*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

So, at least until the chat's working correctly, is there gonna be like a Discord channel or something we can all chat and co-ordinate?

-There's also the Steam chat. BTW, was there a 4v4 sort of battle going on earlier? I missed I think. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
    darklord48 likes this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Member

We could use the Pox discord, but you're a dirty Sol player now :p

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Nautix

Nautix New Member

Tried reading through most of the bug reports, might have skipped some as its late so not sure if already reported:

Missions don't give XP, and the XP at the end of the mission after killing the pirate ship always shows 0. I did spec into getting XP by killing crew members and did receive 1 XP in the mission after but it did not seem to apply. Still sitting at 0 XP

-Single player missions against those weak opponents tend to be very little XP, because Pirate enemies are very low XP in the first place, and as a stronger ship you get reduced XP for killing a weaker ship. But the kill XP is bugged, not just against AI, but also for PVP. Killing ships will eventually give you an XP boost. -Vesuvius

Honor Points show as 350 on the mission completion window, even though I received some. They showed up properly once docking into the station though.

-Yeah, sometimes it takes a little while for the honor points to show up, almost like the server has to update. But always does end up being added properly. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2017
  4. Geburtstag

Geburtstag New Member

This may be already known but I don't recall seeing any posts about it. When I look at S-14 on the galaxy map it shows 1 hostile present but if I engage there are 2. If I warp out of the sector I get a general error but it does take me out of combat.

-The AI ships that are there give some seriously wonky results, but also things are a bit more buggy with this update because of the capture/control bug. Sometime soon (I hope), you'll notice that the enemy/ally ships info tab on the galaxy map will be looking different, and that's when you know its all fixed by then. -Vesuvius

5. Coser

Coser Active Member

Just had a problem, the HUD completely vanished on me during combat, no end turn button, no leave map button, no way to change power allocation. Had to quit ouit of the game and hope I'm back at base when I go in again.

-I've had that problem before, and reported it; sometimes you'll see this strange template of sorts with all your stats at 100 as well. When that happens, you quit and restart. But I do love how fast this game loads aaaahhhh -Vesuvius

I always have in the past, so no real worry.

6. Coser

Coser Active Member

Same thing just happened again, but I think the repair is stacking properly now. Having fun locking sectors around the Genari homeworld

7. Coser

Coser Active Member

now had a problem with combat. Despite having plenty of power for movement, no damage, any hex I clicked on gave me an "Invalid Location" error, all I was able to do was spin on the spot. When the AI enemy came into range, I targetted it with weapons, only to be unable to fire due to an "Invalid Target" error. Another quit out to get past it.

-That is definitely a syncing error, where the server sees you as somewhere else, and you, the client computer is reporting in a different place. With every update that gets a little more stable at least. I haven't seen that problem as much as a few weeks ago. -Vesuvius

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

2000 XP/LP/HP boost added. Though some of you already have gained considerable XP haha.
    Right now:
    HunterKiller in the lead in XP
    Cromgore in a close second place
    Coser third.

darklord48 and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

For some reason I'm not able to use pass or end turn at all at the moment. I always get a general error.

10. Coser

Coser Active Member

Never thought I'd get that place! Have been locking a fair bit of Genari territory, but have come up with a couple more bugs. The scanner range in the FoW doesn't always change properly after a move. The solution to that seems to be to alter it again in the allocation phase and it corrects itself.

-Also, when you rotate in place, the FoW won't refresh as well. These are some things that will need fixing in future updates. -Vesuvius

I have also had a weird thing with an enemy locator arrow. I had my back to the map edge, and one of those yellow arrows came up - behind me and off the map.

11. BlueMaro

BlueMaro New Member

I really do like the ion drive warpout sound effect on the sol ships, the ones with the blue engines :D

12. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

I'm alone in a sector, but still in combat. With combat round, allocation round etc. But, I'm alone there- Does that make any sense?

-Are you sure it isn't a weaker class III AI that is hiding from you? They do that if you're levels up from them. The turn bar should show if there's something playing against you. -Vesuvius

13. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

That was what I was referring to. Nothing else on the turn bar. Anyways, I closed the game, went in again and everything was back to normal.

-One other question then: Were you able to 'freeflight' or at least move around the map, or were you stuck? -Vesuvius

14. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

I was able to move in the normal combat round. When it was my turn. But I couldn't move of course in the allocation round.

Edit: I was limited to my movement point,if you were wondering that

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Just tried to take on a Windsor Class XII Station with my Battleborn Destroyer. First wave of attacks cut me down real bad, second round took me out before I could engage the dark matter drive. Lost my Destroyer :(

16. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

ME too:( Mine was a Leningrad though, I had been doing pretty good for several rounds got about 150xp I think b4 I got destroyed. I noticed if I get to where I only have one hull point to repair if I click the mouse fast enough I get an extra hull point. I don't have the skill for that, worked in bengu and Leningrad both.

17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

I'm getting 50-100XP/LP per pirate run now that I'm in a Class V ship, it's looking like it'll be a decent XP/LP farm. Currently eyeing the Montana II for 7450 LP, got about 4k to go.

-Wow, you really are aiming high lol. Why not try a Light Cruiser first?

darklord48 likes this.
  18. TYROS

TYROS New Member

battleborn destroyer officers...all officers open up as chief engineer.

-This would be a new bug... anyone else can verify this? -Vesuvius

19. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

LOL!! Guess I am done for a while, I lost a class 4 now I have 36 xp left. somehow I didn't receive my replacement xp. I had that officer bug before when I was a genari, haven't seen it since I switched

-Yeah, you only get refunded for Class III ships. With 36 XP though, you can still get a Sentry Class I haha

20. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Yep, I've alreadt lost one of those also, now down to 27, lol

SPiEkY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.