Battle Royale in Spacewars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TommyBZ, Dec 4, 2016.

1. TommyBZ

TommyBZ New Member

Was wondering about things I've read in some of the Spacewars articles/previews that there's going to be battle royale events in-game too. Was wondering more about it, and if there's a certain scheduling behind it. I'm thinking that its a bunch of players fighting it out to the death, and how does that work with the MMO and everything.

2. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

I'm excited about this too. Also tournaments if Vesuvius plans any.

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Somehow I missed this thread -- so yes indeed, there would be scheduled events where people play on battle royale. Usually it will be 6-10 individuals who queue up, and fight to the death. Your own ship isn't used -- you select from a roster of ships and go into an instanced battle. The winner gets XP and a medal.
    Scheduling would be given in advance, and every time one battle royale is filled on the schedule, another opens up (so eg. Battle Royale on 2pm EST on Thursday, 35 people join, they are split up into 4-5 individual battle royales.

4. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

Vesuvius, any chance for player-organized "private" Battle Royales, without rewards ofc? I think it would be an awesome community/guild activity.

5. TommyBZ

TommyBZ New Member

That's good, so the scheduling would be several different times/days and announced in advance, I hope some in my playtimes.

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

That might be a possibility in the future, though guild tournaments are a priority first to adopt in the beta once guilds are established.

SPiEkY and Potkeny like this.
  7. Nickman77

Nickman77 Member

So 6-10 player FFA, last man standing. Base officers or upgraded ones?

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Battle Royales would be the base ship; usually set up where all players start with an equal class of ship (eg. Class IV Frigates)

9. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

I'll be interested in participating in battle royales as well. (especially on an even playing field)

10. SirElric

SirElric Member

Will the battle royale be available in the March release?

11. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

Anyone playing for battle royale around 5-6am EST?

12. Jmp2x

Jmp2x Member

I'm sometimes around at that time. Just chat message me.

13. CpZen

CpZen Member

I'm available on weekdays 4a-6am EST.

14. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

GG Kahless and the other fellow who joined up, I forgot his name. I can see a lot of potential when its live players and not AI, and when its more than 1 on 1. The game gets more exciting the more ppl that join. Hope to see you for another round Kahless, I'll be Sol again.

15. CpZen

CpZen Member

I keep missing you guys lol

16. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

I'm online quite a bit, if I see anyone log on through the in-game chat, I'll message them to see if they want a battle royale game and leave the main universe area.

17. TommyBZ

TommyBZ New Member

Only ran into a few of people for battle royale, would be nice to have more than 3 sometime. I guess I have to wait until early access beta and the floodgates of players come in.

18. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I just noticed that the predator is not available in battle royale.

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

We've seen my theories come to life in live skirmishes that were no longer 1v1. I played fleet admiral for a crew of 3 human corvettes vs a couple AI corvettes and a Human Frigate. The frigate, though superior in every way, was downed while ignoring the corvettes. We lose starter ships with no upgrades (one rookie was shot down, still learning the ropes, I went in close for 95% shots to ensure a kill knowing the reactor would get me), but the frigate was something much more valuable, at least at this point in the game.

20. CpZen

CpZen Member

Had another fun one with a new player, I also helped train him a bit. Would like to see more players try battle royale. We did cruiser vs cruiser.