Faction Spotlight: Ma'Alaketh Confederation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Very little is known about this race, other than that they are centuries ahead in technology compared to Sol and Genari. Although they do not seem to be interested in any form of conflict with the two warring races, they diligently protect their borders from any intrusion. The few fleet assaults by Genari have been met with swift retaliation. As far as it is known, no major Ma’Alaketh ship has ever been destroyed, as their combined force field and dampening field technology makes them seem invincible. Add to it, their particle beams have a range that far exceeds even the most advanced Sol plasma beams. It is believed that they have been observing Human and Sanethi civilizations develop before space travel, with a strong belief in non-interference. The extent by which the Confederation has expanded in the other direction is unknown.

Attached Files:

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. NightWolf

NightWolf Member

What is a dampening field? ie. What does it do in the game?

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Its a system (that requires a lot of energy to power up -- especially for the larger ships) that makes it harder for enemy ships to accurately hit the Ma'Alaketh ship. It also makes them harder to detect at long ranges. Some might call it a 'cloaking device', but not exactly so -- it can still be seen and fired upon.

4. Krackenhead

Krackenhead New Member

Should be interesting

5. MLocke

MLocke Member

The race seems very strong, what is their weakness then against humans or genari then?

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

They may have long range weapons, but the power output is actually weaker overall, and they take up so much space, they are almost like a sniper rifle vs. a machine gun. Also their crew is substantially/physically weaker (think of area 51 aliens). Their ships cost a lot more XP as well.

7. NightWolf

NightWolf Member

The ma'alaketh remind me of hidden snipers, from how its explianed

8. Jmp2x

Jmp2x Member

Do you have an image of what the crew looks like?

9. Vesuvius_SWIE

These were the concepts a while back, (area 51 alien style)
    A- was considered the ideal
    B- was too evil looking
    C- more human like
    D- even more ideal
    E- Possibly the final choice

1.jpg

fox and Ormagodon like this.
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

B is a little menacing, but it's also totally my favorite

darklord48 likes this.
  11. darklord48

darklord48 Member

I like E the best, followed by B, but I'd change the eyes. D is too feline around the mouth.

12. SirElric

SirElric Member

B looks crazy evil! Like C the most

13. Cromgore

Cromgore New Member

Really love the look of E concept.

14. Malkav

Malkav New Member

I really like B. A is a close second. The big creepy eyes are much better than D or E.

15. calisk

calisk New Member

yep sounds like what I expected they will be my high cost , high hp glass cannon st proxies.

I also love sniper tactics =)

darklord48 likes this.
  16. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

How do these ships keep up with the other ones? There's only 3 ships in the shipyard? Do they level past the teir they are bought at or up to the next level ship available?

17. Vesuvius_SWIE

Because the beta launches with Sol and Genari only, we've only created three ships for the other two races. When Ma'Alaketh becomes playable in the future, it will then have a full set of ships like Sol/Genari.

18. JansenC

JansenC Member

I agree with E

19. Coser

Coser Active Member

But why limit yourself to only one? For example,

C is a captain class, minor variants going for player avatars.
    D is general officer class, helmsman, science officer, etc.
    E with the smaller eyes and gills on the face is the engineering class. Smaller eyes need less protection, gills maybe able to filter out contaminants in the air if the engines get damaged.
    B the equivalent of marines. Scary to the enemy, and probably very single minded.

Apex Predator likes this.
  20. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

Does it pay off then at the end? I'm just trying to understand the power structure here. Since their ships cost more xp does that mean that they are more powerful At said level vs its same level counterparts?