*** OPEN BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VII ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

The Early Access Beta on Steam will run through Fall of 2018; until then there will be consistent updates and features being added.
    Players who have access to the internal beta will be posting here to discuss the game, report bugs, and talk strategy.

12/19/2017 Server Reset:
    With massive updates to balancing and gameplay changes after 10 days of early beta testing, there has been a reset of the server with all the new features implemented. Players who had gained XP through the progress of this early server are given bonus Credits to use in the in-game store, along with legacy awards that are permanent to the player's record.
    There will be NO other future server resets until full completion and victory of one race over the other.

12/19/17 Build Update:

• Addressed an issue where some sectors were not becoming correctly locked after being captured.
    • Ship explosion animations will no longer block being able to move or attack.
    • The XP popup will no longer block being able to move or attack.
    • Fixed an issue where the turn bar would not put ships in the correct order.
    • AI controlled ships will no longer count towards the faction limit restriction for players.
    • AI controlled combat ships will now be identified as NPC to better indicate which ships are player controlled.
    • The NPC civilian ships now have new turnbar icons to differentiate them from combat ships.
    • Damaging an enemy ship’s engines now awards XP.
    • Addressed an issue were the in-combat ship details was displaying the incorrect information when the ship was destroyed or warping out.
    • Successful region defense now awards XP in proportion to the map capture point value.
    • The Genari captain abilities Rally Offensive have been changed. Tier 1 no longer gives a damage bonus. Tier 2’s damage bonus has been reduced to +1 to all weapons.
    • Fixed an issue where ship systems disabled by one environment hazard would not update if the ship moves to another hazard node.
    • Fixed an issue where the auto end turn wouldn’t trigger when pass turn was used.
    • Fixed an issue where the auto end turn wouldn’t trigger if a weapon system was damaged from counterfire.
    • A single movement command can now be queued up while your weapons are still firing.
    • Fixed an issue where wreckage wasn’t properly being removed from maps after 2 hours.
    • Wreckage can no longer be generated on the docking nodes for space stations.
    • The Sol and Genari tutorials have been updated to highlight the specific systems that needs to be powered.
    • Fixed an issue on the server select screen where the panel could become stuck after deleting a captain.
    • Fixed an issue on the server select screen where upcoming servers could appear in the center column.
    • The server select screen will now prioritize active servers over upcoming servers in the listing.
    • Players using a support class as their primary ship will now be awarded XP based on the following criteria:
      • Repair Tenders: +5 XP for every repair point given to other players
      • Troop Ship: +10 XP for every marine pod given
      • Medical Vessel: +10 XP for every 10% crew heal given
    • Fixed an issue where the Sol Military Freighter’s warp out effect appears in the wrong direction.
    • The duration for beam weapons animations has been increased.
    • Kill experience is now evenly divided amongst the players of the attacking faction in the sector.
    • The officer page on the Spacedock has been updated to better convey upgrading and region captured/defended requirements.
    • Ship weapons icons now have a visual effect if accuracy is being modified by a skill.
    • Ship engine bar now have a visual effect if stress engines is used.
    • Added a notice message if the server is offline for maintenance.
    12/21/17 Update:

A Mini Update to the Server:
    -With all the improvements to gameplay speed and movement enhancement, turn timers are now being reduced from 60 seconds to 50 seconds. (Allocation Phase, Combat Phase).
    -Single Player missions now are available up to Captain Level 5 (up from Captain Level 3).
    -Region Capture Lock timer now reduced from 12 hours to 7 hours.

