please fix this bug

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by CapRob, Dec 15, 2017.

1. CapRob

CapRob New Member

ok i have been randomly disconnected from the game multiple times now. devs can you look into it i'm tired of of being kicked out of battles. I play this on the MAC

2. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

I don't think the devs can do anything about this, its not something that happens to anyone. I bet if you try any other computer you would not see this issue.

3. Gazy

Gazy New Member

I will hazard a guess that your connected via wireless, and probably sharing it with other people in your household. When someone starts up a download of some form (including on your computer in the background) it can swamp your local network and time you out.

4. Zer0CoolAZ

Zer0CoolAZ Administrator Staff Member

So there are limited things that we can do in an instance like this unless it's happening on a wide scale. If it was many players then that usually indicates something that is on our end, or our network provider's end. But when it's limited to either a small number or a singular instance, it tends to lean towards a user related issue. Whether it be security / firewall / antivirus settings on your local PC (Had a user unable to connect to the game due to their Windows Firewall settings), or a network related issue (Your router / modem settings, your connection speed or quality, quality of internal wiring or lines, wifi quality, or networking card quality).

I would suggest first trying to use your device on another network. If it's a laptop (Macbook etc.,) try a public wifi like a McDonalds or a Coffee shop. If the issue no longer persists, then it'll show you that the issue was your connection. If it keeps going it could be related to your software/settings on the machine. To rule out the machine, if you have access to another computer you can try that one with your steam account. If that has no issues, then it rules out a goofy issue with Steam and leaves it down to your machine. If the issue presents itself across both a new network /and/ a new machine, then we have something to look at on our networks.