*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

The tool tip for +5 repair points is missing the "+"

2. TYROS

TYROS New Member

i would like to see enemy stats and dmg when i rollover enemy ships.

3. wolf

wolf New Member

For the ship destiny my marine pods arn't usable in combat. The icons do not appear.

4. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

The destiny is a support troop ship, it re supplies marine pods. It is for when support ship skill is ready so it doesn't have any use right now like the hospital ship and repair tender. I wouldn't bother using those.

wolf likes this.
  5. Coser

Coser Active Member

Spent a good time last night. A lot of battles where Genari had rolled into Sol territory were bugged, so I went into the sector where there was a Sol station and helped defend it. Lots of AI Genari made attack runs, but all died to the combination of 5 plasma weapons. It was a slower XP rise than PVP, but a lot safer and a steady rise where I did not have to move much. Fully charged shields and weapons, then charged sensors so that I only had 3mp. This allowed me to turn in the hex I was in to bring the enemy to bear, and made sure I had maximum possible range to spot the incoming ships.

Still had a lot of problems with turn allocation. I kept getting an error 100 on trying to pass my combat turn. This then also disabled the End Turn button and I was left having to wait out the timer. Rather frustrating when I know there is an enemy on the map, but he is not in sensor range and therefore there is nothing I can do. Would have liked to pass the turn and try and force him to move first, possibly into range and then I could fire, but had to wait out my entire turn without doing anything.

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Because of the strange phenomena happening with certain regions being un-capturable, stations remaining in control of a region, and regions like S-51, there's going to be a new build and server reset/update. You might have already seen that the explosions are working, missiles all function, and a new 'damage' indicator both on your hull point bar and around your ship appearing.

NEW BUILD & SERVER RESET happening approx 10am Pacific Time

wolf and SPiEkY like this.
  7. Markoth

Markoth Member

I am grabbing lunch with some people and will be back shortly after this happens. Will be online most the day.

8. Coser

Coser Active Member

OK, so going through a Genari sector as a Sol officer, got the bug where I could not end the combat turn, and the clock froze at zero. Had to quit to get anything to happen.

9. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

Probably should reset the credits back to 1k

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Will we be getting the boosted 1k xp/lp this time around, too?

Yes, in a couple of days the active playtesters will be getting 1500xp boosts again. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2017
    darklord48 likes this.
  11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Loving the damage pop-up thingies, by the way.

darklord48 likes this.
  12. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

I noted that I can't adjust my scan resolution when I am in clouds....I had it maxed out looking around and spotted the enemy...moved in and crept along to get to the other side .

-If you mean the Nebula, your scanners are disabled while in them. -Vesuvius

13. Markoth

Markoth Member

Not really a bug but the profanity filter catches the word "tonight"

Edit: Holy crap I just discovered you can zoom in on map regions from the Galaxy Map. That is awesome.

-Going to get rid of that profanity filter altogether, its annoying -Vesuvius

wolf likes this.
  14. wolf

wolf New Member

Seriously loving the game. This is a great concept.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Yeah, that filter needs to cool its tits.

darklord48 likes this.
  16. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

Need that dmg indicator tool tip, hard to tell when I can move in for marine pod drop offs. Might try SOL after the reset, seems playing genari one can play with reckless abaondon & it's kinda fun

17. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

Do we have a discord channel or something yet?

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

So after getting destroyed countless times by the agile flyer haha, think I'll stay gen on launch :)

19. Coser

Coser Active Member

Think the weapons are bugged. Genari are dealing WAY too much damage, and able to absorb too much of the Orchis IV firepower! ;)

-All Genari ships are well-armored, and they are supposed to be stronger at the beginning, but I'm sure players noticed already that at Frigate level Sol starts catching up, and by Destroyer level they are about equal... after that Sol starts to dominate. Speaking of which, players are ignoring the Star Warrior, but that thing has even more firepower.

-However, because the skills can be easily abused here for playtesting (no combat requirements), ships like the Agile Flyer would not be as powerful in the real game because it would take a while for them to up their officer skills, and most would migrate to Frigates before pushing skills. -Vesuvius

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

I've been in Vegas for the DICE Summit (trying to get a meeting with Paradox Interactive -- wouldn't it be nice if they took over as publisher?) but back later this evening to do some admin updates -- and XP boosts will probably be added tomorrow. And I will get back to participating in the game itself.

SPiEkY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.