General Q&A? Ask here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Officers are always the same set for your ships, so no matter what Sol ship you get for example, it will have only one Helmsman, Science, Engineer, Medical and Weapons Officer.

2. JansenC

JansenC Member

I also had a question about starting. Say if you start, and lose your first ship, what happens then? Do you start a new account or get your ship to respawn?

3. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

You get another (starter) ship for free.

JansenC likes this.
  4. JansenC

JansenC Member

Oh, thanks, good to know. So many threads here hard to find it out.

5. dredknight

dredknight New Member

Is the game going to be playable through Android OS?

I did sign for this KS project and I wonder if I could play it through it.

6. Kahless

Kahless Member

I can't say for sure, but I think its PC-Mac game only. So you'd need a keyboard/mouse.

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

Potkeny & Kahless are correct.

8. dredknight

dredknight New Member

This thing actually makes the phone like desktop and adds keyboard and mouse. If the game will be browser based it will depend on the adroid browser compatibility.

9. Hexxx

Hexxx Member

Well it would be interesting if you could play the game on your phone, at least chat/coordinate with your allies if you're not able to play at the moment.

10. Coser

Coser Active Member

Maybe not the complete game, but I could see an eventual 'add-on' being released. Maybe something like Fallout 4's Pipboy app? Something you don't need to play the game, but maybe some sort of 'viewscreen'app?

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

We were playing around with a touchscreen laptop, and its interesting to see commands work on it -- very Star Trek: Next Generation-like. But first we must get the game properly off the ground, and since its going to be steam-based, I don't think cell phones work with steam?

12. lefty

lefty Member

How are things going with Steam integration? Is everything green-lit on their side? Is Space Wars going to be Steam exclusive?

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

The game is currently being tested in steam, so we actually play through steam. SW will be steam exclusive, because it helps us connect with steam PR/staff better (and greatly facilitates user-friendliness on install & Mac/PC issues.

14. SirElric

SirElric Member

Rumor has it that it may end up on playstation too?

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yes, the rumor is true, but that would be a lot later, after the game has launched and the beta period is long over.

16. Goregasm

Goregasm New Member

Is this able to currently be played anywhere? All I see is sign up and I don't see it on Steam.

Apex Predator likes this.
  17. SirElric

SirElric Member

It isn't out yet, and I think there's invite only internal beta testing.

18. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

Here is what Vesuvius (dev-guy) said a while back:

Apex Predator likes this.
  19. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

Will larger ships occupy more than one hex in combat?

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

No, not even the dreadnoughts occupy more than one hex. A hex is supposed to = 1000km, but of course, we made the ships fill in the hex otherwise you wouldn't be able to see them haha.

wolf likes this.