*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS V ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

here is the agile flyer shot
    20171014172303_1.jpg

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Good find, reporting bug now.
    power.jpg

3. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Accuracy just encountered today. (Greatwing +5% accuracy)During one turn 1 missile 73% miss, 3 lasers 88.odd% miss, one laser hit. Next battle/next sector. all five hit with 23.4% missile, 53.odd% laser. Bad roll, good roll??

Another Bug that can easily be reproduced. Take any Genari ship with lots of marine pods, more than 4. During your turn use all pods and weapons then while the animations are still running, move(movement points will go down). Then after moving and animations are still going, try to turn(use keys, movement points down again). You will turn in place where you are(firing point) at and when you get to where you have moved the ship will not face where it should.

-I will test this out and try reproducing it too before reporting it to the programmers. -Vesuvius

One that works, I think. In a battle with my greatwing and marine transport along for resupply, it got to hot for the transport and I told it to warp out. When it did my side lost 5 capture points.

-When a ship warps out to escape, it also counts as loss of capture points, though less, it should have been 1 capture point according to the table. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2017
  4. Vesuvius_SWIE

This is the capture point value table, if anything deviates from this, it needs to be fixed. Take note that 'routing' as in player warping out/escaping points are only for attacking ships (gives defenders a slight edge)

capture.gif

5. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Sector s-1916, planets in shadow.
    I just checked my capt. statistics and it is not showing any station kills for me. I know that I have killed at least 4 etna and 2 Vesuvius, and 2 of the others in between(Greenland maybe).
    -Good to know, that means its only reporting the spawning megastations, not the smaller ones which it should. Will send a report -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2017
  6. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

My little request is to have a key or tutorial showing what the yellow and red flashing lightning bolts mean on the galaxy map.

7. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

So it seems as though the scanner bug works in reverse as well. I scanned a nd spotted a Baltimore, moved closer to what should have been out of sight, ended turn and cut scanners off. Next turn hexes were lighter, however I could see the ship still. It stayed in sight until I moved out of scan range to fight another ship.

-I've seen enemy AI get confused, not see me right in front of me -- I think it indeed works in reverse. The programmer on the client side finally found the problem and fixed it, so it might reflect on the Tuesday evening update. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
  8. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Saw a old one pop up again. Just playing against Camad, me agile flyer , him orchis 3. He got 2 counter fire for my pods.

Later: Finally got my NOVA! Small issue with it, the last missile is supposed to be hotkeyed for p, however I could not get any key to work to power it down or up.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  9. Vesuvius_SWIE

So you're saying the same beam weapon fired twice on two separate marine pods? -Vesuvius

10. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Yes
    Also have seen counter fire work after the weapon has been fired during combat. To my advantage. Xeen saw it happen to him with me in a orchis(with plasma), he was in a nova I think. I fired my beam during combat, he fired at me during his turn, my ship countered.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Its an important bug to fix then, as it is a possible exploit. Will report.

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

New update!
    Two very important ones: Leaderboard feature is now up, and the disconnect feature has been implemented.
    Also, very important bug fix, with what was called the 'scanner bug'.

General
    • Fixed an issue with detection where enemy ships would appear as visible or invisible in incorrect situations.
    • The game version watermark in the lower right corner has been updated to now say “Space Wars Beta”.
    • The leaderboards on the captain’s page has been implemented. This will display the top 50 total players based on overall XP. The top 10 players will also have their Captain's rank icon displayed.
    • It is no longer possible to select a unowned ship from the shipyard and attempt to launch into galaxy.
    • Game servers will now be named after nebulas within the galaxy instead of being called Test.
    • The Statistics, Medals, and Leaderboard are now accessible from the Simulation, Captain, and Spacedock pages.
    • The Shipyard now has text to indicate which of the buttons unlocks or purchases a ship.
    • The drop down selection for ship roles on the Shipyard has been replaced with hexagon shaped toggle buttons.
    Captain Profile
    • The Captain Profile will now correctly display the number of space stations destroyed.
    • The Captain Profile will no longer use abbreviations and will now say Leadership Points or Honor Points.
    • Hit percentage is now shown on the Captain Profile.
    • Reorder the stats on the Captain Profile.
    Disconnect AI Ship Takeover
    • When players disconnect from the game while commanding a ship in a map the AI will now take over their ship and attempt to leave the map as soon as possible. This feature is to prevent players from disconnecting to save their ships. Now players really need to think about when to retreat to preserve their ship. When players reconnect/load into the the Spacedock the ship will not become available until it has successfully left the map.

AmishJoe likes this.
  13. Vesuvius_SWIE

Directly from the programmer on the scanner bug:
    "Lots of different things happened here to contribute to this bug, but to keep it in short, the action to reveal the ship is now being scheduled within the spline, letting the reveal appear more naturally. Reveal/unreveal is not perfect yet, the spline is on a curve of when items get expressed, but the reveal/unreveal time is constant, so if we want to tweak it later, we'll have to revisit it. For now, it serves."
    Keep me posted on if you guys ever see it happen again. I'll be playing/looking for it as well.

AmishJoe likes this.
  14. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

Picture1.jpg

Something funky going on at 12.

15. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Same here obi. Also on mine rank 19 is blurred as well. Nice to see all these names up there, hope to encounter a few more in battle. Qapla'

Nice to fight some AI Yamato's, the cap must have been lifted.

16. SirElric

SirElric Member

I'm ranked 31st on there :)

AmishJoe likes this.
  17. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Just found a new bug. Marine expansion is not working correctly. I have level 5, so I should be doing 10-15 crew kills, correct? just launched and killed 3.

-There is still some fixes needed with Marines, but no, crew kills would be still rolled with a chance of no success per marine. So its now 10-15 marines with a success chance, instead of 1-10. You just have bad luck lol. -Vesuvius

Sectors S-2216 and S-1620, planets in shadow.
    -The shadow regions will be fixed (lightgasring skybox) all together by the artist at some point -Vesuvius

Like the accuracy info.
    Showing me at 86%. Since well over 95% of the time I fire from 95% range and taking into account the times I have fought an Exeter (85% max accuracy). My accuracy should be around 90-91%. Figuring out the nova, like it better than I did. Getting at least one miss almost every salvo sometimes 2 or 3. My accuracy was 87% before I purchased it, lol.

-You just have the bad luck bug, I think you need to move from where you live, then play in the new residence, that should fix the problem :p -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2017
  18. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

LOL, I think it is me or where I live or something. I will get over it, I guess.

Had a weird thing happen just now, twice(two turns) during allocation, I was in the middle of redistributing power and my power settings reverted back to the last turn. I did had time to fix them again, just barely. I sorta felt like Deja vu in the matrix, lol. It was like the screen hiccupped. Again it could be my residence.

On the good side the scanner bug seems fixed, fingers crossed.

Plus key for nova is not working for that last missile.
    Here are a couple of visual bugs, wrong values on weapons.
    20171018211915_1.jpg 20171018211926_1.jpg

19. Vesuvius_SWIE

The weapon damage info is very strange, essentially its saying it is doing double damage. But is it because of a skill you have? I'm assuming when the weapon actually fires, it does not do that damage.

20. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

The info is wrong. The weapon does the correct amount of damage. I no longer use overload so standard damage plus 2 for boosts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.