*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

3-14-17 Build Update:
    -Unity version upgrade
    -Disappearing ship explosion bug fixed
    -Hive/Ma'Alaketh defenses improved

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Coser

Coser Active Member

And the update of your XP/LP is really slow. I finished last night believing I had only enough for a basic class 2, but having noticed that several times the figures had not updated. This morning I had enough to return to my beloved Orchis with a fully upgraded crew.

3. dredknight

dredknight New Member

I just got into the game and started looking around ship and officier skills.
    When I select an officer and chose a skill to upgrade the menu says "error 237" , "Insufficient skill points.". The issue is that the skill description does not include the skillpoint requirements which is confusing.

P.S. Forget what I wrote I got how it works. The officer has skillpoints that gain per level and are visible on the left.

-Yeah, that will be made clearer when the GUI is improved -- you have to 'promote' the officer to get the skill points.
    Right now, you can promote using the XP, but in reality for the actual game you will need to take the ship out for several combat sorties to be able to upgrade the character. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. dredknight

dredknight New Member

Thanks Vesuvius!

One more thing. I Dont know how many HP the enemy has (total and how many left) this way I am not sure whether to attack or not at some point. Is this deliberate ?

-It is deliberate, but at the same time, a decision will be made before launch to have the stats show or not. -Vesuvius

For example I want to attack a space station, I do 2 damage per round but I dont know if it has 100000 or just 50-60 or less.

-BTW, the shipyard section of Spacewars.com lists every ship and their stats.

Also when you die you lose everything except your capitan ? Does this mean that all officers and ship are lost forever so you have to buy new ship and train new officers ?

-Haha, you misspell the captain like my programmer does. Yeah, all officers die with the ship, so don't lose the ship. -Vesuvius

What happens if you dont have enough points to buy the cheapest ship?

-You'll always have enough to get a Corvette class, because losing a corvette automatically gives you 300xp to get another one. -Vesuvius

5. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

I can answer those for you @dredknight :
    Pretty sure it's deliberate that you can't see the enemy health (forces you to play smart to the end). However, you can see the damage you're causing to the enemy, as their ship becomes a little orange then starts turning black. Play a little more, and you'll start to understand when a ship is about to die, and when a station is about to die.

Space Stations are heavily armored, which means they can have anywhere between (not too sure the specifics) 60-120+ health, with shields and many different weapons. A class 3 will easily die from any station. A class 4 and up can start doing some damage, but still be careful.

When you die, you do lose everything. However, at this point in time, you do get a 350LP (Leadership Points for Sol, or Honor Points if you are Genari) so that you can buy a new class 3. You crew does get wiped, but your captain keeps his Experience and level. Ultimately, you will always have enough to buy a new ship.

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Bear in mind that you only get this 350 LP/HP if you lost a Class III. Anything smaller or larger will not give you this bonus.

That said, there is the "Honorable Death" skill line on the Genari side for the captain that allows you to get a certain percentage of the lost ship's Honor Point cost back, up to 50%.

7. CamadJ

CamadJ New Member

Had a gorshkov, You can only see enemies every other space you or they move. So if they attack you, and then move, they disappear, you then need to move 1 space in order to have them reappear, even if in sensor range. Very weird issue. Caused me to loose my ship :( and I had just started investing in crew. haha.

-That's a VERY VERY strange bug. It only happened with the Gorskhov?? -Vesuvius

8. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

Is the server down right now? It doesn't load for me.

Edit: Nevermind, works now.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

I experienced this bug as well with one of the Agile Flyers, I think it was the basic variant.

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

If there's a few rare ships that trigger this unique bug, I want to try to reproduce it.

Ahh, I wanted to play some Spacewars tonight but I have to keep plugging away on the large galaxy map. 2000 sectors... finished about 15% of it.
    It will be the map that will launch with the game, but also will be playtested by you guys (and the full internal beta invite bringing about 100+ playtesters to the group) weeks before launch (to also make sure the map has no bugs eg. genari mine in sol region etc...).
    mappp.jpg

11. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I just saw this happen when I was in combat with me in Leningrad 2, and a new ally(don't remember the name) in a orchis 3

12. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE
    It sounds like a lot of work, but it's tons of fun already. Wish I could help you, honestly. But we're all very hyped for it and for the addition of new players!

13. Coser

Coser Active Member

That would have been me, Joe. I've been seeing it again recently. Reported it originally before the re-start and it's reared it's ugly head again recently. Even though I generally run with minimal sensors - because I seem to be unable to increase the range and then cut it back to 4 when necessary, it just won't reduce below 5 - I have had enemies just appear out of the blue 2-3 hexes away, fire, then vanish before even my counterfire has gone off, re-appear to fire again, then vanish and I only get the tag flying away until it's out of sensor range.

14. Vesuvius_SWIE

So is the consensus that its happening to all ships, or just some strange bug with specific ones?

15. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Ah, ok. I have had the same sensor problem as well, I have found if you use c on keyboard you can adjust it to where you want. the "down" side of the hud is what doesn't work, in my experience. Also I am able to "see" an enemy well out of my current sensor range on occasion as well, sorta like sometimes sensors don't work at all or you have unlimited sensors.

-Actually once you have a lock on an enemy, they will remain on lock as long as they don't break line of sight up to where your sensor's max system (charged or not) is. Of course, if your sensor's system maxes out at 14, and the ship still appears to you past that hex range, then there is a bug (unless there is allied line of sight). -Vesuvius

16. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I happened to be in battle by myself that time:(

17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Seems to be just specific ones. All the other ships I have that I tried didn't have this issue.

18. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

I would assume it's global rather than specific. Happened to me, with the Predator, facing a Sol Mendi and Long Range Beam Corvette.

There is also a pretty major glitch with S-216. Can't be captured, no enemies spawn.

19. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I have been having trouble loading the game, just get stuck at the load screen before the space dock, has happened to me a couple of times.

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

I'm hoping for a new build tomorrow; to help fix some of these capture mechanic bugs, as well as the detection bug. But beyond that, the steam achievements and medals should start appearing with the next build as well. Once that stuff is completely done, then we go back to the officer skills and try to get them all fixed. Once I'm satisfied with all those things above, then the next major hurdle will be the support ships (and support ship skill). The final big hurdle will be the Fleet Commander skill and secondary ships.

SPiEkY and AmishJoe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.