Faction Spotlight: Genari United Empire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Kahless

Kahless Member

Agreed with person above, the Genari have a lot more firepower. Marines are just a bonus to all of it. And I love the tactical officer :)

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

By the way, here's a sampling of the Genari language -- It is mostly used for when you name your ship, the lettering will appear on your ship.

2.jpg

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Interesting! The Genari remind me of the Vikings of the game.

4. CpZen

CpZen Member

Looks almost middle-eastern. Is that intentional?

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

It is actually, I derived it from my own language, Persian, which I can read and write.

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. JansenC

JansenC Member

Interesting. I had another question about the Genari, if they are more outdated on their technology, do they travel slower between sectors compared to Sol?

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

Traveling through regions in space will be the same speed for all races, however skills like 'dark matter astrophysics' and some unique ships might be faster.

8. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

How long does it take to go from one adjacent sector to the next?

9. Vesuvius_SWIE

Only a few seconds of real time. Skills like Dark Matter astrophysics allow you to get to a destination faster than another player or opponent (thus putting you in the queue for battle in that region ahead of another).

10. J.Sousa

J.Sousa New Member

Back to the Genari topic. The ship stats talk about characters like Nova Commander Roshagh and different Matriarchs, are these something we'll see as characters in the game? (or playable as)

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Hey J, those are 'flavor' based stories that come up in the novel, but you won't see them in the game itself, unless one day my dream of a complex single-player campaign comes true.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

I'd definitely be up for a single player campaign like the ones you see on Homm.

13. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

Usually singleplayer campaigns cost more (in time and in $$) to add than the hours players will play it brings in, even more for a f2p game. If the game is really successful, we can hope for one : )

(You can see this with all the shooters released nowadays, cheap-sh*t singleplayer, more developed multi with skins/etc to buy. And lots of them are not even f2p.)

14. MLocke

MLocke Member

I'm all about the multiplayer so the campaign stuff doesn't matter to me.

15. Coser

Coser Active Member

Every 'server' is a campaign. you just don't have the usual MMO trash quests.

Instead of "Go 40m over there, bash 'x' small creatures on the head until you have 'y' <dropname>, return to <character> for small reward.", you have "Here is a galaxy. Ensure your race survives the attentions of the other expansionist powers in it." which is MUCH better!

16. Kahless

Kahless Member

If single player gives me experience and how to play, I'll take it! but yeah, as Genari I plan to roleplay against the IMPERIALISTIC Humans.

17. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

The Genari will always intrigue me because of their ship designs. I think it will be more rewarding to play them as well.

18. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

I see the Genari as a higher-risk higher-reward Brave Warrior, who will try to bring a sword to a gunfight... or a pistol to a sniper-duel :D Sure, if you can win you get more (honor), but it'll be not that easy to do so.

19. Sarah

Sarah New Member

So there aren't any female Genari avatars right? Because the males are all the footsoldiers of the race, and the females run the show behind the scenes?

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yes, all the Genari captains are male.