Preview: Space Stations

Discussion in 'The Shipyard & Guides' started by Senshu, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

2. Nickman77

Nickman77 Member

Looks like the thing has major detail.

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Finally built two Space Station ship cards, this should give you detailed stats on the biggest Sol & Genari ones (homeworld types exception -- those are bigger)

windsor.jpg

marguzsh.jpg

wolf likes this.
  4. Kahless

Kahless Member

Looks like the Sol space station is stronger in every way, I see now how Genari is behind in technology.

Apex Predator likes this.
  5. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

Though the damage output of the genari station seems to be 80% stronger.

6. MLocke

MLocke Member

so space stations can't move, but can they rotate?

7. Coser

Coser Active Member

I would imagine that either they can, or they use turreted weapons so they can track targets.

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

The stations are fixed, and do not rotate, so their force fields and weapons remain fixed for that arc.

9. Makevelian

Makevelian New Member

So in theory a tactic to taking out these stations is you can have your team focus and stay on one side, and avoid the firepower coming in from the other sides.

10. Coser

Coser Active Member

Providing there are no ships at the station. They could undock and come after you.

Apex Predator likes this.
  11. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

Defenders with a space station behind them would definitely have an advantage because they could repair and have that protective sphere of weapons from the station and its sensor range.

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator

Also, if the enemy captures all the sectors around your station depending on the type of station you will still be able to launch ships form the station. More or less functioning as a forward operations point. This should be a fairly rare occurance because the enemy will likely want to destroy the station as quickly as they can.

13. MLocke

MLocke Member

Are there other images/cards of the stations you'll be posting soon? I know there is bigger and smaller types from what you've posted above.

14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator

Ta-Da! We have been revising the scale of the stations to get the proportions of them in relation to ships just right. There will continue to be adjustments, but here is a sneak peek of a Sol Station. See if you can identify what class it is based on the previous preview materials that have been posted. This should be an easy one, or is it?

Station1.jpg
    Station2.jpg
    Station3.jpg

15. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

Its got to be one of the larger ones, class 12 or 13.

16. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

Although this looks pretty much as a Windsor station I would say it's a class 13 Station, because it's orbited above earth.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

Yup, that is the Earth station, there's only one of them in the game.

18. CpZen

CpZen Member

Station have become a lot tougher. Even the etna station that I've been used to taking on as a frigate (firebolt) pounds you so hard with all its lasers you don't stand a chance. Only a coordinated attack with three or more players I think could take on the first tier stations.

19. SirElric

SirElric Member

A lot tougher for sure! I went near one and it didn't even give me a chance to escape, it kept firing what seemed like unlimited shots.

20. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

What a beautiful shot of my hometown!
    fafa.jpg