*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS V ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Scanner bug is back!!!! But only a little, I couldn't find one ship I knew was there and later Kahless didn't see my target and he was 2 spaces away.
    When repairing a weapon, system requiring one repair point, if you click more than once you will lose repair points. In that same vein, if you key a weapon salvo and destroy the ship before all weapons are fired you get invalid target error, and lose the weapon for that round. Also Kahless was 2-3 spaces from a ship I blew up and instead of receiving hull damage, got 11 engine, is this new? Or just never happened to me? He even commented that it should have killed him.

-There is something strange that happens on occasion with engine hits, sometimes you get less damage than you should. In a strange way, I don't mind that for now, it has that dynamic randomness to it.
    -As for scanner bug, I haven't run into it yet, but as you play a lot more, keep me posted if you run into it due to a certain circumstance.
    -The repair bug is something that I see once in a while, and there is ticket pending on it.
    -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
  2. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Kahless said slaughter 2 was only giving 2x points instead of 4x.

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Awe, the leaderboard didn't record my millions upon millions of XP from the last Gen run :p (how did it save my other Sol run?)

Give me a heads up the next time the galaxy is reset!

I'm liking the no cheese-out fix and the scanner mostly-fix + the experience curve was unusual with gaining and banking tons then having the price and reward refactor mid way through a run. Better to start fresh for a more realistic experience of how the game handles from scratch with all those changes. Might actually get to PvP a bit. Very interested in 'feeling' the sustainability of the economic model.

Might I suggest you change the bonus damage display on weapon callout from 'RNG' to 'HEX', RNG looks like Random Number Generator and might be confusing to some people, possibly indicating a random element to the amount of damage you do or idk what. Also, put a space after the numbers or before the label Hex/Range.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  4. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

so the scanner bug is still here, just better than it was. Here are some shots of me stuck in debris after spotting a ship. Hopefully the pics are better than my descriptions.
    20171020234947_1.jpg
    As you can see from my firing arc I am stuck either behind or in debris, even though my ship shows up differently. Actually that is one space farther than I clicked on. Hopefully the programmers can see from the shot my scanner settings, etc. and give them an idea of what is going on.
    20171020235007_1.jpg
    Second one is during allocation. Still showing me up, but when I started moving I was back in\near debris.

+Plus+ is not working to key up weapons.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  5. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Interesting phenomenon, I wouldn't call that the scanner bug, but something else, like one of those times your ship 'pops' to a different region, because of some client/server miscommunication.

By the way, has anyone been able to tackle a Class XII station yet?

6. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Sorry I have encountered this problem before, just lumped it in with the scanner bug, since it is when you first spot an enemy if you happen to be going through debris.

As far as class XII stations, do you mean Vesuvius Class? If so I have tried it but unsuccessfully. One ship on its own is either to weak in fire powe or to slow to remove itself from all the Omni weapons' range.

-The Vesuvius class is class X defense platform. More curious to see you and Xeen try tag teaming a Himjei class XI or higher station. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2017
  7. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

LOL, it could happen, or if someone else wants to, let me know.

For craps and giggles I just tried Vesuvius defense platform again, I can make headway against it with upgraded firestorm but if I miss one shot it ruins 3 turns of gains. Too slim a margin to go with. Pretty much the same with greatwing. Will need help.

Edit: Finally found one I could get with my Nova. I did get acknowledgment in the statistics for 1 station, but because(I guess) it was surrounded territory I did not get a combat mission for destroying it.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Tell ya what, rig up my account with a max upgraded Nova and I'll evaluate station combat for you :p The Nova I is the best station-assault ship Gen has, hands down. The only ship with enough firepower and movement along with marginal damage sustain (weak shields).

Kinda tired of grinding that out each iteration.

I'll try to solo it first to avoid having to give away my techniques, but people are going to learn them sooner or later, lol.

Since when were there missions for destroying enemy stations??

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  9. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Superior ability breeds superior ambition.

Is there an issue with the leaderboard? I had seen Kahless at 22nd then 17th, now he is nowhere to be found.

-There's still fixes needed on the Leaderboard, tonight's update might correct it -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2017
  10. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

(Yesterday)So I ran into the "something else" bug again, only worse this time. Normally when you encounter it, you are just stuck that turn and next turn everything is good. This time I could no longer get any weapons to fire at the ship I shared the space with.

Today. I experienced the explosion-no repair bug again.

-These bugs need to be squashed by launch for sure. Any info/data you pull out of your circumstances there will be helpful. -Vesuvius

11. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

I recommend some tutorial pop-ups on the main shipyard screen, especially if there's going to be media and new players flowing in next month. Eg. pointing to the top menu bar explaining them, pointing to the officer section etc...

-A good idea, I will have the programmers add a few more things, I'll build a comp. -Vesuvius

12. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Repair explosion bug is easy. When destroying an enemy and you take damage from the explosion, if that is the last ship and you are waiting for another to warp in, then most times the damage you take is not repairable. Until you are damaged by weapon fire(next ship), then every thing is good. If there are other enemy ships on the map then this doesn't occur, also it seems if weapons or systems are damaged they ARE repairable immediately.

-That is a ticket that I've actually resubmitted recently. I've seen it happen many times and it was supposedly fixed, but definitely has returned -Vesuvius

As far as the debris/scan/stuck bug my earlier screenshots tell the story, even though my ship is visually where you see it and that is where I wanted to go, the computer has me "stuck" at the ship debris 4 spaces aft of my ship. Look at red firing arc on first shot of post#344, if you see the arc is NOT directly in front of me but in the aforementioned ship debris. Hopefully I will remember to get you video or more shots later.

13. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Just fought one of the defense/sensor platforms, might check the stats on it. It was easier to take down than I thought I remembered.

-If it was the Greenland monitoring station, it is very weak, with only a small set of weapons. -Vesuvius

Also will the plus hotkey be fixed anytime soon?
    -Problem with the hotkey situation with weapons beyond 10 units, it will probably be delayed -Vesuvius

Still getting delayed warp in cut scenes.
    (you mean the NPC ship interference?) -Vesuvius

14. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Nice clean leaderboard. I am assuming that events will be contests, tournaments, etc.?

-Yes, and announcements for game updates/fixes as well -Vesuvius

Oh, by the way, I have lost a couple of repair ships during battle but no ships lost on my stats.

-Will report this. -Vesuvius

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

Updates 10/24/2017!
    • An events section has been added to the Spacedock. This is where any event announcements or general game news will be posted.
    • The Crew Killed statistic now includes enemy crew killed by marine pods.
    • The AI will now properly deallocate all power the first allocation phase after the player disconnects from the game to maximize movement and initiative to leave.
    • Fixed an issue where the AI would not automatically end its turn if the player disconnected during another player’s turn.
    • The Captain’s Profile will now display the regions captured and regions defended statistics.
    • Fixed an issue where a weapon would counterfire an enemy’s counterfire even when it had already been used that round.
    • Counterfire marine pods will now correctly honor firing arcs.
    • Made several adjustments to the leaderboard to address spacing and text length issues.
    • Destroyed ships will remain on the ship select carousel with a red X for 30 seconds upon first loading into the spacedock after their destruction.
    • The Spacedock will now more reliably refresh to have the player’s current inventory.
    • Space Stations and Defense platforms scanners will now evenly clear fog of war in all directions.
    • Structures will no longer receive damage from terrain effects.

16. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

As far as warp cut scene delay, I was talking about when allies or enemies warp in, there is a one turn delay after they wasp in before you see the cut scene. It is not a game play problem, just a visual one. I haven't seen NPC's warp in for a while, so that is good.

-That turn delay issue should have been fixed (was an annoying bug a few months back). I tried some fighting in a sector just now but didn't see the warp in delay. I hope its not back again -Vesuvius

I was wrong, sometimes the explode/repair bug does keep you from repairing weapons. Just had it happen to me.

-Yes, that is a bug fix I'm waiting for. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2017
  17. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Just got to watching really close and slaughter doesn't work correctly. I am talking about the captain skill not the marine officer. No extra xp for weapon hit crew kills only marine pod crew kills.

Power allocation is off some as well. Seems like sometimes with full helm maneuvering you get shorted one(mostly) or more movement points. For example my move/ initiative is the same since I have no initiative upgrades, when I finish allocation HUD says 18/18, when my turn comes around I have 17 move/18 initiative.

Also I realize this is a known one, but I will bring it up again. Rally offensive is only giving move bonus, no damage or accuracy.

-I'm definitely pushing this, as well as slaughter skill fixes, though weapon hit crew kills is getting passed on, and only marine pod kills will be giving XP. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2017
  18. Vesuvius_SWIE

From the programmer on the explosion/damage bug:

"So I spent some time looking into this and I'm not 100% sure I know what's going on but I do have a theory. While testing, I noticed that during the free-flight period between clearing the area and a new reinforcement arriving, the auto-repair kicked in and the client correctly updated the hull points. However, it seemed like occasionally (usually just before the reinforcement arrives), at least one of these updates didn't get processed correctly. For example, if one of your systems is damaged, but the auto-repair fixes it and the client doesn't process the status update for some reason, then the next time you enter allocation, the client will still think its damaged and when you try to repair it, the server will consume the repair point but will not fix the system, since it isn't actually damaged anymore.

This probably doesn't explain everything you're seeing but I do believe it's at least contributing to the problem. I have to pin down exactly what's happening just before the reinforcement arrives but there may be some things I can do on the server to help with this a little bit. I can potentially send a system status update when repairing a system, even if its status doesn't change. I could also make sure I don't consume repair points if nothing is repaired. I'll continue looking into this and will also probably get brandon involved to look for more reproduction cases."

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    AmishJoe likes this.
  19. Vesuvius_SWIE

Another fix, regarding the engine boost not being seen by the opponent, programmer response:

"This was a complex one with a lot of different things happening all at the same time. Attributes being passed in the EnterMapMessage weren't being applied if the ship wasn't loaded in the cache (though moments later, the ship is requested and fulfilled), then when the ship DID exist, the message handler was only editing the local copy of the ship and not the ship that exists in the grid controller (the one we grab on hover over events and the such) – I also cleaned up some code within the process, hopefully speeding this up a bit (previous code was checking every ship in the map, and all of the systems attached to that ship-- not terrible when there are say, 3 ships. But this piles up) I'm sure this was the cause of some other things happening. Glad it's addressed. We should keep an eye out on this one, however."

20. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Ok, so here is a new one. It involves firing weapons, line of sight, and probably scanners. Screenshot shows it all, I am unable to fire at my present location. What's up with that. I have seen something similar with just the scanner before, always at ranges longer than I could fire.

20171028203642_1.jpg

I saved this image which is useful for reference on this kind of hex trace bug. Its definitely a bug that needs to be squished before launch. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.