Poll: What faction(s) are you guys most interested in checking out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SPiEkY, Oct 2, 2016.

?

Which faction(s) are you most interested in?

1. Sol Imperial Worlds

23.1%
  2. Genari United Empire

24.1%
  3. Ma'Alaketh Confederation

39.8%
  4. The Hive

47.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JansenC

JansenC Member

Hive first choice, Genari second.

2. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

Are the Ma'Alaketh the snipers of the game?

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

It sounds like some of their ships will most definitely be sniper-types, but I'm sure they'll have a decent spread.

Side note, I can't believe how even this poll has been the entire time it's been running. Hopefully that translates to pretty even sides, number-wise.

4. Coser

Coser Active Member

One big difference SPiEkY, on the poll you can vote for all of the races, should you choose, but once you are in the game, you can't play more than one faction at a time. so when people are forced to pick one OR the other, the results may be quite different.

Personally I like the idea of going Sol for my first play, Genari for my second. Then I'll probably try Genari again, but using more 'Sol' type tactics, finish off with a Sol play using Genari type tactics. That will give me a nice, even base to determine which I like the most, and I'll stick to that until the next playable race is introduced. I think I will always have a soft spot for my initial Sol play through and the 'full' Genari though, So I will probably gravitate between those two most of the time.

But I also voted for The other two races, as I am intrigued as to how they would play like.

ben and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Nickman77

Nickman77 Member

The malaketh ships look like long sniper rifles. I wonder if they are going to be camping types too.

6. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

I'm curious as to the trade of the Ma'kaleth will have, I mean they have the strongest shields in the game at tier 5, so what is the weakness to that for balancing purposes??

7. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

I'd think so to!

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

I think those tier 5 shields you are talking about would only be for their largest ships like the battleships and dreadnoughts.

9. TommyBZ

TommyBZ New Member

** Bump ** With 200+ people registered on this forum we should see twice as many votes on here! I want to see one of these factions win over another.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Tchey

Tchey New Member

I don't. Fair share is good.

11. NegativeBurn

NegativeBurn New Member

I really look forward to playing Hive. Seems like they have great potential for truly alien ship design (figures crossed for Lovecraftian inspired ships) :)

Apex Predator likes this.
  12. haroldkin

haroldkin New Member

Quite honestly, all four look interesting.

Sol - I like the look of the ships and the defense minded philosophy of their design.
    Genari - The scrappy rabble-rousers.
    Ma'alaketh - Best looking ships of the four. Interesting back story and possibly bearers of the most interesting tech.
    Hive - The continually adaptive and regenerative nature of their ships is most intriguing.

Apex Predator likes this.
  13. gegener

gegener Member

Ma'Alaketh Confederation& hive make me dream on the paper ^^

14. J.Sousa

J.Sousa New Member

Right now both races I'm 50/50 on, I can't pick a preference. I had picked Genari way back when on this voting page but now I have feels for both.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

There's more Genari votes here but I see more people playing Sol.

16. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

I'm starting to have a strong affection for Genari. I started as Sol for the longest time, but with the Genari tutorial being added I played around with their ships and I like some of the Orc-like ways they play as.

fox likes this.
  17. Tiwaz

Tiwaz New Member

I personally am looking forward to the Confederation for one simple reason: Those slick ship designs.

18. Reliant

Reliant New Member

I'm a Federation Man, so I picked the Human faction. I also like their ship designs.

19. ison

ison New Member

I'm torn between the Confederation and the Hive. It is pretty cool to see a fairly even split in interest for all the factions.

20. Sire of Suns

Sire of Suns New Member

I like aliens. Can't do vanilla.

If you know what I mean.