*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS V ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

No I have had 95% miss problems with sol and genari both. with me using everything from montana 3 to a first honor 2. My primitive calculations say it is 85-90%. the montana is the perfect case, 5 weapons, so every two rounds makes ten percent. should only miss one every two salvos. I realize that that is in an ideal world. but over the course of 100+ battles the numbers should even out, at least IMO.

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

You'll see significant changes in Genari hull stats on the next update.

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

At 95%, you should miss on average 1 in 20 shots.

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

More hull is only temporary staying power. Not sustainable, unless you have something else planned that I don't know about.

5. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

exactly, in theory. however I have been missing 1 out of 9-16.

6. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

how much repair do the stations have now?? wondering what it will take to whittle them down.

7. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

I believe smaller stations have six light repair bays doing 2 repairs each, totaling 12.
    Medium stations double that, and the biggest stations four times that.

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

New update!
    • Many ships have been rebalanced with a new defense formula. Changes include purchase rating, crew, system changes, and ship skills.

Minor fixes
    • Tutorial pop ups have been added to the galaxy map indicating players should go to borders to meet enemies
    • Hull, crew, and engine bars are no longer interactable when they take damage
    • Intermission music no longer plays over the intro/outro music
    • NPC ships are now correctly located on axis, allowing players to zoom in on ship
    • Galaxy map now shows HP instead of LP when playing as Genari
    • All officer skills now honor the officer level instead of the level of the captain
    • Addressed an old bug that resurfaced where weapons in the tutorials could incorrectly be powered up
    • Players can now change their captain portrait (including access to premium portraits) for 100 credits
    • Sol logo during intro cinematic is no longer mirrored
    • New missions will no longer appear once a player has passed 3000xp
    • Repair phase automatically ends/skips if the hull and all systems are repaired
    • Captain respecs no longer cause repurchased captain skills to sometimes generate an invalid skill error
    • Enter Galaxy button will now always be intractable unless an invalid ship is selected
    • Fixed a bug that was causing far more NPC ships than intended to enter some maps
    • Experience gains for damage/kills have been adjusted (25% for bots, 50% for players)
    • Temporarily, new accounts will automatically receive 1000 credits to help with testing
    • Starting LP/HP for new captains has been reduced to 220

9. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

S-2420 didn't get the memo that NPC's should not warp in after combat begins.

WOW! Guess there is now no alternative except teamwork to take down a station. Which means ain't any going down, lol.

And no xp for kills, less than 200 for a class 6

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

"All officer skills now honor the officer level instead of the level of the captain" .. ?

Dang, guess I should have played and got XP when I could. That Gen victory is getting farther and farther off :p

I would need at least 60 hours to win the game, but I've been having fun playing PoE with my gf and life is keeping me very busy ><

-Dog exploits weak spot in fence, had to play handyman for a day dismantling, reinforcing, and replacing the 2x4's and planks
    -Idle pulley on truck decides to disintegrate, luckily just as I was about to leave my neighborhood (losing power steering and the water pump could have been much worse if I was somewhere else), had fun replacing that and tensioning the belt with the few tools I had.
    -Comcast is a bunch of idiots, Indian call center CSR's are about as useful as a cup that's open on both ends.
    -Got a couple of minor plumbing leaks at the house that need attention still
    -Certain people, who never read this forum so I'm not worried about them reading this :p, have been bugging me to help them shop for a car and then forget to bring their driver's license with them when I spend one of my vacation days ><

Ain't nothin' but time and money flying out left and right!

I'd like a second job if I could somehow find an interesting one that fits my existing schedule... not likely around these parts.

Anywho, Stations have about 20 shield points per surface and repair 48 per round, 68 damage sustain.
    A Nova can reliably dish out ~100 dmg/roud.

2 people could do much better.

At about 500 HP, it will take 20 rounds or so to down a station (Assuming you have to spend a few rounds here and there dealing with AI)

Sustaining the damage the stations can do as a Gen, that's what has me worried.

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Regarding NPC's, if there's a pattern of them coming in when you're deep in enemy territory, keep me posted on it.
    If there are no XP for kills, then there's a new bug on the latest update.

edit: confirmed, NPC ships are warping in all the time, when they shouldn't be.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  12. MLocke

MLocke Member

Also remove NPC ships from the transit phase please, and even from the galaxy sector statistics. It makes it look like there's a lot of ships defending the area.

-Will be fixed on the next update -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017
  13. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Besides the s-2420, s-1412 right on the border also had a bunch of "gnats" flying in and out. No xp, minor capture points. However I captures s-2419 earlier with no issues. I will continue my assault.

I just went to shipyard, happy to see with xp reductions, ship prices went down as well.

Greatwing II has 5 for offensive rating.

-Fixed it, will reflect on the next update -Vesuvius

Further question. Will the experience levels be adjusted comparably to the newer ship prices, I am going to have money for my next ship 100,000 points before I get my next capt, upgrade. With the new numbers 100,000 points would be impossible(almost) to achieve.
    -I haven't adjusted the Captain's level requirements yet, but wouldn't it need to be increased, not decreased? -Vesuvius

How about a buyback of ships. I find as I move up I don't use some lower level ships any more. When it goes live I would be willing to use credits to get my points back to help buy a ship on up the line.
    -The Genari have a decent method on that one Honorable Death lol. But no plans for a buyback system for now -Vesuvius

14. NightWolf

NightWolf Member

I also have a request, the marine pod support ship should give more than 1 marine pod per docking. Maybe 2 at least?

-It will be changed to 3/round -Vesuvius

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

lol, it only recharges 1 pod/round?

smh @ marine pods. One day, one day...

16. Vesuvius_SWIE

It may seem amusing, but since a crew heal is 1% per repair point, just two or three marine pods can be nasty vs. corvettes/frigates.

17. Vesuvius_SWIE

Some NPC ship fixes that popped up on the last update, now its a lot more streamlined :
    • Fixed a bug where repair bays (via support ships and space
      stations) were not giving needed repair points to adjacent ships
    • Support ships will now give repair points as needed
    • Etna defense station will now show its correct asset instead of
      the placeholder
    • NPC ships will no longer be reported in the sector detail panel
    • NPC ships will not enter sectors with enemy ships present
      regardless of faction control
    • The number of NPC ships in sectors without space docks has been
      lowered to 2

18. Kahless

Kahless Member

I think XP is even better with marines now because the value of the ships are lower, and the XP for crew kills is the same as before, so the XP is better in proportion to the ship costs if you know what I mean?

-Indeed, that is a good plus for Genari -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2017
  19. CpZen

CpZen Member

I ended up capturing a lot of home regions taken by Genari. There weren't any AI defenders, managed to rake in a lot of XP. Is it a bug that there wasn't any Genari AI defenders or something else?

-AI defenders can't come into an area that is 'closed' up or surrounded by enemy tiles, ie. reinforcements can't come through -Vesuvius

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

How do you get XP if there are no defenders?

-Region capture XP bonuses.
    Region capture point value x2 = region capture XP point bonus. -Vesuvius

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.