*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VI ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

V: Is it correct that i can only choose between basic ships, but not their variants(only Agile Flyer, but not Agile Flyer II,III and IV).

Also, if you click the previous button in the first ship select it will only cycle between the Agile Flyer and the Star Warrior, but will not let you choose the Honorbound.

-Yes, that is a bug fix in the queue, though I thought they had fixed it already. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
  2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

He said he was stepping away for awhile, so for the sake of getting you a quick answer:

Yes, that is correct, base model I only, not variants for starters

Known issue, you only see 2 if you cycle back, but can see all 3 if you cycle forward.

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Two XP things that will be changed:
    Last hit kill reward (changed to proportional rewards to all players who hit the ship)
    If in control of a tender manually, you get XP for player heals.

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Banzai! (Asking for these things for awhile)

ETA? This week, next week? Planned to be done is good enough for now if you dont want to give an ETA, and I wouldn't blame you.

5. Gazy

Gazy New Member

[BUG]
    Updated with LP my chief medical officer to have Emergency Escape level 1.
    Fought a few more battles, captain went to L2
    Updated with LP my chief medical officer, the entire Emergency Escape line was dark, so I selected Advance Med Bays

It removed my point in emergency escape, and applied both to Advance Med Bays.

PS Should be "Advanced Med Bays" on the title, not "Advance Med" as currently listed.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hit me, you know what I want.

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

Our first early access patch, addresses the following:

Fixed an issue with the ships not being properly ordered in the turn bar.
    An automated notification system for server restarts and shutdowns has been added to the game.
    The faction limits for all sectors have been reduced:
    6vs6 now reduced to 4vs4
    8vs8 now reduced to 5vs5
    10vs10 now reduced to 6vs6
    Extra large sectors eg. 20v20 now half that amount

The Skirmish simulation mode will no longer have a turn timer.
    • More premium avatars have been added to the game.
    Fixed an issue with the Tutorial where an error message would appear when attempting to fire your repaired weapon.
    There is now a new sound to indicate when it is your turn in combat.

Coming next day:
    -Speeding up animation speed/ship movement speed
    -Adding customizable ship names

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Said the turn-bar thing twice :p

(on steam too)

Making it blue doesn't fix it

I suppose there could have been two different turn bar issues :p

Please add option to disable turn-notification sound.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  9. Gant

Gant Member

Imo the screen is completely confusing and wrong.

You have a title of captured/defended systems and in the bar itself you have text with officer points - providing no cue of relation between the two.

You are displaying 'officer points' with other data related to specific officer, despite they are not.

It is completely unclear from the screen that officer points work as an unlock and for all officers.

The text under promote says 'for Next Level' - yet there is no other thing called 'levels' on screen, leaving a user again without a clue what the text refers to.

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

C'mon, haven't you ever wanted to just push buttons and find out what happens (red one, NAOW)? :p Half the fun is figuring things out

The descriptions are a bit lacking and the inner workings of earning credits, especially fractions from defense, but the system is quite simple to figure out. This trend holds true for a lot of the descriptors and game mechanics, but it's a pretty easy figure.

Nutshell {Timer/Cooldown + Officer Experience/Credit requirement per tier + XP = promote for rank up and 1 skill point -> Choose a skill}

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Gant: the GUI for the officer skill stuff is going to be improved over time, hence why it just came into beta.

12. Gant

Gant Member

That is understandable.

From your post, it seemed to me you were making suggestion for changes to developers and I thought that pushing it a bit more further with some small tweaks in text wording, or a bit of moving elements around, you could improve consistency and clarity of provided information greatly for very little effort.

13. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

I just tried to dock at spacestation Ghoda. But, for some reasons all docks were blocked by space debris for some reason. How is that even possible?

EDIT: It was Ghoda 1 I had no problem whatsoever to dock at Ghoda 2. Also it became apparent that actually some player blocked the station. Still, annoying to deal with.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

People were flying and dying at the station on purpose.

You have the solution already though, just go to the inner sector and dock there :p

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE

Weapons are now animationg much faster and the sound is a little compressed. sounds weird. However, the same delay is still there because of the XP posts.

Get rid of that damn XP post delay!!!!

Movement seems to be much faster, but still same delay on waiting for shots/events to clear before allowing movement again.

Reduce the delay on being able to move after an action.

16. Vesuvius_SWIE

YES XEEN: the xp post delay is part of what needs to be fixed, and I thought it might on this update. If anything go to Jira, post on that ticket and re-emphasize it for me please.
    Testing the update now, yeah, the laser audio is off now.

17. Vesuvius_SWIE

Space Wars Patch Notes 12/13/2017
    • Custom ship names will now be properly displayed to yourself and other players in combat.
    • The movement speed for ship animations has been doubled.
    • Officer communication messages will no longer block attack animations.
    • The Missiles and Marine pods now travel 25% faster and beam durations have been reduced by 25%.
    • A new visual has been added to indicate when it is your turn.
    • The icon for your own ship in the turn bar will now appear as green.
    • The options for View Ship on the Spacedock are now properly aligned.
    • All resolutions that are not compliant to 16:9, 16:10, 5:4, or 4:3, aspect ratios have been removed from the resolution selection.
    • Fixed an issue with the Shipyard panel being skewed at 16:10 aspect ratio.
    • Server Selection and Leaderboards now properly support the 4:3 aspect ratio.
    • Re-watching ending cinematics can now be skipped like the intro cinematics.
    • Fixed an issue where the previous button was not properly cycling through all the ships on the character select screen.
    • Fixed a visual issue where ships would disappear from the ship roster if repurchased too quickly.
    • Fixed several cases where civilian ships would warp out in a different direction from where they were pointing.

18. obnosis

obnosis New Member

small but a bit annoying bug we noticed today: an AI ended its turn on a debris/meteorite hex and could not be attacked from anywhere, including adiacent hexes. it moved out next turn on its own tho.

19. infested

infested Member

Just tested the new changes and totally agree with Xeen. There is still allot of potential for speed improvement. There are huge delays after using your weapons to move again especially marine pods.

Tried to move then use 4 marine pods then move again and shoot 3 times with lasers all using shortcuts and i barely made it on time (60 sec). The 4 pods alone took like 20 seconds until the full animation finished plus the delay to let me move again.

Btw i don't mind the sound effects change. If i didn't read it first here i wouldn't even notice the slight difference.

Imo at this point do not increase the sector ship limit and do not reduce the 60 second timers because the animations/delays are still very time consuming.

20. Gant

Gant Member

Like I suggested before, it would be great if you could stop(add) the timer until the animation is finished.

Way easier to balance the pace of the game that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.