Warship Discussion!

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by BlueMaro, Feb 19, 2017.

1. gegener

gegener Member

going to switch faction***

2. Apex Predator

Apex Predator New Member

Guess you're the master lol. Good job!

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I've just been informed that one of the anomalies I haven't investigated yet could potentially be additional space stations (looking at linked hexes on the overview map, wondering what the groups of grey tiles meant.

I was bound to run into them in my conquest of the known universe :p, but alas, I've been asked not to exterminate the Genari (even though the XIII base was already destroyed, the game continues).

-Have you ever used the scroll wheel on a galaxy map? You can zoom in on the spawn regions, and you'll notice multiple planets. I'm sure its buggy right now, but you're supposed to fight the outermost planet, to eventually get to the innermost one -- so your attack on Saneth shouldn't have happened until you took out Golshan and Logha. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2017
  4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Yeah, I'd recommend against being "that guy".

Especially since the stations aren't firing back properly, I would avoid abusing that.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

They do fire on all faces and can still be beaten from any side ^^

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

emphasis added

-Yes please Xeen, avoid destroying any more spawn stations. With Gedden out for a while, there is no way to reset the map, and I'd rather avoid resetting for another week or so until a few more bugs with capturing are eliminated. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2017
    Vesuvius_SWIE likes this.
  7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

The only improper firing I know is supposedly the rear has just as many guns as either side or front and isn't always using all of them.

I prefer to attack from the side to avoid engine/power damage and allocation phase issues lol.

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Like I told Xeen, the stations aren't meant to be left defenseless, they are support -- players would be rushing in to defend in a real life situation. Even with a Colossus attacking a station, all you'd need is two Heavy Cruisers, or three Light Cruisers to start giving him hell on a station defense map. Good thing there are secondary planets on these spawn points, so players can still come in.

NEW BUG CONFIRMED: When a spawn station is destroyed, a player who would normally be docked there since he left the server, would come back to a rolling wait icon, and would never be able to get back into the game again. You're supposed to be able to pick a different spawn point then. Also, as a new character, it seems that the spawn points are still choosable when you start your game, but when you click on it, it will not respond.

-That is why Gegener wasn't able to log in.

9. gegener

gegener Member

this is sure for the log in on the shypyard (second bug in my list) the first bug was : why i am in queue and cant enter the map? it was befor the spawn station destroy.

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I don't think I had begun taking out stations when geg first had this problem~?

Definitely a problem though either way.

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Mendi III is terribly weak for firepower now.

Suggest shipyard website uses a data pull from actual game files to populate information listed. It is not accurate.

12. Nickman77

Nickman77 Member

My experience so far has been mostly with Genari ships. I've tried practically every tier3 corvette, and I still haven't found my favorite. They all seem to have something I like about them. I tend to gravitate towards the Agile Flyer, because it can come in fast, deal a lot of damage, and leave, but I like the hardiness of the Honor Bound. The Star Warrior takes some getting used to, but if you can get lucky with all its weapons and hit something without missing, it can be nasty.

13. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Got to sink my teeth into the game for real today. Genari FTW. I like the ship designs, it gives them a very rustic but battle-hardened feel. I've tried out the Agile Flyer and the Honor Bound, I think the Agile Flyer is superior, but I haven't tried all the variants to see what best fits my playstyle. I'm looking forward to playing vs others.

14. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

So I have found that I like sol destroyers more and hate light cruisers, and like the genari victory light cruiser pretty well, thought about the fast destroyer interdictor 3 but I had the points for victory 3. I know xeen has been using interdictor 3 I think. pros and cons?

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I3 for the price is just great. It has a damage output that rivals the Montana 3 at 1/6th the price. It's a good all arounder and has a balanced set of hardware. Not that great in any one department, but for the price and a Class V, it's great.

16. Sarah

Sarah New Member

I like the armour upgrades on the Genari ships. Trying out the Battalion Defense Frigate which holds its own pretty well against Sol frigates.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

More hull points are great vs burst damage/focused fire, but that does nothing to improve the staying power of the Gen faction in long fights.

It just means Gen can take more punishment before their ability to sustain damage falls behind, unlike Sol, which can mitigate damage via repairs exactly the same as Gen (even though hull points vary greatly) while having superior shielding.

18. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Taking down the engines on an Exeter before destroying it!
    20171016213318_1.jpg

19. lefty

lefty Member

-Battalion Frigate: My first go-to frigate when I can afford it. Only ship with proper shields. And yeah they matter!
    -Victory Light Cruiser: Three powerful missiles, saving energy for mov or shields. You come in fast and launch those things in point blank range
    -Agile Flyer: The other two corvettes are fine, but agile flyer just seems faster than the rest, and its firepower is just as good, or better.

20. Kennethnecex

Kennethnecex Active Member