Suggestions for future development

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zuuwly, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Zuuwly

Zuuwly New Member

So I wanted to start a new thread where people could post their ideas for future development for all aspects of the game be it mechanics , social or balance .

It appeared to me that a lot of suggestions were spread all over throughout the forums which of course made it difficult for any of the development team to keep track .

I would first like to say that as everyone is aware the development team is extremely busy and can only do so much so please be patient.

Zer0CoolAZ and dbK like this.
  2. Baalrog

Baalrog Member

I would suggest taking another look at the mechanics of marine pods vs healing bays. Most genari t6 have 5-6 pods. Mercury crew should be around 230. So with 5 pods i can kill about 60 crew it works out nicely. This crew will be mostly recovered after 2 turns, actually after 1 turn, because the first turn, is just after the attack, with just 1 point for the medical officer, so after the merc got 1 capture points. The pods are done for this fight.
    So to make the marine pods useful at this lvl at least 3 genari ships would have to pod one merc in one turn, otherwise it is not going to have an impact. And i have no idea how u would be able to kill all crew on a sol ship to make use of the commandeer skill when it comes.

On a sidenote the medbays also allow sol to recover from crew losses from weapon damage much faster while genari would have to invest repair points which are much lower.

To me that seems quite a huge advantage for sol, from just 1 point for the medical officer. Above t6 it gets much worse in regard to marine pods cause the ship crews are even bigger.

Zuuwly likes this.
  3. Zuuwly

Zuuwly New Member

The MaL and Hive I believe don't have Crew in their ships and if we see little effect on sols higher tier ships then my question to the developers would be is this how you intended marines to be?

4. Baalrog

Baalrog Member

Another thing i would suggest especially to help new players:
    There is a lot of useful info on the loading screens. Unfortunately sometimes they go by rather quick and u cant recheck them. How about putting the pictures in with the structure and ship glossary as an extra category? This way the players can look up the info by themselves and also recheck it easier when it seems appropriate.
    Also maybe put info in there like the sector limits in regard to ship sizes and the power requirements for the different ship tiers.

5. JBHemlock

JBHemlock New Member

I'd like to see more of a role for smaller ship. Currently there are a few things like system caps that sort of favor them, but whenever small and large ships are on the same map it's a simple "big trumps small" mechanic. If we had something where weapon's damage fell off against much smaller ships, there would be a reason for each side to bring a range of ships, and we might see some really interesting battles with big ships duking it out between themselves while small ships zipped between them fighting each other.

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

There is a fix coming where the med bays don't automatically heal like that, they require repair points. There's also a consideration for reducing med bay strength by 50% for each level (except for benevolence).

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

Small ships are now faster... you can truly hit and run if you do it right.

JBHemlock and Zuuwly like this.
  8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Not a bad idea.

9. Zer0CoolAZ

Zer0CoolAZ Administrator Staff Member

I agree with this idea. With the game on my SSD, I usually only catch a glimpse of these screens unless something hangs. It almost comes up like a slideshow that's going too quickly. (It's a happy first world issue though since it's just because the hardware. Not a game bug)

Zuuwly likes this.
  10. Zuuwly

Zuuwly New Member

So having spoke to a few on discord about it and getting positive feedback I'd like to open up a discussion about follower ships ( support ships) and their names.

We on Genari this server have been having a lot of fun making up stories about our NpC captains and how they perform and it was discussed how much more fun it would be if they could keep their names all the time or even that you could give them a name yourself , maybe with a credit cost . We all liked the idea and so I open it up to the rest of the players to see what you think also .

11. Baalrog

Baalrog Member

Does the 24 hour xp bonus count the game time or the RL Time?

Genari AI need a modifier too close the distance to enemy ships if they can. The way it is now Sol AI are more effective cause they have higher accuracy so standing while shooting doesnt affect them as negatively as the Genari AI.

Would it be possible to post a basic Roadmap for further development? Like what faction is coming next and about when - 2nd quarter 2018/2nd half 2018 - something like that. Doesnt need to be to precise just to give us a basic idea.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018