*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

I'm doing the same right now. I don't know why but I'm afraid of the borders and those red flashing bolts. From what I've read here I feel like I'd get killed quickly lol

2. Coser

Coser Active Member

Vesuvius, chill! I thought you would recognise the fact that I was being cheeky due to the " ;) " at the end of the post! Hope to get together with some others in a sec and see how high up the totem pole we can get.

3. Coser

Coser Active Member

OK, not able to log in. Will try again later.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Member

Your cheeky attitude has been fixed. ;)

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

I used to play star fleet battles back in the late 80s (yeah I'm an old timer here probably) and this game reminds me of it. So there is a certain sense of nostalgia with this game. We would even try to visualize the action in our minds, so this really brings that board game to life. When I play as sol, I think I'm playing as a federation captain fighting against the klingons. Even some of the genari ships remind me of the bird of prey and others of the d-7 cruiser.

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Ok, back to work -- I'll be online playing and testing, as well as building other elements of the tutorial. Tomorrow there will be a 1500k XP boost, for more frigate action. There shouldn't be any resets anytime soon, so it will eventually move up to destroyers/light cruisers.

Every few days you'll be seeing new features being implemented, the game still has many things being worked on to make a complete experience.

Also working on the next sized map, about 8x the size of the current one, meant for 100+ players.

11.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  7. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

UI looking like alien writing...what's going on with the game

-It seems to happen after a while of playing. According to the programmer, its a Unity Engine issue, which needs a patch to fix, hopefully soon. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2017
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Member

Restart, it is a known issue.

9. Coser

Coser Active Member

OK tried a bit more this morning. Engineer powerboost skill definitely NOT working. Available power did not change between having no skill and having max skill. This would have seriously helped when I got my engine damaged by a class IV as I tried to exit the system.

It was at that point that I found another bug. The engine damage took me down to -4 available power, but in the allocation phase, I was not allowed to cut power to my weapons or reduce power to the shields. I quit in the hope of the AI getting me out of there, but expect to find I have no ship or crew when I get back online.

-I have seen this negative engine power damage as well, its almost like you're getting too much damage to the engines. In fact, I couldn't even move on the next round, so I got my Star Warrior blasted. Another bug add to the list. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
  10. dxr250

dxr250 New Member

Good day all !!
    Yesterday or the day before when playing with sol , everytime i lost a battle the game froze before my ship explode. The only way to confirm the outcome was to quit game and then when relog in to it see my shipyard empty. -That bug should have been squashed by now
    Switched to the genari side for now to try it out. Generall comments graphics are good. And it gives a good feeling when playing. Hope you will get it up and running soon and hope we ll be able to help eliminate the bugs as fast as possible.
    dxr250
    -I hope to have the game up and running soon too, but as long as there are major bugs to kill and features to add, it will be in this private internal beta testing mode for you small group of max 30 players. -Vesuvius

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

1500 XP/LP boost added to all active accounts.

12. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

Ma'alaketh still seems to be a nice source of xp, if you can move fast enough. For some reason after I destroy a ship and a new one enters the region I do not enter allocation round again.

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

Was it a Shadow Frigate? (Class IV) I tried to hit and run, but it still smashed my corvette in one shot.

Edit, I just managed to destroy one, and yeah, then when the next one comes in, the game stalls.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  14. Coser

Coser Active Member

OK, there is a graphical glitch in the Shipyard. I am getting a double set of components on the ships, starting with Force field and Scanner, then going through the weapons. The top set are not as good as the lower set, and don't get the connecting lines to where they are on the ship. I presume these are the stats for the base version as I am looking at the higher variants.

-Definite bug that I've reported for a while, another one on the list. Make the ship info confusing, funny thing it was working fine for a while until one of the recent updates. -Vesuvius

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

I've noticed this as well, and I believe it's the previous ship's specs being shown above the specs of the ship you're currently looking at. It doesn't seem to happen every time, though it does occur quite often. It makes it rather difficult to compare loadouts.

darklord48 likes this.
  16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Damn my impatience, I could've had a Leningrad if only I didn't feel the need to purchase that Oslo last night.

darklord48 likes this.
  17. TYROS

TYROS New Member

cant seem to login again atm, game crashes at login screen big time, cant even get task manager up need to hard reboot comp each time. also its great the exp/lp but will we not need credits reset or added to open up bigger ships for testing.

18. Kahless

Kahless Member

Time to get a firebolt! I love the GENARI missiles now that they work ;)

19. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yeah, good reminder, I'll be adding more credits for ship unlocks. Don't try to pay $$ for them, everything is free for testers.

darklord48 likes this.
  20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Just so I'm sure I understand: For this beta, when our ship dies, we get 350LP, if it's at least a class III, correct? If so, then it's not giving LP for class IV ships lost.

-Exactly, you only regain LP from losing a Class III ship. It keeps even testers from aimlessly suiciding ships. I lost my firebolt... -Vesuvius

darklord48 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.