*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS II ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklord48

darklord48 Member

If long thin attack vectors are a problem it would also be possible to make it so only systems with two adjacent allied systems can be attacked.

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I'd rather the game world be more dynamic based on player actions rather than have hard rules like that ><

But you see what I can do in only a day (granted little opposition, beta, values being adjusted, etc.) with line drives.

3. gegener

gegener Member

just come back from my week end and i see the beam weapon doesnt make more than 1 dmg at full power ... (and i dont take more than 1 dmg at close ^^)
    its so good to try the minim and maxi of the skill for pod marines :p

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I noticed a couple days ago that attacking hive Class VIII ships only gave what appeared to be 4 xp per hit (1 damage worth?) and they could do no damage to me. I thought it was a Hive specific sort of bug. Now I need to go check other targets.

It appears there was an update. A patch log would be nice :p

Apparently I updated my home client and didn't even notice a few days ago. My connection at work is weak, so it actually took a few seconds.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Apex Predator likes this.
  5. gegener

gegener Member

i think its you at G 1401 but cant enter your map... loading, loading and crap i exit and retry loading loading

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yes, that was me testing a few things. I noticed some changes over the weekend. Not sure when the update happened (no galaxy/character reset).

Scanners seem to be inoperable beyond the automatic 4 hex visible range.

Weapons seem to be doing little damage, perhaps only the range or crew bonuses + a base 1 damage is working. I landed 2 heavy plasma warheads to the rear of an unshielded honorbound and the thing was still standing and took several more beam hits! That's 20 damage and then some! No corvette has that kind of hull. I think the missiles were doing 0 damage, from what I could tell when messing with the hive ships.

Also getting invalid target bug still.

-Colossus

Those 3 bugs combined are enough to turn me away from testing. Anything I try to do would be painfully tedious, and my ability to perceive flaws in the game would be diminished.

7. gegener

gegener Member

in my point of vue this bug help me in my test.
    its not like the last bug where each other ship turn we (GENARI) loose X move point... so i wont cry

missile (with 4 dmg)are doing 1 dmg
    beam have the range bonus that work else its 1-2 dmg
    i confirm the actuall bug is about all dmg are = 1 befor other bonus like range.
    so my beam weapon with 5 level of dmg if i stay with 1 energy in this weapon or if i stack 8 energy its the same number of dommage on the other ship so ...i make 1 energi a travel the map

green ship have crew less effective in close combat versus marine and its like 2 when hum are like 3 and genrai have power 5

the balance is poor for my point of vue
    actually marine doesnt kill enouth crew to be a "bonus" and dont forget we need to bypass the feild so we need to make weapon power on
    with pod that consume 5 energy its badddd xD

8. CpZen

CpZen Member

Looks like the scanner & 0 damage weapon thing is fixed.

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Scanners do indeed appear to be working now.

Getting some other general error when attempting to fire.

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hive zones (mala too) appear to have been properly adjust as to deny capture points/territory capture. Could just be the old capture bug though.

This was an intended change for the remainder of test/development.

11. gegener

gegener Member

not really ... only looking for the phase when his faction will be in test ^^

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Vesuvius does not want us to be able to capture Mala or Hive territory for now as they are vastly incomplete races. They don't even have proper space stations.

They may be worked in for testing some time in late beta, or they may not come until after launch. I don't know that part, so what I said before may be interpreted in a misleading way.

-Hive and Ma'Alaketh borders are just so players can get a taste of those races; but it will be a while before their real systems (eg. particle beam, dampening field, plasma wave, hive beam, proboscis etc...) get implemented. So it was never meant to be invaded like that. It is also supposed to be an area that scares you off, not fight for XP grind. But that's why you testers try to break the game so we can make sure its not that way when the game launches. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
  13. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

So I'm back, and besides posting on the first page of this thread, here's an overview of all the fixes for the last two weeks. If any of these fixes are still a problem, the tickets need to be reopened by me and pushed to another fix.
    What has been Fixed according to the programmers:

• SW-920 - Can sometimes over-repair your ship to beyond full Hull
      • Added an additional check to the server that should prevent a ship's current hull points from ever going above a ship's total hull points
    • Skills
      • SW-931 - Stress Engines Bug
        • Updated the stress engines skill to round up all of the values so it should be working as described now.
    • Skirmish
      • SW-888 - Adding 5 AI opponents, only 1 AI in map or General Error
    • SW-867 - Implement Proper Siege Points Values for Release

• SW-941 - Power Boost Skill Not Working
      • Refactored the power production routines to eliminate old bugs and to add support for some new functionality.
    • Director
      • The director had undergone a major rewrite/refactor to send more challenging bot ships.

• The director will not send a ship to a sector if it will mean hitting the faction limit.

• The director will attempt to cleanup ships it sends but only if a map is only filled with bots.

• The director will attempt to remove bot if the maximum number of ships for a sector is hit.

• The director will now send ships that are above class 3.
    • Server
      • Wrote several new unit tests to cover existing and new functionality.
    • Testing
      • Testing, Exploration, & Research on Various Tickets and Related Bugs.

