*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tchey

Tchey New Member

Yep, i got the 350 XP as an Alpha trick, i was just sharing my experience here. In full game, do we get XP upon death ? The XP should be the price of a basic ship, i think, so a player can always at least try to play more.
    -On a real game server, you'll only regain the exact value XP for your starter ship (not a generic 350) if you lose it, and any other starter ships you lose in the future. Anything Class IV onwards would not give you any XP bonus. -Vesuvius

I know it's supposed to be a MMOG, but it's obvious many players will also want to fight AI, not only players. On a low pop server, on unusual timezone, etc... For example i join a west-european server, but i wake up at night to play because i'm addicted, and i find the server is mostly empty, i will hunt AI to fullfil my needs.

However my comment was more about scaling. Is it a (horrible terrible) thing ?
    - I don't like scaling either (used to hate it on the Elder Scrolls Oblivion game). But right now the AI missions are temporary place holders until real quality scripted missions can come into play. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2017
  2. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

Game froze when I went to check out the battle que.

3. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

yeah, something like that also happened to me earlier. Only that I suddenly had the view of a sol ship.

Just now I'm having massive problems with the fissure heads of the Starwarrior III I'm flying. Yesterday they worked perfectly fine, but today I get a 100 general error and a 269 or something "not enough energy" error at the end of my allocation round every time I try to charge them. And as thus, I simply can't use them.
    - The missles on the StarWarrior III do work, but there is a counterfire bug with them right now. Don't activate the counterfire button with missiles. -Vesuvius

I also just got some experience and honor points after a battle. The HP are still there if I check in a dock, but the experience are just gone.

EDIT: Wait, now those exp are there again. Hm...
    - There is this 'refresh' for the XP for some reason, if you exit the program and restart, it would show for sure. -Vesuvius

4. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

This might sound like a dumb question, but how do you move...i was moving yesterday fine today I seem to be stuck...and my engines are working fine..

-Sounds like a bug, do the usual quit and restart.

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

One of the technical upgrades they're working on is the battle queue -- putting you in observer mode instead of just a blank screen saying 'waiting for queue'. So you can observe the action going on before you transit in. Along with many other things, the transit stage creates a cascade of bugs with players who already are in a combat situation.

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Maybe because I'm playing Sol, but some of you Genari players are doing a great job in defending your borders.

7. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

Think I am just going to stick to a III for awhile, randomly blowing up is getting old lol

Agile Flyer II...DEPLOY

8. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

You are right, this way they work. But, I still get the error and I can only charge them sometimes. Also I had a general error when trying to pass a turn and I wasn't able to do this.
    EDIT: The last few turns they weren't working at all again. I will just try another ship, as I've been reduced to rubble. Also, in the station everything is in genari. Makes sense but I can't understand that

- That isn't Genari, there's a bug that when you play for a while, the text becomes garbled. Just log out and restart the game, all will be good.

9. Maric

Maric New Member

Also reminder that the Hive and Ma'Alaketh regions have some really tough ships, so if you go there, you might get one-shot killed. The goal is to fight the sol and genari" somehow I missed that. Good to know!

10. darklord48

darklord48 Member

A couple hours into playing, the text on my screen became scrambled. If I clicked on a button with scrambled text, it became clear, but other buttons would become scrambled.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Member

So far I feel like Marines are lacking. Even in a tier 4 ship, I'm unable to use my 3 pods of marines to stop a single ship. I learned the hard way that shields block the pods, but it makes sense.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Member

Flying Class 3 Star Warrior I keep getting General Error when I try to ready my lasers and warheads in the same round. I end up with nothing readied.

After further testing, it's just not letting me ready the warheads at all. I was able to ready my lasers without issue, as long as I didn't also try to ready warheads.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  13. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

jup, I told about that one above.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Member

I can't ready them at all, even without counterfire.

15. wolf

wolf New Member

wait how do you use warheads and laserrs I don't understand

16. darklord48

darklord48 Member

17. wolf

wolf New Member

I don't understand. It says my weapons do damage

18. darklord48

darklord48 Member

Are you the player Wolffleet that I saw in a battle not more than ten minutes ago? I saw Wolffleet flying a support ship. Otherwise if you're not, that link I provided has basic instructions on how to play.

19. wolf

wolf New Member

Yes I am. I get it thanks

20. darklord48

darklord48 Member

You just entered the system I'm in. My pilot name is Algor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.