*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS II ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gegener

gegener Member

i was kill by xeen in couter fire and i saw what happe in the next world!!!!

my ship was still in the zone still on the same place but when i try to move there was a message : invalide ship, when i try to attack there was a message : wrong ship when i try to cry a river there was a message : invalide clip

so i think IA are the same : in a parallele world where they can do nothing but wait

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Pretty cool battlefield, huge too!

I'm curious, what do each of the environmentals do.

The red is some kind of violent storm that damages hull?, bright green radiation kills crew?, what does the stuff seen here do?

Interesting Battlefield.jpg

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

It disables powering scanners while you're in it, and it's supposed to stop scanners as well (line-of-sight blockage, so to speak), but it's bugged at the moment.

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Ah, love a good sneaky map.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

So... Class X Officers are 14400 xp each to max, yikes! Or is it based on a % of the ships value?

iirc to lvl up:
    _____

x5 = 72000 to max officers + 49000 for the ship = 121000 for the whole deal! I don't have that much total Captain XP yet even... about 110k

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

To do list:

Destroy Senathi Home World Station
    Destroy all accessible Genari Space Stations
    Destroy all Genari Battle Stations
    Destroy all Genari Mine Fields
    (Except that one bugged zone)
    Conquer all Genari Territories
    Finish Crewing The Dread
    Take on The Ma'ali
    Take on The Hive

Break the game
    Have game fixed

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Yeah, I'm gonna have to ask you to not do this one. HunterKiller (@Devilgeek) did this to all the Sol areas on a previous map, and it caused my Pirate Missions to disappear. It took me taking a handful of zones and then waiting quite a while before they came back, and I'd rather not do that again if I can avoid it, plus, I'm pretty sure there's not much to learn from you doing that aside from us learning that you're "that guy".

Apex Predator likes this.
  8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

I'm frantically working on the big map, that will create a massive playing field that even Xeen will have to spend some serious time clearing. I should have the 800 remaining sectors done in about 2 weeks. It will also be the real map that will be in the maingame. There will eventually be a thread regarding regions specific in that map (what you like, don't like).

So according to the server-side programmer, he's corrected the engine damage bug. Time to test it out and see if it currently reflects on the server, or requires some client-side touch-ups.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Vesuvius_SWIE

Here u go:
    http://forums.spacewars.com/threads/environments-obstacles.47/

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Don't take all the sectors?!

But what's a guy battling for the universe supposed to do if not conquer?!

Are pirate missions really that useful? I found them to be poor XP.

c'mon it's my only remaining goal short of taking on almost impossibly tough ships from the neutral factions!

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

It's not whether they're useful or not for good xp rates. Right now it's the only real PvE option beyond Class III ships that actually gives xp at all, since the Ma'Alaketh and Hive are super-powered at the moment.

Besides, I'm not sure what you consider "good" xp, but I was pulling 4-5k/hr doing pirate missions, which isn't poor, in my opinion. Now, obviously it's not as good as cheesing the Stations, but that shouldn't be a baseline of any kind.

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

The overall aim of a server run is about 2-3 months, so my goal will be to keep the progression of XP/players to flow for that timeline. If everyone has class VII-X ships by week 3, then that means its too easy to get XP. The idea is by the end of the second month, only a few would be running around with the highest tier ships, will most will be at the destroyer/light cruiser range. Barring Ma'Alaketh/Hive abuse, XP gains are right about 2x where I want it vs AI and PVP on the test server right now. Overall, a player should not gain more than 10% XP from any ship they meet in combat. So even doing full damage/kill against a Corvette should not net more than 20-35 XP. The whole idea is that players have several dozen encounters with enemy players before ever getting close to the next tier, eg. Frigate.
    -I know that players nowadays want instant gratification, but if its not earned properly, it will make the game boring in the long run. I want every ship beyond Corvette status to be precious. I'm still at frigate level (Gorskhov), and I love it (and protect it) dearly. I'd have to do many more encounters before I could ever afford a destroyer.
    -Also, most players still fight like its a punching match. You play smart in any ship, you will never lose your ship (unless you get ganged up on, cornered, or have a misfortune with a much larger enemy).

13. gegener

gegener Member

its not true! but we cant play hit and run game cause the move bug on gen faction ^^ i try it versus xeen and it doesnt work well + the SOL IA which come detect me but my GEN ia ship dont go detect xeen...

14. gegener

gegener Member

message to GEN player :
    does your captain take rally offensive skill?
    its perhaps this skill which make us loose move point each turn.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

I do not have that skill and I am not experiencing the same bug that you and @Devilgeek are experiencing.

gegener likes this.
  16. gegener

gegener Member

good to know that all GEN player arent under the move bug ^^
    @Devilgeek do you have point in this skill?

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I don't earn 2000 xp/kill from Ma'ali by sluging it out with them :p

Ask AmishJoe, he got a lesson in the art of war.

Interesting theory about a particular Gen-only skill causing the problem.
    What does the Rally skill do? You should be able to self-test your theory by respec'ing your captain for 100 LP (if that works?)

I still want to take over the known universe before V shuts it down :p
    If the boss has objections to me claiming every territory, I will leave 5 for the Genari.

18. Vesuvius_SWIE

Anyone seeing the Engine damage/No movement next round bug anymore?

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

As long as there are enough players to murder, and I mean brutally and relentlessly murdering masses, some of us will be able to progress well. It seems like a massive-foundation pyramid economy though with 10:1 steps at each class (10 players in class III to support one higher and so on). It will take many many average players being farmed for a few good players to accumulate wealth. I don't see a 10% return system being able to function any other way. AI/other XP doesn't supplement pvp much at all (As far as we have it now, barring neutral factions that you don't want to count and any game systems that are not yet in).

~40 kills to step up to a class 4 at 30 xp each! And how much stronger is a class 4? Not much for all that effort, it is still extremely vulnerable to being sniped and there is nothing that can be done about it. 2 corvettes come at you, poof dead in 1 turn easily and you cannot prevent it no matter what you do! I'm telling you this scenario will play out, in a nutshell: "Hey guys look, hes got a good ship, lets all thow ourselves at it and cost him all his investment". There is no defense for ANY ship against a multitude of free corvettes, they are just too powerful.

Like I already said, you can take 5 corvettes and down a dread in 1 turn as the game currently is.... regardless of who else is doing what on the map. People can intentionally focus fire in suicide attacks (hey they get free ship replacements right? and cheap to begin with) to take down an extremely expensive asset.

If you would like me to demonstrate, allow me to groom 5 corvette's of my choosing (only really need 2 officers upgraded, so thats about 350 + another 200 xp each, 550 x 5 is 2750 to down something worth ~25000 or ~50000, and if the corvettes go down, most of that XP is refunded and they will also have earned a TON from the damage they dealt (expect the first to go in).

I see problems with the economic design being so restrictive AND it being so very easy to lose even the best of ships.

I really want to run that scenario now. We can call it the Genar-squashi Corvoo.

Get me 5 corvettes vs a Levi, I will win. I don't know Genari corvettes as well, but I bet I could do the same vs a dread, might take 6 or rounds though.

Having allies back you up only matters if you can survive at least 1 round, so assuming I can down a target like I say I can in a single assault, allies can be considered a non-factor.

20. gegener

gegener Member

rally offensive.jpg
    AI dont want to kick my engine when i give them :s so i need a SOL player

this skill isnt present in the icone during the allocation phase

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.