*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VI ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

A lot of work is going on behind the scenes on the legacy stuff, and server selection screens (yes, there will eventually be more than one server actively running).

2. ClaytonIceHeart

ClaytonIceHeart New Member

Genari Victory class light cruiser's missiles said they do 15 damage in the tool-tip, when I used the same missile system that turn, they only do 8 damage in total; after looking at tool tips more while playing however, I noticed this wasn't always the case, and would happen at random, to other ships and weapons as well.

-If this bug is common, I want to be able to reproduce it, and present it to the programmers and get this fixed for sure. Though if you're playing skirmish, things are a bit more wonky there for some reason, much more stable in normal game. -Vesuvius

Enemy Ships in simulator sometimes bug out and do not end their turn when disturbing power, and run the clock, using what appears to be the same power levels as the turn before, cannot check on that latter part to confirm however, and only noticed it one or twice in the simulator in about 40-50 matches in it.

I am aware of the repairs blocking you from changing your power levels, however after I repaired, and made sure of it, then changing my power levels, it kept my power levels the same from last turn for them, after I ended my turn in the Allocation phase. I will say I noticed once or twice before as well , I would change the power provided to a system on my ship, and when double checking my power levels, I notice they would reset to what they were before I changed the power levels, but no ship wide, was for that system only. not sure if this is a bug or I am just missing something when this happens.

-This is something somewhat wonky as well, its something good that Xeen can produce a precise ticket for to the programmers (he has access to them). -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2017
  3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

There's been a long time bug of the tooltip displaying an added base damage depending on which phase you are in (allocation mostly does it). The info on the shipyard is correct though.

There was also a bug that if you changed power levels then activated a skill, it would reset them to their starting values for the round. I think that one was fixed.

Also, power is supposed to be saved if your clock runs out, but I think sometimes it doesn't.

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Oh, seems like you had that nasty repair bug that causes a weapon or other system to become non-operational even after being repaired and it appears that power is allocated when it is not and you can never change the power, it always snaps back to the 'stuck' value when you end allocation.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Still get a load screen on top of an active map (transit, allocation, combat, see phase overlays, hear sounds, walled out by load screen), occasionally. Very bad cuz you have to alt-f4 and hope your ship makes it out of combat.

-This is a rare bug that is going to be more reproducible I assume on active Dec6th gaming, when there's more chances of players being in queue for an active combat. Also, if the region is full, it puts you in queue, and there's no 'exit' button as of yet, something the programmers need to apply. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2017
  6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Rare, but with the potential to cost you your ship! I think I was the only player, attempting to engage an idle sector right after having captured one and leaving very quickly.

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Power allocation lost on time out (premature at that, still had seconds left). Partial changes should have been saved!

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hostile player (defender) was able to enter their territory that was cut off from reinforcement. Apparently you can still hop 1 tile. Gen player went to the Sol territory between his owned space and the disconnected territory, then was able to go to the routed territory where no AI or players are supposed to be able to access.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Sat idle on Galaxy map for an hour or more and didnt repair (minor damage of ~10)

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yeah, I want this bug completely gone; best way is to try to capture some reproduction to prove it to the programmers. It happened to me once on the weekend too.

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

During a moment of latency or with a weaker connection, it is possible to q up a bunch of commands and then immediately end turn, resulting in errors because the end turn command is processed before the orders even though it was issued last.

I can have all of my weapons marked as 'used', get a general error pop up for each one that fails because somehow my turn ends before the weapons fire. Same thing if you try to move after your turn has ended.

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Power -> Movement -> Init doesn't always display correctly after ending your allocation, and sometimes the wrong values carry over into combat.

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

*Too lazy to get the seagull "Patch?" meme and paste it here*

Notes plz!

Some weird sector ID numbers displaying on the right panel by the sector name (like 12 digits long).

The 'inspect' tool is great, no need to search through a list, just bam-done base values of the selected ship.

Either it's just me or game chat is broken (not seeing anyone type, attempting to enter chat produces General Error). Trying to tell @AmishJoe that I'm hunting in a defended (station) sector to avoid capturing more territory. Don't force me out... Again, I'm minding my own business and you are picking a fight, so don't cry when I crash your attack party and kill you, then leave.

Seeing a Gen emblem instead of a portrait on players.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  14. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yeah, chat is bugged, messaged them now about that.

-Chat fixed now.

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

11/28/2017 update:
    • Players are now able to return to the Galaxy Map if they want to leave the queue for entering a Sector Map.
    • An all-new Ship Glossary has been added to the game. While in a sector hitting the “g” key will open the glossary and the “i” key will show the stat card for the currently selected ship. The glossary can also be accessed on the Spacedock. This feature is a work in progress and will undergo improvements and changes.
    • When a player creates a captain for the first time they will now have an option to sign up for the Space Wars newsletter.
    • Updated how the game handles ship movement to better address cases where ships would stop on occupied nodes when detecting another ship or entering an environmental node.
    • Players will no longer automatically stop if moving into detection range of an enemy ship that has already been detected by an ally.
    • The Genari captain skill “Honorable Death” will now refund Honor Points based on the ship’s purchase cost.
    • Captain portraits are now classified as Premium or Standard.
    • When changing the captain portrait the popup will now default to Premium portraits.
    • New Sol and Genari premium portraits have been added to the game.
    • When creating a new captain the portrait will no longer default to Premium portraits.
    • To prevent spamming chat an error will now appear if a player posts 3 messages within a 5 second period.
    • The officer skills Overload have had their damage modification values reduced to the following:
      • Overload I now increases damage by 20% instead of 50%.
      • Overload II now increases damage by 40% instead of 100%.
      • Overload III now increases damage by 60% instead of 200%.
      • Overload IV now increases damage by 100% instead of 300%.
    • The XP awarded for capturing a region has been doubled.
    • The XP awarded for live player kills and live player hits (not NPCs) has been doubled.
    • The About button on the Options Menu now displays the Space Wars legal text.
    • The game’s full name Space Wars: Interstellar Empires will now be shown.
    • Sol Plasma Beam weapons' range damage bonuses now extend much farther (+1 (1-6 ) +2 (7-10) +3 (11-14)

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Seems that a bunch of card-links are off in the Glossary.

-Message me which ones, and I will fix -- though ones showing a class I firefly = not linked or card not made yet. -Vesuvius

There was already an anti-spam chat feature in place, why the new one? Perhaps that's what broke chat.

-Yeah, not sure why they needed a new one

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017
  17. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I think occupied node bug has finally been squashed, I would have found out more, but I had to run from xeen in his yamato.

It you "inspect" any station on genari side anyway, you get firefly card.

-Yes, because as I'm madly building the ship cards every day (total of 108 cards), the station cards I finally completed today. They weren't added to the update. -Vesuvius

Also I thought that troop ship was supposed to resupply 2 pods per turn per ship? It isn't.

-A ticket I've written for them to fix but they haven't yet. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017
  18. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

If you noticed I didn't get through your shields so I don't know what the problem was, except................
    I notice as others have that you speak with forked tongue,

19. Onifrk

Onifrk New Member

BUG:
    Genari tier 4 troop transport is only supplying 10 pods not 12 for the stated 120 Marines. Checked this twice. Once just by myself, and once with the help of another player (AmishJoe) restocking their own ship.

-Ticket reported (but also corrections needed to deliver 2 pods/round) -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
  20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Notes? And don't leave out any minor details like *Stations were given massive ninja buffs, kthnx*

Finally fixed that ugly what row of pixels at login screen :p

Made some adjustments to allow for selection from multiple servers when that comes around?

Got a global info button added too.

Heavy laser now has different purplish color from regular?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.