• Steam
      • SW-598 - Steam Achievements
    • Galaxy View/Map
      • SW-445 - Hide "Engage" Button Once Clicked

• SW-903 - Sector Doesn't Update 'Ship by Class' Data Until Re-Login

• SW-901 - Galaxy View Improvements
    • Cinematic
      • SW-828 - Intro-Outro Cinematic Hookup

• SW-886 - Text Touchups for Outro Cinematics

• SW-879 - Text Touchups for Intro Cinematics

• SW-873 - Click or Spacebar to Skip Intro

• SW-855 - Genari Intro & Outro Speech Voices/Music
    • Chat
      • SW-563 - Move Character Progress (XP, LP, Levels, etc) Messaging Out of General Chat

• SW-456 - Chat Window QOL Updates

• SW-896 - Player Name Changes to [Unknown] in Chat if they Disconnect from Game

• SW-440 - Profanity Filter is Censoring Acceptable Words
    • Combat & Allocation
      • SW-858 - New Explosion Types and Explosions Scale Based on Class

• SW-843 - Marine Pods & Missiles - Power Bar Controls Incorrectly Adjusts Power/Movement

• SW-837 - General Error when Pass Turn

• SW-808 - Repair Buttons Don't Disappear

• SW-801 - Insufficient Movement Points / General Error

• SW-726 - Weapon Details in Combat - Accuracy always 50%

• SW-906 - Shipyard Cannot Be Killed

• SW-891 - Unable to Power Off a Weapon Without Clicking and Dragging Bar Down

• SW-890 UI - Clicking Lower Half of Toggle Button No Longer Decreases Scanner power

• SW-821 - Space Stations Go to Sleep

• SW-814 - Can Only Move 1 Hex at a Time Through Terrain (ion storm, nebula, etc.)
    • SW-928 - AI ships in Missions - Invalid Target

• SW-932 - Combat Does Not End if Counter-Fire Kills Last Enemy

• SW-909 - Loss of Movement Points in Combat when Lower Initiative

• SW-827 - Predictable Spawn Points in Combat
      • Updated the code to shuffle the list of nodes before it checks eligibility.
    • SW-499 - Sector's Faction Gets Set to Null when Locked Sector is Taken Back

• SW-911 - Player Engine Damage Bug - Allocation Round
    • Marine Pods
      • SW-345 - Make Sure Marine Pods Work
    • Spacedock & Shipyard
      • SW-12 - Marine Pods in Spacedock

• SW-779 - Ship Info Bug - Genari Shipyard

• SW-835 - Respec of Captain Skill Bug

• Fixed Issue with Officer Respecs Relating to the Captain Respec Bug
    • SW-840 - Client Can't Parse Old ACHIEVEMENT Message

• SW-902 - Warp Effect on Separate Players Parents Incorrectly

• SW-900 - Hotkeys While Moving

• SW-894 - Achievements & Medals

• SW-893 - Address Server Deadlocks

• SW-833 - Leave Map - Clicking on Hexes During Warp-Out Animation Results in "Invalid Map" Errors

• SW-826 - Ship Wreckage

• SW-472 - Space Wars Forum - Add "Steam Auth & Integration" Plugin for XenForo

• SW-897 - Capture - Sector instantly goes to Protected Status After One Kill

wolf, gegener and SPiEkY like this.
  14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I'll run some checks on all the ones I can when I get some time :)

Having this list of what is supposed to be fixed and working is good stuff for us testers to go verify.

I was expecting a server reset and that nasty 'invalid' bug to be fixed along with all the changes, especially if preventing neutral race territory capture has been temporarily implemented :p

I suppose it's a good thing to not have our captains reset, allowing us to immediately test a variety of things with a ready to go fleet of ships and spare LP.

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Server resets only happen if I request it; there will be another one soon, but I'd like to see a few more fixes before that happens.

Also, I'm so close to finishing the large map, which is going to be the map that the game will be launching with. That map will be beta tested for bugs by you guys, but also every individual sector can be commented on for manipulation/changes/annoyances/improvements.

16. Kahless

Kahless Member

I wouldn't mind a server reset so we can get some territories back! Xeen u should join the genari side its more fun. :cool:

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I was asked to play Gen next go anyway :p

18. gegener

gegener Member

i still have some time the invalid target bug, when i pass turn the enemy ship teleport in his good location and make his move/fight. after i can kill it normally

-Yes, this bug seems persistent, especially when an AI warps into the region to defend. One has to wait until it moves/fires before you can touch it, and I notice it 'pops' into position when it fires on you. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
    Apex Predator likes this.
  19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Having a hard time picking out any Genari ship that I like beyond the AF IV corvette.

There were only 3 that I really liked on all of the Sol side, so I guess that's not surprising.

Would help if I could see the quantity and layout of information presented at the in-game shipyard.

What weapons, damages, ranges, and accuracies are important.

-If you need to, visit the shipyard of the mainsite http://www.spacewars.com/the-shipyard -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  20. gegener

gegener Member

it isnt strange that you cant figure power of genari ship because you never try the marines pod that give you a big advantage... or not xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.