3D SHIP VIEWER!

Discussion in 'Media & Updates' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 17, 2016.

1. sokolov

sokolov Moderator

One of my favorites as well.

2. Makevelian

Makevelian New Member

afa.jpg If there is a goal, it would be this ship for me. The Montana Cruiser. I've always been into ships that look like these, from Starship Troopers to Homeworld and Eve Online.

Coser likes this.
  3. Coser

Coser Active Member

Well, I tried, but have had no joy so far. I seem to have downloaded the program OK, but when I chose the ship I wanted, I got an empty starscape instead. Not going to have time tonight after work, but will try again tomorrow night. Unless someone tells me that a certain MK4 Class 3 vessel has an illegal cloaking mechanism, that is! ;)

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Strange that you have that problem; I'm not a good tech support guy, but it sounds almost like the 3D stuff isn't coming on... because of a video card thing?
    I haven't posted a ship yet, so I'll post a Class 3 (Corvette) Type IV ship on random:
    Bengbu Type IV -- The most well-rounded variant of the Bengbu.
    0.jpg

Coser likes this.
  5. lefty

lefty Member

If I had to pick, I like that new ship that is for kickstarter. The Predator Frigate? Looks very different from most of the Genari ships. Here's a photo I cropped. predator.jpg

6. Coser

Coser Active Member

OK, had a good look last night and can see the ships now, don't know why I couldn't previously. It is now clear to me that I much prefer the designs of the mid-class ships for both Sol and Genari to those of the higher classes in general, so I don't mind if I don't get to command those.

I still think I need some technical advice, however. I couldn't seem to find a built-in screen-grab function, so I tried the old fall-back of "Print Screen". Then I found out my Win10 machine does not have paint, so I was stuck for how to paste that file and save it.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Member

Go to imgur.com and you can hit Ctrl+V to paste a new post.

8. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

afa.jpg I'm still on win7 here. I'm surprised nobodys done the biggest ships and I love the Colossus Dreadnought! I'd like to see it against one of the smaller ships for scale. Look at the size of those engines!

9. Coser

Coser Active Member

Thanks for that. Not been much of a poster of stuff before. Is there something similar for Photobucket - I already have an account with them. :confused::(o_O

10. Jmp2x

Jmp2x Member

Are you sure there isn't an MS paint on win10?

11. Nickman77

Nickman77 Member

I thought I'd contribute:
    aaaa.jpg
    It looks very mechanical, and I like the angles on what I guess is the bridge. Its the First Honor Frigate

12. Kai55

Kai55 New Member

exeter.jpg
    A strange-looking ship, but it has a presence.

13. darklord48

darklord48 Member

I'm not sure, about photobucket. imgur doesn't require an account to use it.

14. Coser

Coser Active Member

Found out what that was all about. I had used the mouse wheel to look down the variants, and decreased the zoom until I could not see the ship! D'oh!

So anyway, Orchis IV
    [​IMG]

and the Honourbound IV
    [​IMG]

But I think I have also spotted a repair tender in the pack
    [​IMG]

and a supply tender.
    [​IMG]

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Both of those are repair tenders -- The Genshai repair tender, and the Elbe Light repair tender

16. Coser

Coser Active Member

Now I presumed the Elbe to be a supply tender. Large bays for swift transfer of cargo, and of course the plan view very similar to a Corellian Transport class vessel. ;)

[Edit]: And I've also recently noticed the similarities with a certain Wanderer class transport vessel, the "Scorpio" from season 4 of the British TV series "Blake's 7"

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  17. SirElric

SirElric Member

11.jpg I just noticed how the smaller hive thing's back pulsates like a heartbeat. Pretty cool.

18. Hexxx

Hexxx Member

You're right, I hadn't noticed that pulsation. The larger one seems to have moving tentacles too.

19. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

I'll never play it, but damn, the Firefly is awesome..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. TommyBZ

TommyBZ New Member

aaaa.jpg Brings me back memories of the good old Wing Commander series...