*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cromgore

Cromgore New Member

Can confirm i got 0 LP for losing my Oslo :(

-But you have that badass repair tender haha -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
  2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Speaking of the Firebolt Frigate, at least the Type III, its off orientation graphically, so it looks like its flying sideways. Any with Firebolt I or II see the same?

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

New UPDATE!

-Biggest thing is you'll notice a '
    fog of war' is there now. Its one of the features of the game, finally implemented. There may be a few quirks to fix, as this is its first version, but basically you'll see light grey as where you can scan/detect up to, and thicker grey where you have no detection whatsoever. Its a good way to know where you can or cannot see.
    Other updates:

Missing silhouette icons on turn bar fixed
    Pass turn fix -- no longer can be abused -- ie if you pass turn after someone else with higher initiative passes turn, you don't get to go after them. They still have priority over you.
    Hull and crew damage persist visually between battles
    Scanner range fix (it wasn't updating properly)
    Counterfire updates/fixes
    AI stability improved

wolf likes this.
  4. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

the fog of war definitely helps in searching for those elusive pirates.... ;)

5. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

New bug on region capturing. It seems that some regions can get captured just by the time you're there, not kills, and other regions the points are wonky. One place had -100 something for sol and 90 for genari.

6. Cromgore

Cromgore New Member

Our US timezone guys need to step it up!! We're losing this war!!

7. TYROS

TYROS New Member

scaling bug. on mission end pop-up report, in 720p dosent scale properly.

will there be an in game clock/time? think that would be really useful.

-Would be a nice feature to add, I'm sure we will -Vesuvius

chat box...hang me out to dry, im pretty like the whites of your eyes?
    whats all that about lol.

-I think that's a programmer's bla bla that they left in there.. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  8. CpZen

CpZen Member

Sorry I'm playing in a different time zone hehe :)
    I think there is missing ship stats in the shipyard when you zoom in on the ship, that section with the three black bars.

-Known bug to fix -Vesuvius

9. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

For some reason I'm getting active battles shown on many places of the galaxy map. But there just isn't anything there. Or I just can't enter (G-53). Or there are more than 4000 points for Sol, but it's still in Genari hands (S-52).

EDIT: Now I keep getting that error of not entering allocation round even outside Ma'alaketh territory. I just attacked a Genari sector and had the same problem.

-Yeah, the new update seems to have made new bugs on region capture, I'll be asking them to work on that first today. Region G-53 and S-52 have been reported. -Vesuvius

10. TYROS

TYROS New Member

is server up atm 15:30 gmt ? cant login again, seem to be having this consistant problem, and its only spacewars, no other site/steam/game etc.

-Anyone else having login issues? I haven't had any -Vesuvius

11. darklord48

darklord48 Member

When I'm in an empty system and a ship shows up, the first allocation phase doesn't bring up the allocation UI. This is currently happening to me in S-53. Subsequent allocation phases work normally.

-That actually is a new good update, as in the enemy AI defender doesn't arrive the moment you appear there, but takes a few seconds in case you decide to leave. -Vesuvius

12. darklord48

darklord48 Member

I entered S-33, moved, got notice of a Transit phase, but no one entered the system. I was the sole ship in the combat queue until I left. When I returned right away, the missing ship was there. This happened in two systems.

-Yeah, the new build did create some major capture region bugs, I'm hoping it will all be addressed this afternoon in the upcoming build. -Vesuvius

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

I have also experienced this.

darklord48 likes this.
  14. darklord48

darklord48 Member

I like that they don't arrive at the same time, giving you time to leave or to make one move, but once the allocation phase comes up after a ship arrives, it should allow for allocation.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Member

Respec doesn't give back all allocated points. I did a respec on my Elite Tactical Officer and only received 2 points back. Initially I had trained Accuracy to 3 and Damage Boost 2. Since Damage Boost wasn't working, I was planning to try other skills.

-Hmm, this is DEFINITELY a new bug, will add it to the list! -Vesuvius

16. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

It is a minor thing, but when I upgrade my sol officers it is showing a genari avatar.

-Yeah, that is a placeholder image you see, that whole section is going to be redone. -Vesuvius

17. Vesuvius_SWIE

Programmers still working right now, but it looks like a push/update won't be happening tonight. The region capture issues are pretty complex, and they're correcting all sorts of issues stemming from that. They're also improving the fog of war, as well as the total power info on allocation round that gets the numbers all jumbled up.

Tomorrow morning I'll be adding another 2k to all active testers, bringing all players to Class V Destroyer & Class VI Light Cruiser levels.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Thanks Vesuvius, I can see loads of improvement since the 15th!

19. darklord48

darklord48 Member

Will there be a reset needed for the update they're working on? If so it might be a good idea to wait on the 2k or allow people to request it later.

-No reset planned for the next few days at least. Want to keep letting testers thoroughly try increasing levels of ships :) -Vesuvius

20. wolf

wolf New Member

Has anyone had successs with genari Marine pods. They seem underwhelming. I sacrifice a lot of power from my ship to kill 8 crew members from theres? That's a bad trade.

-The Marine Pods are actually incredible devices, because the XP (once it works) and Marine Commander skill (once it works lol) and tag teaming an enemy can do some serious disabling of an enemy ship. True, it costs a lot of power, but it is a way to boost your honor points, or eventually (once its enabled) to capture a ship for 2x XP. Its more of a challenge no doubt, but rewarding when you do it. -Vesuvius

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.