*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS II ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

That note about weapon accuracy should be more along the lines of 'now correctly using the median range between 1 and max instead of half of the maximum range', which was adversely affecting any weapon with an even numbered max range.

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

zone only has 40 CP hmmm?

3. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

SO HOW IS IT THAT XEEN HAS AN AGILE FLYER IV AND ONE SHOT KILLED ME AND AN AI ON THE SAME TURN WITH OVER 10 DAMAGE PER SHOT??????????

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Over 20 seconds to watch myself use only HALF of my movement points in one single shot (not counting plotting a course, just the actual travel time).

@Vesuvius_SWIE NOT COOL!

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I don't want to teach, you may be my opponent in the future :) Maybe you missed something. Ok, you definitely missed something.

Haven't you read me going on and on about certain corvettes and tactics being the most OP thing in the game?

I made a few mistakes in my estimates, but I've been correcting those :p (for my own intel!)

6. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

beam2.jpg
    there's a data table on the weapons section on the forum that shows it

7. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

nice to see the drones firing now.

8. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

He probably has his tactical officer at level 10 with with damage boost 2 and overload.

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

ooo, a contender armed with theoretical and practical knowledge! Or perhaps a powerful ally :)

I'll have to look for those weapons then. Apparently they are not designated as 'heavy' in the shipyard component list, rather they are all simply listed as 'laser' weapons.

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yep, there's the problem:

All weapons are simply listed as 'Laser Beam' when viewed at the shipyard. You can see max power charges -NOT THE MAX COST TO FULLY POWER-, types of weapons, marine pods if applicable, shields, missiles, scanners etc. You only get the detailed information about a ship by going to the website and looking up the information about specific components and then cross referencing with a performance table. For example, Guardian II has 'Laser Beam' weapons, looking at the website shipyard, you find that they are HLB's (Heavy Laser Beams), and no where else but a hidden from view table (forum only) tells you what that entails.
    -That is an easy fix, but also the coding HLB-*** represents that type of weapon once you know the spacewars lingo. -Vesuvius

This is something I touched on before with comments about how there is a difference in the quantity, quality, and format of information between the in-game shipyard and the website shipyard. You have to navigate both AND look up tables to really know the ship!
    -I plan to have an in-game 'wiki' for the game eventually, so its more a programmer thing to get these detailed stats in. Once again, I remind that there's hordes of features I want that aren't in play yet. -Vesuvius

I'm very much for comprehensive in-game resources/information. Never was a fan of having to go to the main or 3rd party websites to look things up, but that seems to happen all the time ><

Thanks for the info. Careful what you feed me, I might be your enemy one day!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Suggestions:

Need a way to scrap a ship or a crew and redo them without spending money. For now, I'm just suiciding ships to get rid of them to respec. Of course, that will change when 50 missions/battles are required to max a crew... or maybe not :p

AND/OR

We need to be able to own multiple copies of the same ship with unique (possibly identical to others though) crew!

Officers kinda need to be treated more like plug and play equipment within a given class for that though. I suspect that the current system has the above option locked out until revision.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  12. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Right now because all the skills aren't bug-free yet, I've let the officer skills made easily upgradable without the prerequisites so they all can be easily tested. It won't be easy for a player like xeen to have such superupgrades so quickly in the future. It's not just the 'sortie' requirements that a ship has to rack up, but there's also a limit of one promotion of an officer per day. So there's a time requirement as well.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

That sounds absolutely awful! The real-time limiter.

-I think it sounds absolutely wonderful! Its called real-time abuse limiter. -Vesuvius

Will definitely need to be able to own a whole line of ships [Edit: including multiple of the same ship] and play them all in parallel, upgrading each one once per day.... that borders on the asinine imo.

So A Gen Tac officer takes 10 days to max but Sol officers are all 5 days?

-I hope it takes a lot more than 5-10 days to get that many 'sorties' unless you plan to play all 24 hours of a day... -Vesuvius

Fine by me, Sol are superior anyway :p

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE

We need to have a conditional check for accuracy at 1 hex to be set to 95 if it is <95 or allow it to be what it will be if >95. It does actually bring you DOWN in some cases.

-That's a minor bug fix that we can report to Justin when he's over the hurdle of the more major fixes. -Vesuvius

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Something is wrong with initiative modifiers. I keep ending up with 71 init regardless of power allocation. I should only get +7, but I'm getting way more.

Hmm, changed that time 87 init now.

-I wonder if it has something to do with the other skills having a multiplier effect (bug)? -Vesuvius

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I was trying to figure that out.

I might run 20 power to 40 movement/init which then becomes 64 movement.

Should have +5 init from tac and +2 from the ship for 47 total.

I was wondering if somehow some init bonuses were being multiplied like the power:move and then added in afterwards again instead of only being added after all multiplication is done. Something along the lines of an 'order of operations' error.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

OH, I suppose that accuracy check should be for any range. I noticed some other weird things going on like how I mentioned I could be at 96% from 4 to 7 hex (no apparent variance) but 1-3 was all 95% (again, all appeared exactly as 95).

I'll probably average 10 hours a day playing when it goes live :p

50 sorties isn't a big deal, though it does depend on how a 'sortie' is defined and qualified.

If it's just participate in (and survive) 50 'battles', that's pretty easy. I can get 25 quick battles in a single sector capture. Now if it's go out, do something, earn some XP, and then return to base, that's annoying but would take longer. Capturing a sector being the defining point, that would take awhile.

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

What is this real-time abuse you speak of !

19. Vesuvius_SWIE

:D:p

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

New build went up this weekend with more updates:

MOST IMPORTANT being that now the mission/time requirement is set in officer skill upgrades, and marine pods now cost only 1 power to arm.

Take note:
    In this build all the activated Captain skills are disabled for use in combat. Skill points can still be applied to these abilities.

General Changes
    • Unopposed Sol players in a Genari sectors will now be interdicted by Genari Warships of a comparable class.
    • The power requirement for Marine Pods has been reduced to 1 power charge.
    • Resolved an issue with Elite not being properly displayed as the next rank above the promote button.
    • In Galaxy Conquest the player faction limit permap will now be determined by the size of the map.
    • When in Freeflight the ship’s Hull, Crew, Engines, Movement, Initiative, and Scanners will now be shown.
    • When in Freeflight the repair button will no longer be shown due to the ship automatically repairing over time.
    • The Tactical Officer Skill (Genari Overload) will now be properly displayed instead of (Sol Overload).
    • Officer activated skills once used now require the player to return to a station for them to be usable in battle again.
    Officer Changes
    • Officer promotion is now subject to a battle count requirement based on their rank.
    • Only one officer per ship can be promoted within a 24 hour period.
    • The Promote button will now be disabled if the player doesn't have enough LP.

CpZen and SPiEkY like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.