Lonewolf gameplay style

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cromgore, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Cromgore

Cromgore New Member

Being someone that suffers with anxiety i tend to be a bit of a lonewolf/loner player when playing my online games i know this is more of a team effort game and everyone needs to commit themselves for the good of the chosen faction but with that being said will i be hamstringed at all if i want to do things a bit on my own?

Yunalesca and CPTcrush like this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

From the sounds of things, there's going to be some level of Single Player available, though I'm not sure yet how robust it will be.

It sounds, though, like this single player business will help out one's chosen faction as well, so you'll end up being more of a team player than you think.

3. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

I don't really remember "single player", but there is some kind of "pve" as the not-yet implemented factions (Hive and Ma'Alaketh) will be present in the galaxy as AI units. If you barge into their territory, they will send endless waves against you, with more and more numbers until you die (or retreat).
    Maybe there is some hope for a "Campaign" if the game is really successful, but that costs $$.

But there are smaller and bigger "battlefields", so it's not impossible that you can find your own place even alone.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Yeah, I'm kinda making the assumption that the PvE side of things can be done solo, which is what I based that comment on. Here's hoping I'm not too wrong.

5. SirSprout

SirSprout New Member

I'm the lone wolf type of player, I think you can still be PvP (which is what I plan) but not bother with teaming up and stuff. I play on my own time so I think Crom you mean that too. I think most people will be lone wolves at first anyway until you pick up friends etc...

Just because there's other allies fighting in a sector I'm in doesn't mean I have to coordinate with them, right? Now I'm sounding like a loner haha.

6. Kahless

Kahless Member

I'm sure I'll find likeminded friends on my side who will team up. I think in a game like this the more teamwork you have the more successful you're going to be. Lone wolf types will have a more difficult time.

7. Jmp2x

Jmp2x Member

I've been lone-wolfing and fighting AI/getting XP as Sol. But I guess its mostly because there isn't many human opponents for now as I would probably fight if a human opponent came to defend a spot I'm attacking. I can almost afford a destroyer, want to get a swordfish.

8. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

I've been doing the lonewolf thing on the beta, but I'm more than happy to have an ally join in on the fun. I think this game will be very exciting once there's more players on the server and you can work together to finish regions, scout, etc...

9. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

There are plenty of surrounded areas now for Genari players to capture. Free honor points for sitting there.

10. NightWolf

NightWolf Member

All puns aside, I'm being a lone wolf right now. Fighting AI ships at the border but they've become smarter. It tough, I need allies to join up with me!

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

You can't choose to play solo if you want to, allies or enemies included... unless you want to do some crazy attacks on enemies you aren't meant to be fighting yet and no one else is insane enough to go with you + enemy players can't reach those areas.

12. CpZen

CpZen Member

I'm pretty much lone wolf because of the time zone situation, being in Australia you guys in Europe and US are all asleep.

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Nothing wrong with that, and you are bound to run into me sooner or later on a weekend or holiday :p

Hopefully there will be people from all sorts of time zones, and I tend to play in small bursts across 16 hours of the day.

There are advantages to not having too many opponents on when you play.

14. Sire of Suns

Sire of Suns New Member

Play with people? Ew.

15. Zer0CoolAZ

Zer0CoolAZ Administrator Staff Member

Lone wolf is not impossible. It will get difficult as all hell at some points, but not impossible. When SpaceWars was being promoted at a local event in Arizona, there was a player @VoodooXIII who on his first attempt of the game was managing to hold his own against 5 ships, by himself. Shoutouts to those who can manage to handle that kind of heat lol

16. ZugZug

ZugZug New Member

As a lone wolf I think it'll be like any other MMO. Sure, you can do most everything on your own, even if its a bit tougher. But some stuff is going to require coordination and thats where PUGs fall apart.