*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VI ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I've heard skirmish does weird things, never tested that system much since it isn't live gameplay (no risk practice). Can check in a sec.

Yeah, infinite load for me too. Works fine with all same settings except changed I3 to BB3 opponent.

Funny notes:

Debris is still on the test arena map from someone else fighting there recently, doesn't appear to be reset per player (or possibly not even unique instances?).

The UI says 1 Gen structure for some reason, I guess you could practice in skirmish vs a defense platform at some point in the future. That would be nifty :p (hehee too late).

100% Radiation, run for your lives!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

This is what happens when you over-allocate power. Beware that 1 beam charge, 1 movement, and no scanner punching bag!

Attached Files:

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

if you have no opposition, sure. But remember that you're basically a one man show on that server.

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

THanks, this is a critical find, to fix before launch. 'Large meteor art asset missing'.
    meteor.jpg

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yes and no in the open territory, I'd expect more challenge from players, but player kills are worth 2x the CP. So if player fights took longer and that time added up to more than the lock duration (This is the important point!), then it wouldn't be so easy to do stuff like that.

Now beating the defense platform to get out there in the first place woulda been hella hard with player defenders (like an army of them, not just 1) by myself. OH, and fixing that AI Director problem I mentioned to you in private.

It won't let you use the auto-dock feature again to path you to base, but you can still dock without leaving map (and catching 2 load screens) if you manually fly to the station. If you fly in after pressing 'Dock' and it's bugged, the station will gobble you up as soon as you touch a docking tile.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Something weird going on.

Attached Files:

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

I'm guessing you weren't actually able to go to those regions, even if the arrow things were showing up?

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Nope, couldn't get to them. The engage button only stuck on screen for like half a second after clicking the tile.

9. Vesuvius_SWIE

Some composites I'm working on for the programmers to implement thru the beta. Right now officer skill buttons can be somewhat confusing, and not user friendly, so enhancements are going to be recommended this way:
    officerbar.jpg
    afafa.jpg

Onifrk likes this.
  10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Looks neat, won't have to spam through the list anymore trying to remember which ones are done.

Could you put some kind of light/indicator hex (in keeping with the hex theme) or perhaps a horizontally stretched hex that encompasses all the officer icons for that ship, a grouping visual aid + indicator in one. to let the player know if an upgrade is available (timer ready + has enough credits for at least 1 upgrade = green, on cooldown + credits for at least 1 upgrade = yellow, insufficient credits for upgrade = red, all upgrades complete = blue?)

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Space Wars Patch Notes 11/04/2017

General
    • The Legacy Medals feature has been added to the game. There are now medals that will carry over from season to season that are much more detailed than the standard medals. These medals can be seen by clicking on the Legacy Medals button on the upper right of the server select or on the captain tab of the Spacedock.
    • A player’s combat turn will now automatically end if they run out of movement points and have no powered weapons that can still be fired.
    • Made some improvements to file compression to reduce the overall size of the game.
    • Fixed an issue where some objects were not properly appearing on maps.
    • Fixed an issue where the fire effect for the destroyed moon would not appear correctly.
    • Fixed an infinite loading screen issue that would occur when if the user attempted to enter galaxy and then clicked to enter the tutorial.
    • The click sound effect on the "All" or "None" for the Shipyard filters are no longer louder than the other button sounds.
    • Sol lasers will now use the same power gradient as genari lasers.
    • The ship roster on the Spacedock will now order ships consistently based on Class, Type, and Variant.
    • Change Portrait will no longer display your current portrait as a selection option to prevent accidental re-purchasing.
    • Addressed a circumstance where an error message would be triggered when returning to the Spacedock from the Tutorial.
    • Addressed an issue where the Purchase Credits popup was not dynamically adjusting based on screen resolution.
    • Several more improvements have been made to the Ship Glossary regarding user interaction and showing non relevant information.
    • Fixed an issue where there would be a secondary flyby when a ship warps out of a map.
    • Fixed an issue where an error would occur when attempting to power a system that was repaired.
    • Officer Skills will no longer appear in Skirmish matches.
    • Addressed an issue where a previous Captain’s ships would be shown on the captain creation screen after a server season ends.
    • Fixed an issue where multiple movement commands would be queued up.

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Woo -Vice Admiral- If I knew we were gonna get medals, I woulda pushed for Fleet.

These are getting wiped this one last time, right?

Improvement to pace of combat +1

Size of the game was never an issue, but ok!

I saw those blocking effects coming out :p

Hooray for operational cost balance

Was the resolution thing what was holding back the steam submission?

Secondary flyby as in that thing I was talking about where you snap to rear of location and then zip to where you were? (I hope that's what this fix is) [Edit: YES IT IS, looks so much better, finally, ahhhhh]

Had that previous Captain ship thing once. Very rare occurrence, but progress is progress :)

YES, YES SO MUCH YES mutli-movement command fix!!! This is the click-based repeat movement path issue, right? [Edit: oh no... did q'ing attacks and rotations have to get squashed too in order to fix the double/triple pathing from clicks?]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  13. TheMaster

TheMaster New Member

Just noticed the new 127MB patch changed ships on character creation to C3 only but the "Next" button cycles through all 3 ship types where as the "Previous" button cycles through 2 only.

14. gegener

gegener Member

hi
    It is a bug or not :
    i cam in a sector where some other GEN player were killing enemy.
    the first turn i was playing i choose my weapon activation and dont get the init. 1 other GEN player kill the last bot and the sector was for the GEN faction. i get honor point and xp point but i dont get any +1 for capture region?
    it is because it was an old gen sector and count as defend? or because i make 0 dmg?

other point
    i capture alone a sector g1314 or somting like that ^^
    the last kill i make confirm the sector was capture by gen faction but the aoe finish my ship :'(
    i take xp and other bonus but dont get any point for capture. it is because i was destroy or for another reason?

Ty

15. TheMaster

TheMaster New Member

I suggest to put it into the preferences, to switch on or off.

16. Onifrk

Onifrk New Member

BUG:
    Genari Fleet (AF II) in sector G-1215 Flew by a radiation cloud (2 spaces away i believe but I'm not sure) and did not appear to go in it but blew up anyway. Sorry for no screen cap was not expecting that to happen.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

You should have received an officer credit along with XP for capturing a region so long as you had transited in before the region was captured, even if you did nothing (officer credits allow you to promote, higher ranks require more), but if you died, you lost your crew and credits, so you have to start over for that ship.

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Can you reproduce it or go back and take a ss to point out where? There are some map bugs. I haven't heard of invisible/misplaced radiation or other field types though. Usually it's an object with an invalid code (like the hive rocks or other unusual obstacles) that prevents movement to a tile that appears to be accessible. Sometimes there are 'jail' tiles that can be spawned on but cannot access the rest of the map.

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

SOS @Vesuvius_SWIE

@eXe is right

It is no longer possible to complete your turn sometimes on some ships with a high combination of movement (including forced stops) and weapon fire animations as a result of losing the ability to rotate while animations are playing and queue additional weapons.

It also has NOT stopped unintended double/triple movement pathing from clicks.

(Oh and that hotkey thing has been around for awhile, also a problem for me too with my kb for the hotkey listed as 'P' that one would expect to be the + key, but really should be =. Fortunately few ships, and only the biggest at that, have 12 or more weapons, making this bug pretty rare at this time)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  20. Vesuvius_SWIE

Bug reported now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.