*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahless

Kahless Member

I'm trying out the victory light cruiser :cool:

2. Coser

Coser Active Member

Just been in again with my trusty Liverpool, got back up to the Class V I had unlocked. Noticed a few things whilst I was playing.

Enemy ships vanish at certain ranges. Had several staring down the barrels only to be unable to fire as I had misjudged the range and ended up an even (odd?) number of hexes from them, they vanished from the screen and I could not target them. They were doing the same thing on their turn, vanishing from sight well within the set range of my scanners. Luckily enough, their vanishing did not cancel my counterfire, so I got a lot of use out of that.

-I just verified it, its definitely a new bug that popped up with the latest update -Vesuvius

I also had a fair bit of trouble with the game just crashing tonight. The screen went whiter and froze several times over the last few hours.

-I noticed that too, when I was using my friend's laptop, but it never happened with my laptop or my computers. Strange for sure. -Vesuvius

Movement has been a bit of a problem, I try moving forward into an empty hex and can't. I have to turn and move round. This also occured a time or two when clicking at the range of my movement, with the ship seeming to take the shortest path, only to come up short at some point by one of these 'empty' hexes.

Just before I logged off for the night, I noticed that my captain was over the 8K mark. Went back to base, docked and brought up the captain screen. Just short of it. Thought I had made a mistake with the numbers, so went out again. Took on another sector, definately past the 8K mark. Back to base, just under again. Same number as before I went out the second time.

-Would be cool to see a screenshot of this, so I could send it to the programmers. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2017
  3. Geburtstag

Geburtstag New Member

Just got an Error 215 Invalid Map when trying to leave a mission map (S-37). The game didn't crash and I did get back to the galaxy map.

-I noticed that happens if you try to go back to the same map you were doing your solo mission. I think since the single player missions are 'instanced', it creates that error. -Vesuvius

It just happened again on S-15 after doing a mission. These are the first two missions I have run since the wipe and I could enter and leave S-56 without problem.

This definitely seems to be tied to the missions, I can go into uncontested territory or invade enemy territory without getting this error but I get it after every mission.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

I've also noticed a new bug today, where you can fight a region against AI, kill say, one of them bringing your side to 10-40 (from 0-50), and if you leave the region, you'll have captured it and the region locks out. It shouldn't do that until you get to 50-0 for your side.

5. Coser

Coser Active Member

Captain XP must have just been a lag issue. Logged in this morning to take those screenshots, and XP was over 8K.

Genari have locked out all of the border as I was playing, but I found a sector (S-41 IIRC) that wasn't locked. My Leningrad was more than capable of working this sector. I took out several AI before leaving. There were times I had to go through several allocation/combat phases before a transit phase was announced, and at no time did the capture bar move from full Genari.

6. TommyBZ

TommyBZ New Member

I'm finding trouble playing the battle option. It's very choppy and slow when I try to select a ship.

7. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I have noticed a few times that I allocate and have between 6-15 power left and when I end turn the screen blinks, and I get a insufficient power notice and it resets my power to the previous turns stats. Cost me 2 of my 3 Leningrads, the 3rd was my stupidity(trying to take down space dock,lol).

8. Coser

Coser Active Member

I've tried to take down a large Genari structure in my Liverpool II. Couldn't do any damage even though I could hit it. Fortunately it couldn't hit me with enough to do any significant damage, but not even being able to take it's shields down was boring so I moved away and left the system.

-Stations (especially class X and higher) are supposed to handle volleys from Frigates. You're supposed to take them on with much larger ships. Truth be told, the stations are temporarily nerfed in power, so they would do even more damage in a real game. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2017
  9. Vesuvius_SWIE

There will be another complete reset tomorrow, mainly because the newer, larger map is going to be in play. In this one, everyone will be starting from scratch, with no XP boosts for a while. Some of the capture mechanics issues/bugs will be fixed on that update, so region control should be more defined, as well as the fact that there are 8x more regions.

Warshoe, wolf and SPiEkY like this.
  10. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

The more hexes the merrier! I was wondering, how big can a galaxy map get? The one you mention above sounds like its at least 20x20 =400 hexes or regions. The one we've been testing on is about 10x10 =100 regions.

-In theory, it's unlimited, but the biggest we've played around with is about 200x200 = 40,000 sectors. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Well, good thing there's gonna be a reset tomorrow, since someone on the Generi side decided it was a good idea to abuse that "kill one guy to take the system" bug to take all Sol space but the stations, which resulted in there no longer being Pirate missions, even though I took a decent size of space back.

Edit: Yay! They're back! I guess I just had to wait a while or something.

-Also, the 'locks' on regions are 12-24 hours, so they can always be taken back again. -Vesuvius

darklord48 likes this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Is this map going to have the same deal going on where if you lose a Class III, you get 350 LP/HP?

-Indeed, class III ships get auto-refunded on destruction. -Vesuvius

Also, are you going to be posting the xp leaders of the current map?

jeez Spieky, you've been going nuts on the game. But sorry, you're in second place haha.

HunterKiller at 1st place with 27K xp
    Spieky at 2nd place with 22K xp
    Coser & Amishjoe at 3rd place with 8K xp

darklord48 likes this.
  13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

2nd Place my ass. Up to 30k xp and a Class VIII ship - the Baltimore.

Edit: Also, no side choosing with the reset? I wanted to switch back to Genari.

Double edit: nvm, I see what's happened now.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    darklord48 likes this.
  14. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I was wondering when would be a good time to get more credits, I ran out buying different ships, Excellent medium map!

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Yeah, the size of this map is awesome! Plus it looks like y'all more or less fixed the region capture bug, so it'll be much more challenging to take large areas of space now.

darklord48 likes this.
  16. Vesuvius_SWIE

Finished double-checking everything. BTW who's that guy who has been on a capturing rampage on the edge of Sol space? lol

So on this new build the main fixes:
    Capture point issues should all be fixed now
    Transit phase issues (where it wouldn't appear, or be off by a turn) all fixed too.

And of course, the new medium sized map, that I've been working on for ages lol. (Now I'm working on a map with about 2000 sectors, which on my free time I will plug away on).

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Vesuvius_SWIE

Also, the next stage of invites will be coming soon (as those of you who are playing on the internal beta are the very first wave of testers -- and right now down to about a dozen of you). The next wave will consist of 20-30 more players being invited, through the beta signup page.

18. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Fresh cannon fodder!!!! Great! I am tired of being HunterKillers target, lol. He is the one taking all the sol sectors

19. SirElric

SirElric Member

I think I joined up at the right time! Nice fresh map. Wish you could get more xp from the Missions though.

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Once you're in a class V or higher, you start getting pretty good xp from the missions.

darklord48 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.