New Member Introduction Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Junpine, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Alex

Alex New Member

I love all types of games. The games I play the most right now are War thunder and Garrys Mod. My neighbor showed me this and I thought it looked cool! I might be able to run it when I finish building my new computer. Speaking of whitch, what are the demands Or items needed to play this game?

2. AshtonBlack

AshtonBlack New Member

Greetings. Ashton Black, gamer. Glad to be here, this seems a worthy project, which I'm looking forward to. I really enjoy being at the ground level of games, when I can and have beta'd a number of the biggies. (eg, Eve, SWG and many many more). Bug finding and reporting a speciality!

3. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

Greetings! I actually played a lot of adventure games recently, but if not for these I played Heroes 3+5 and Homeworld recently. I came across this on HC and, well, since I'm a fan of sci-fi (watched lots of Star-Trek for some times and, well, as I mentioned before playing Homeworld) and also enjoyed Heroes a lot, I thought that I would have to have a closer look into this, as this seems to keep the spirit of both.

4. Poxjedi

Poxjedi New Member

Whats up everyone! I play table top BattleTech, UO & Pox. Excited about Space Wars.

SPiEkY and darklord48 like this.
  5. wolf

wolf New Member

Wolf has come!

6. Buck

Buck New Member

HOMMIII forever! Will be glad to meet old friends from Vesuvius' Tournament Of Honor!

Vesuvius_SWIE likes this.
  7. Greystole

Greystole New Member

Buck and Greystole....teammates or opponents? Big decisions to be made.

Vesuvius_SWIE likes this.
  8. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

Greetings all. I'm all about board games of the days past. And I do some wargaming like Hearts of Iron. I could never get into Pillars of Eternity (too much reading, my eyes start bugging out) and I'm into general Sci Fi.
    I'm interested in this game because of its board game roots and it looks like something that's in my pace.

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator

It is great to hear Space Wars grabbed your attention at PAX West. Were you in attendance and stopped by the booth or were you following the press coverage?

10. Senshu

Senshu Administrator

That's great to hear. The goal is to have Space Wars be very approachable, but maintain the very high level tactical strategic thinking that people love from board games.

@darklord48, @Markoth, @SPiEkY it's always good to see Pox Nora players who are interested in our next project.

Markoth, darklord48 and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Senshu

Senshu Administrator

For Myself: I am the Producer at Desert Owl Games. It has been a great pleasure to be involved on this project. Seeing the excitement for Space Wars at PAX West affirmed that this is definitely something that has been missing from the tactical gaming landscape.

Besides the games I have and am working on some of my favorites include Command & Conquer, Age of Empires, Final Fantasy Tactics, Mass Effect, SWG, SWTOR, Halo, Halo Wars, Portal, MechWarrior, MechCommander, Mario Bros., Deus Ex, The Legend of Zelda, Wing Commander, XCOM, and the list goes on.

darklord48 likes this.
  12. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Senshu, its time for you to make a dev blog :)

Good to see familiar faces at TOH come down!

darklord48 likes this.
  13. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

Games I play: Minecraft, Homeworld Remastered, Planetscape: Torment

I'm interested in trying an MMO universe where I can play on my own time and it doesn't seem like there's any push to grind.

14. September

September New Member

Hey guys-- I'm a dev on SpaceWars here at Desert Owl Games, perhaps I met some of you at PAX?

I'm in the middle of Persona 4 right now, haven't gotten around to too many other games lately.

darklord48 and SPiEkY like this.
  15. sokolov

sokolov Moderator

Hi everyone! :D

Sokolov here, the current Game Designer of PoxNora.

I like turn-based strategy and sci-fi. But really, who doesn't like starships going pew pew, right? (which is why Deep Space Nine is best Star Trek...)

wolf, Vesuvius_SWIE and SPiEkY like this.
  16. Tricky115

Tricky115 Moderator

Hello, hello. I'm one of the 3D artists for Space Wars but I've also had my hand in a lot of other art related aspects all over the project. I was also at PAX West this year so I might've met some of you.

Right now I'm mostly playing League of Legends and Overwatch.

darklord48 and Vesuvius_SWIE like this.
  17. darklord48

darklord48 Member

I want to like this, but then you say DS9 is the best Star Trek...

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Yeah, everyone knows Original Star Trek is best Star Trek.

darklord48 likes this.
  19. Meritus

Meritus New Member

Hello,
    The sci-fi kid who never grew up.
    "R Is For Rocket"

Looking forward to the game.
    Regards

20. dxr250

dxr250 New Member

Hello all!

Really looking forward for the launch !!!

The Highlander likes this.