General Q&A? Ask here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Closed beta going down for wipe and live beta prep in less than 20 hours!

No service between then and whenever the gate opens Dec. 6th

Tobias aka Zer0C0olAZ is probably still streaming on twitch if you want a look. (that's a number zero in zer0 not a letter o, but you cant tell on these forums so easily)

Zer0CoolAZ likes this.
  2. TheMaster

TheMaster New Member

Merci, found him.

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Master: sent you a steam key now :)

4. TheMaster

TheMaster New Member

Christmas is in 20 days right? ;)
    Thank you!

Zer0CoolAZ likes this.
  5. Tishiro

Tishiro New Member

Question. I assume there is a race lock on each server? With 1000 players the optimum would be 250 players per race. Otherwise it seems your going to have a very short lived contest. 999 vs 1 isn't much of a challenge, unless of course, your speaking of the 1 poor soul and his final act of defiance....In any event I am looking forward to the game. Unfortunately I hadn't heard of it until MMORPG's review. Guess I'll be operating from a bit of disadvantage initially.

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Well you're in luck then, the game hasn't started yet, launches on Friday.
    As for race balance, since its early access beta, it will be interesting to see who plays what races, but it has been pretty balanced on internal beta. There is a cap however, on how many players can be on one side.
    I also doubt we will have 1000 players on launch; we simply don't have the marketing power or publisher to promote the game to the masses. We will rely on word of mouth to get it out to the public.

7. Tishiro

Tishiro New Member

Thanks for the reply. Word of mouth will work, though slowly, if its a good game. Wasn't able to play the beta but it looks really interesting. Noticed the comparison to HOMM. I worked for EA and 3DO so it caught my attention. After I get started I may try and rope some of my friends into it, though they're generally hung up on LOTRO, ESO type games. Waiting for friday....

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Definite strong influences from Heroes -- I used to run a Heroes of Might and Magic tournament (Tournament of Honor, ToHeroes.com) for 15 years starting with Heroes2. There are elements from homm that I adapted to this game, along with more recent elements of Heroes Online and Heroes Kingdoms.

9. canbeen

canbeen Member

How does % crew killed affect a ship's operation? I remember seeing the chart during game loading on how engine damage affects power, but not sure if there's a similar one for crew.

10. CpZen

CpZen Member

I believe it starts somewhere around 20% crew loss you start affecting engines and power. Then it goes down from there.

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

^ yes. There's a loadscreen that gives all the details.

12. TheMaster

TheMaster New Member

Cheatsheet with values can be found here http://forums.spacewars.com/threads/cheatsheet-v0-1.109/

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

14. canbeen

canbeen Member

Wow thks alot, guys. Thks for anticipating my next question, just like the Master ;)

15. Ironpaw

Ironpaw New Member

Sorry if I missed it, how do I get credit for a capture or defense so I can promote my officers? It sounds simple, but I just spent an hour helping capture a sector, I did sacrifice my size III to save a size IV but I came right back, we closed it out and took control, but when I docked, no credit? Thanks for any info

16. Zer0CoolAZ

Zer0CoolAZ Administrator Staff Member

For a defense you need to defend 5 times to get 1 point. Only a single capture is needed to obtain 1 point that way.

17. Ironpaw

Ironpaw New Member

Thanks for the info Zer0cool, maybe it was a defend, vice a capture.

18. Vesuvius_SWIE

There's a few GUI improvements that I'm preparing comps for, to help convey the officer upgrades better.

19. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

Some simple question: Is there any way to get a ist your turn notification: Accustic and vissble?

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

There is a chime that hits on your turn, but it just a little too passive. So I've requested to have the programmers make something a lot more distinctive. (as well as a visual notice that is clearer)