*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VI ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Deep in Hive territory, there are large portions of the map separated by impassible planets/moons/objects. I've only seen a few other small cases of this.

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Alrighty, I quite literally cannot play now until the fix :p even if I manage to get off the station, I get another bug during allocation.

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

So it seems there is a problem with the connectivity detection for determining whether or not a player can 'engage' a sector. Instead of checking wither the target sector borders a tile and connection to a friendly station, it is checking if there is a connection between the player and the selected tile through friendly territory (or something like that).

As it turns out, you can inch your way across the galaxy, tile by tile, because every tile adjacent to you is always a valid selection. However, you cannot easily return home aside from selection a Mission tile (of all things, I dunno why it works) or closing the game and restarting at your home station.

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

How did you get deep into hive territory in the first place? You're not supposed to be able to go back past the border hex. Hence why those regions aren't developed for use.

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

This is what I call a 'superbug', would be good to write a ticket for it Xeen. It almost seems like you've entered another dimension at this point (in the upsidedown place from stranger things).

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hehehe, it was a strange experience indeed. I visited all of the Mala border territories and some interior ones (you cleaned up the border maps to make it verrrry difficult to kite mala ships, but interior ones still have nice play spaces). I also went and checked out the Hive Dark Core along with several of their sectors (most of their sectors are very dark indeed, quite difficult to play in let alone the suped up stats).

I was laughing so hard when Amish thought I had hacked an admin account or got a password, lol.... had fun hawking chat from the shadows.

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Seems as though I was able to self-correct the issue by starting a Skirmish using the same ship as my actual bugged one... fingers crossed.

Nope... just got lucky leaving the space station, still getting 'invalid system' at allocation. Back to riding that bench!

8. TommyBZ

TommyBZ New Member

I usually don't post much here just play, but I recommend that when you look at repair tenders stats, the light repair bay statistic should show how many repair points it gives. Right now it shows power and range which doesn't seem relevant.

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

It does show light and medium repair bay for the Class IV and V, but there is no callout descriptor or information as to how much repair that grants (+2 and +4)

Also the ship itself gets a +2 self repair bonus, so the tender will end up with 2 base +2 hull bonus +2 or 4 from repair bay and +2 or 4 to each ship adjacent at start of repair phase.

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

As requested. I have no ability to view the hostile/station tabs or this 'empire' tab you were talking about. No Empire Bar to view enemy ship data.jpg

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

New background on load, and it says beta down there :p

The engagement markers (and fix to the bug) look great.

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

Tuesday's Update!
    • Sectors under an opposing faction’s possession that can be attacked will now display a white lightning bolt.
    • Marine Pods will no longer deal crew damage to Ma'Alaketh or Hive ships.
    • The captain skill Slaughter II will now give +2 XP per crew kill instead of +4 XP.
    • Fixed an issue where a large map object was not being properly shown but was still preventing players from navigating through the nodes it occupied.
    • Weapons can no longer counterfire when they are damaged.
    • The background for the server select scene has been updated.
    • The frequency players will run into a general error on the Sol tutorial that will prevent progression has been reduced.
    • Players are no longer able to travel to sectors adjacent to a player’s current location but are not adjacent to a friendly sector.
    • Addressed an issue where some of the beam drones were not firing.
    • Single player missions upon completion will now award a bonus 10 XP.
    • Fixed an issue where the purchase ship button would remain visible after purchasing the ship.
    • The captain's panel on the Spacedock will now show the Leadership/Honor Point value for the captain instead of displaying the XP value twice.
    • The queued for map popup will no longer persist into combat.

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

There is a problem with repairing damaged weapons and then having them appear to be charged when they aren't

-I have a ticket for that, happened to me before as well. Haven't been able to get a proper reproduction of it. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2017
  14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Bug: Unable to repair damaged scanner system if in a cloud (the one that disables scans)

-It's meant to be that way actually. Nothing scanner-wise works in the Nebula. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2017
  15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Zone-Lock bug (Just Captures G1321, no lock) and Radar Lag Vision (have ss) bug are still in.

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Ending combat only gives a fixed 2 repair to hull, not your full repair points if any engineer boost, and systems dont seem to get repaired, only hull.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Doesn't appear that XP is awarded for slow-capping a sector (time).

18. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Worked for me earlier today

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

*Patch Notes*

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Missions are not spawned for Sol since patch. Do they normally take awhile to start up?

-They are definitely there - Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.