*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

I was only trying to get the Leviathan.. I was 2-3k away and then the reset happened (I cried a little on the inside)

On a more serious note, whenever you stay in an area to capture it (by defeating incoming AI enemies), the game freaks out, revealing the enemy position, disabling you from moving, starting the allocation phase, but it doesn't show the allocation tabs (weapons, shields, and End Turn). Leave Sector still appears, which you can use, no matter where you are on the map. I can provide a screenshot if need be.

-Yes, please do. It would be another new bug to report. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2017
  2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Had a few run-ins with Hunterkiller -- I came in with my Mendi Corvette, he already has a Predator Frigate. He kicked my butt, we'd need to gang up on him lol.
    I see that the observer mode has come in, finally, and the transit phase is cleaner. I need to get the capture points adjusted though. Right now mines/drones give 10pts, when they should only give 1.
    There is a significant bug as well -- ever since the Wednesday March 1st update, I see more 'white screen crash to desktop' issues that I never had before, and that is on several computers.

3. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

Here's the bug:

In the picture, it is currently the Allocation Phase, yet I'm missing all the UI

Attached Files:

4. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

Might as well give you another one:
    There's an endless battle situation in some tiles. Not too sure why, maybe because drones are supposed to spawn but don't. The cell never locks (even if you keep killing enemies), resulting in enemies endlessly spawning, the player stuck in a cycle of 'Allocation' and 'Combat' with a drone model in a corner of the map.

Attached Files:

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

OHHHH, I know that bug. That is when an AI drone is spawned at the far corner of the map, and it becomes 'untouchable', I thought I had eliminated those, but then again creating 400 sectors I may have missed a few. That is something I can fix myself, do you know what sectors they are in?

6. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

As far as I know, S-903 and S-101

Thanks, I fixed those by rebuilding those regions. I will have the programmers refresh the map when they start again on Monday. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2017
  7. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

Sounds like I have a terrible reputation now and I need to introduce myself... Sorry everyone. I was expecting a reset at some point, but didn't expect it so soon. I grinded everything as much as I could to get to ~28200 Honor Points to buy a Class 10 Leviathan and try to capture every station and the Sol Capital to see what happens next. I was 2000-3000 Honor Points short.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

No, you do not have a terrible reputation(at least in my book). I seem to be the only person on the sol side, tired of getting my butt handed to me, if I had someone besides the AI to side with me I might be able to hold my on. The only vendetta I have at the moment is with wolf, with whom I was trying to talk with during a battle and he bushwhacked my destroyer; when I was trying to explain and help him. SOL on the lower levels are crap!!! I would have been genari again, but everyone else picked them again.

Also I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but this time around accuracy is off; I have had 2 out of 4 95% hits miss and all other percentages are also missing more frequently.
    Anyway back to grinding to get back a class 5. hope to see you out there

-I hope to run into you online and tag team these Genari with you :) - Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2017
  9. wolf

wolf New Member

lol my bad Amish Joe. I was trying to talk to but the chat kept getting interuppted by my xp gains. I bought a frigate with my victory. You can kill me to get the points back.

10. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

And this is where I would disagree, @AmishJoe. Sol ships rely heavily on their shields, while Genari ships rely more on their sheer number of hull points (aka health; Warhammer 40k term which I'll probably use a lot). Both have a huge arsenal of weapons, some Sol class 3 ships having 4 weapons at times (overkill much?). This isn't the thread to talk about this, but every ship (and faction) has its strength and weaknesses, you just gotta find the right ship for you.

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Having played both sides, I can safely say that the Class IIIs are pretty evenly balanced. The class IVs for Genari are arguably better, though I chalk that up largely to the Predator, which is pretty strong for a class IV. The Genari and Sol Class Vs are more or less evenly balanced, though the Class Vs for Sol are better for their price. I can't comment further than that, though, as I haven't gotten any further on Genari side yet, though Sol's Class VIs are much more attractive (both aesthetically and stat-wise), imo.

-All these ships were built around the rulesets, hardpoints and tables I created a long while back, refined over a decade now. I'm pretty satisfied as to how things are balanced with the ships (take note that not every Frigate is made equal for example -- thus the varying values of each ship within its class). The only thing that needed some 'nerfing' so far has been the Agile Flyer -- the ones with GSELB-3A's have been replaced with GSELB-2. The weight of some of the smaller Genari lasers are too light, thus giving them just a bit too much firepower. -Vesuvius

darklord48 likes this.
  12. wolf

wolf New Member

I tried to respec my marine commander and now even though he's veteran leveal I only have 1 skill point available. Relogged and still had same issuse. Try respecing couple more times nothing happened. Just lost all my credits. :(

This is for my class 4 frigate firebolt.

-Yeah, this is a certain bug where it seems that you lose point when you respec, it also happens to your captain as well. At least the XP is relatively easily regained during these test rounds. -Vesuvius

13. wolf

wolf New Member

wait so I need to relevel my commander? Could you just internally reset him if that would be okay?
    - I fixed your Marine Commander skill points manually now.

14. Kahless

Kahless Member

I still haven't been past destroyer level. I really really want to try the cruisers. But I'm not going that fast its crazy how some of you guys are getting so much xp!

-I'm still a Corvette on this server lol -Vesuvius

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Ooooh, new update! What all changes did we get this time?

I noticed the neato little intro video thingy and the map reset.

Edit: I see you can no longer hit guys you can't see by just targeting the hex they're on.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    darklord48 and wolf like this.
  16. wolf

wolf New Member

I need to check this out :)

17. Vesuvius_SWIE

The intro video isn't finished though -- there's a voiceover and music to be applied as well. So its half-done. Actually I didn't want it online just yet, until it was completely done but oh well.

The shipyard is getting updated with improved selections, defaults and highlights, but as you can see, its 'purple', so still in progress.
    However, now you can see the XP value of a ship, as well as stat numbers in the shipyard listings.

-Indeed, the exploit where you can find your opponent by targeting an empty hex no longer can be exploited :)

-Some more transit issue fixes, the region lockouts after capture no longer stay locked forever

-When you engage dark matter drive (warpout) there are 'stages' to your warpout sequence you can see in-game.

-XP Gains on slaughter/marine kills fully working now.

-Lastly, your avatar headshots now show up properly in the combat map.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    wolf, darklord48 and SPiEkY like this.
  18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

I've noticed that even if I have my guns charged, I can't attack an enemy until the turn after I locate them on my scanners. Is this intended or a side effect of the empty-hex-target-exploit fix?

-That would be a bug if so, and would require immediate fixing as first priority tomorrow. I think I noticed that vs. AI in a quick playtest just now. -Vesuvius

darklord48 likes this.
  19. dxr250

dxr250 New Member

Good day all! Going into the missions.... In my turn of battle i locate the enemy ship, i still have moves to do but i cant take the first shot (guess same as mentioned above) i need to end the turn and wait to get shot at first and only on the next battle turn i can shoot at the enemy ship.

-Its the first bug they're going to fix today. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2017
  20. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I am encountering the same bug. Also the AI ship damaged me then appeared and shot me. Nice intro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.