*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS V ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Look at the shields???? I know xeen said if you let the allocation timer run out, sometimes you revert back to stock settings. I didn't let the timer run down. Not sure what that is

20171028211812_1.jpg

2. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

Are you saying that you had shields on the f/p side? That blue indicator does do its own thing sometimes.

3. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I meant that I had full power on both shields I charged, only port front got 16 charge instead of 20.

Sounds like Shield Overcharge II wasn't working properly on that arc; if it repeats here and there, I'll make a ticket and see what the root cause is. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2017
  4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Ya looks weird.

Already put in a JIRA report for the hex trace flaw (weapons and radar) when facing the border (your other screenshot). I think I posted it ~6 months ago :p It's not a huge problem, but definitely does need to be fixed. If you would turn left once, you would have vision and firing of front weapons on the expected tiles.

I think the hex trace checks along the forward direction first to see if the hex is valid for firing and/or vision, then branches to either side from there. So once it runs into the border of the sector, it can't go sideways to check those other tiles that you should be seeing. Instead, it should check forward then to the sides as well as sideways then forward from each valid hex, if you get what I mean. Or, make it so that the sector edge does not count as an obstruction to firing/vision, just impassible. Or it could be something else entirely causing the problem :p

I don't think you can see that problem on a planet or rock in the map though, only the border, which is weird.

-Yes, that is a problem still, the original programmer needs to fix that -- It actually has an impact on my map making as well, where larger planets will create these large angular voids that I have to correct, always at the edge of a border. -Vesuvius

5. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Is something different? the game has been lagging bad today. Or is it my crappy internet again,lol.

-Played now, very smooth like normal -Vesuvius

6. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Probably my connection.

7. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Finally got a Himjei!!!! During the next to last round after firing 5 of 10 weapons I suddenly got an invalid target, the rest of my salvo was lost :(

-Almost sounds like the Himjei was destroyed, but the client didn't catch it right. Nova vs. Himjei I assume. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2017
  8. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Nova is correct, it was one or two turns before I destroyed Himjei. My total damage that turn allowing for miss percent should have brought it down to 18-35 hull. Letting me kill it next turn. However with invalid target, the station still had 60+ hull, so it took a little more time, lol. First invalid target in the middle of a turn. I have had several at the beginning and a few after I moved into some debris, but never while sitting in on spot and just turning so aft would bear.

Also, it looks like the Himjei was counted on the stations destroyed but not on enemy AI destroyed. Is this correct? If so why have class XI and above on ships destroyed?
    -Yes, stations aren't counted as AI ships. As for class XI and above for ships destroyed; that needs to be removed (though in the future Hive has XI ships). -Vesuvius

Different inquiry; for a while I saw a lot of Yamato AI's, now its back to all heavy cruisers.
    -Stations generate defenses over time, they can deplete their ships -Vesuvius

9. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

chat window flashes every time you change maps. even when no one is chatting.

-That's a fix that is coming possibly as early as Tuesday. -Vesuvius

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Big update today: Server has been reset. Note: There will be one more server reset this Friday.
    • The Captain Profile statistics have been updated to no longer show anything above a Class X ship.
    • The Galaxy Map has been updated with new art assets, and individual sectors have been improved for gameplay.
    • Defending or capturing a region is now the only requirement to achieve a combat sortie for upgrading officers. This does not affect the cooldown timer between when officers can be upgraded.
    • The configuration window when launching Space Wars now shows a banner for the game.
    • The initial game startup has been cleaned up to no longer show debug information or interfaces that are not used anymore.
    • Fixed an issue where a player could get stuck in waiting for transit phase because combat resolved before the next transit phase.
    • Special Effect: Beam sizes will now scale based on the charge level of the specified weapon.
    • When a ship is destroyed it will no longer persist indefinitely in the ship roster if the player changes to a different tab.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the re-purchase of a destroyed ship until the Spacedock was fully reloaded.
    • Fixed an issue which would in some instances cause an infinite loading screen when entering galaxy after repurchasing a ship.
    • The AI is now better able to find it’s way to an edge node when it takes over a player’s ship after a disconnect.
    • The turn bar icons will now identify which ships are Sol and Genari NPC civilian ships.
    • The game will no longer use repair points unless an actual repair is made (includes hull, crew, engine, and systems).
    • The server will more frequently update the client about the status of certain ship attributes and statuses.
    • The power output on the ship callout will now include the modified values from skills to all players instead of just the owner.
    • The chat tab will now only flash if a player makes a post or if an administrator makes an announcement.
    • The damage and accuracy boost from Genari captain skill Rally will now last for one round and will be removed at the beginning of the next allocation phase.
    • Several improvements have been made with how movement is handled in freeflight. Ships will now always stop on a valid node.
    • Fixed an issue where the mutually exclusive skills Elite Marines and Team Expansion could be acquired on the same marine commander.
    • Fixed an issue where the officer skill Team Expansion wasn't correctly calculating the increased marine damage.
    • Updated several of the hexagonal buttons that are used within the game including the for Enter Galaxy, Leave Map, and Dock.
    • The asset for several of the of the popup panels have been revised.
    • Fixed an issue where the maps were not properly ordered for multimap sectors.

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Also take note that starting this weekend, waves of beta tester invites will be coming in, and over 3000 invites will be sent through this month of November. This will be the first live multiplayer event for the game, even though it is still in internal beta. There will be no more server resets until the game goes live to the public on Steam in December.

12. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

20171031220123_1.jpg Nice new graphics! VERY cool!

Found a new one, did the marine pod visuals not show anymore? Just launched 2, got my honor points but no visual launch

Genari tutorial is bugged, unable to complete, repair weapon bug, weapon is not damaged. Screen shot shows it.

-Thanks for the info, reporting these bugs now. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Awesome, some fixes and changes that we've talked about for quite awhile!

Was the server reset?

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hey I recognize that script :p

15. lefty

lefty Member

I do notice that the laser beams look better now. I wonder if the missiles can be made to look more brilliant when they are more powerful?

-One of the other special effects I'd like to add later, but not sure when. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2017
  16. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

o_O I only received 52 honor points for destroying a class 7 ship with a class 3. I got more than that with my nova destroying a Montana.

-What ship did you destroy? It might have had the XP entry done wrong in the admin. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2017
  17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Bigger missiles/torpedos for the massive ones or a salvo of smaller ones (graphically, but then they would really need a % chance for each individual missile to hit) would be cool.

18. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

20171101141417_1.jpg 20171101143208_1.jpg
    Also the shadow cruiser is showing class XIV on hover card.

19. Vesuvius_SWIE

OH if you mean you destroyed a shadow cruiser (How did you manage that? lol) the XP has been reduced greatly on Hive/Ma'Al ships to avoid abuse there.

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

Quick fix update today:
    • Fixed an issue that was causing the marine pod visual effect or sound from being triggered.
    • The captain skill Honorable Death will no longer award bonus XP for the free starter ships.
    • Fixed an issue in the Genari tutorial preventing the player to progress due to the ship’s systems not properly becoming damaged.
    • Structures will now take damage from vessel explosions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.