System requirements

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by darklord48, Oct 6, 2016.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Member

Do you know what the requirements/recommendations are to run Spacewars?

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Because its turn-based, the requirements are surprisingly low. Framerates at the ancient computers at the PAX event were 20+fps on the old intel celeron and Geforce 400 series -- for 1920x1080 at max textures!

The Calamity and darklord48 like this.
  3. MLocke

MLocke Member

You have to be connected to the server too right?

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yes, it is online-only.

5. CpZen

CpZen Member

I have an older machine (8 years old) so I'm happy the specs are favorable.

6. Coser

Coser Active Member

I'm not. My connection is slow and spotty. I had hoped that I would be able to play single player (Stand-alone missions with no impact on the server.) with the knowledge that I would have to start from the beginning for on-line play, but being able to enjoy myself in the long run, connection or not.

I'll keep an ear out, but this may be the end of my participation in the game.

7. Coser

Coser Active Member

Vesuvius has confirmed that even my connection shouldn't pose much of a problem. Not only are the connection needs actually quite low, but there are systems in place to help out in the unlikely case of a disconnect. So I will be setting my copy up for discretion in the face of a disconnect, and will be happy.

Mind you, I am definitely going to be a Sol player for the while. I just can't get the image of a group of Genari in shorts and T-shirts. [Sol Imperials 6, Genari United 2]

8. CpZen

CpZen Member

Yeah I don't want to sound like I'm from ancient times, but I'm happy this is a modern game that doesn't require some supercomputer with a top-of-the-line connection.

9. TommyBZ

TommyBZ New Member

I'm more wondering who would be playing in my timezone, here in Australia. Maybe some of you guys will be playing in your afternoons or west coasters play late at night.

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

There will definitely be a fluctuation in activity with weekends being busiest, and evenings in North America being more popular -- but I also know that this sort of game appeals to European players (especially Eastern Europeans) so I think activity will be dynamic overall.

11. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

Am I right Vesuvius that there will be no regional-servers? With round-based gameplay, latency is not an issue. ( So we EU players will take all the bases before NA has time to play! WHAHAHAHA :D )

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

Everything will be on Amazon Web Servers, and latency is definitely not an issue in a game like this. At worst, you'd lose a second of your turn out of a 30 second combat round.

13. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

That is great! I have sat. internet so it greatly restricts the number of games I can play. Yeah for me! Many thanks Vesuvius!

14. vic007rau

vic007rau New Member

game work only in 64 bit system i try yesterday to play i have 32 bit system and no can :((((((

15. vic007rau

vic007rau New Member

is any way to game work in 32 bit till launch in 6 december?