12/28/17 Build Update:
    • The available factions on the character creation screen will now be randomly ordered instead of Sol always being on the left.
    • When the server is down for maintenance clicking quit will now close the application.
    • The ship roster on the Spacedock now outlines the currently selected ship in addition to displaying the ship’s name.
    • Officers will now display their level on the Spacedock.
    • All officers for a ship are now selectable on each officer's screens.
    • The officer screen will now display the level of each officer on the ship.
    • The ship skill Dark Matter Astrophysics will now function the same as rank 1 of the officer skill of the same name.
    • Fixed an issue where sometimes debris would be invisible to players.
    • The skill Honorable Death will no longer award Honor Points in Skirmish simulations.
    • The skill Honorable Death will now only give Honor Points.
    • AI ships should no longer be receiving a share of the XP awarded from a ship’s destruction in combat.
    • The Advanced Med Bays ship skill will now double the amount of crew repaired per repair point used.
    • Officer sector defenses will now be displayed as a decimal point.
    • XP earned from destroying NPC ships will now be reduced based on the player’s captain level.
    • The AI director has had its aggression level adjusted.
    Space Wars Patch Notes 1/3/2018

General
    • Permanent death on all class 4 and above ships including their officers has been removed and replaced with a cooldown timer. Once destroyed the ship will go on cooldown in the player’s roster for a set amount of time depending on its class. Permanent death on all class 1-3 ships is still active but they have no cooldown.
      • Class 4-5: 2 days 12 hours
      • Class 6: 2 days 21 hours
      • Class 7: 3 days 11 hours
      • Class 8: 4 days
      • Class 9-10: 4 days 15 hours
    • The Genari captain skill Honorable Death will now reduce the cooldown duration of ships by a percentage amount based on the skill tier.
      • Honorable Death I: reduces the cooldown by 30%
      • Honorable Death II: reduces the cooldown by 60%
    • The Sol officer skill Emergency Escape will now reduce the cooldown duration of ships by a percentage amount based on the skill tier.
      • Emergency Escape I - reduces the cooldown by 10%
      • Emergency Escape II - reduces the cooldown by 20%
      • Emergency Escape III - reduces the cooldown by 30%
      • Emergency Escape IV - reduces the cooldown by 40%
      • Emergency Escape V - reduces the cooldown by 60%
    • Travel to isolated friendly sectors from an enemy controlled sector is no longer permitted.
    • New Sol and Genari premium captain portraits have been added to the game.
    • Fixed an issue where unopposed would be incorrectly triggered in combat resulting in gradual depletion of the defender’s siege points.
    • The game will now do a better job handling resolution of combat if there is a ship in transit.
    • Overhauled the leaderboard to address several issues with displaying information.
    • Each ship class now has a specified faction value that contributes to the faction limit for a sector. The values are:
      • Class 1-3 Ships = 1
      • Class 4 Ships = 2
      • Class 5-6 Ships = 3
      • Class 7-8 Ships = 4
      • Class 9-10 Ships = 5
    • If a sector has reached the max combined ship value for a given faction players of that faction will no longer be able to travel to that region instead of entering the queue.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    MLocke likes this.
  2. Zer0CoolAZ

Zer0CoolAZ Administrator Staff Member

Huzzah! Huge patch notes! :D

3. Suno

Suno Member

Good patch, I hope we get all the big issues hammered out soon! so the war cycle goes smoothly.
    Especially happy with the shared exp, since it promotes teamwork and not kill sniping and overall ineffective plays.
    Keep up the good work mate.

4. MLocke

MLocke Member

Things are flowing so much better in battle now. Fights are faster with those blue updates, and the XP is good too. Best; The turn bar fix.

5. Castillo

Castillo New Member

Liking the updates so far. Yet, haven't had a chance to test them ingame but i'm def. looking forward to it. Good Job Ves!

6. X54

X54 New Member

Good Job Team!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  7. Beernchips

Beernchips Member

Is it intended that Sol Orchis 3 is not existing anymore ?

8. infested

infested Member

Ves i have literally played for over 3 hours today and i am getting 1/4 of the usual exp due to the shared exp with ai ships.

Those ships almost contribute nothing to the battle and steal all the exp from our kills. This is unacceptable and even worse than the old kill steal system. At least with the old system you could go 1vs1 and farm.

This is completely unacceptable. It makes the game 4+ times more grindy when that was already a problem. You need to completely remove the shared xp with the ai system ASAP.

Also i ve noticed that if your teammates are bad and missing kills it hurts you too real bad. For example in the 3 hours i tested it i had 7 kills and my teammates contributed 2 with same rank ships.

So i think the most fair system would be to completely make the xp % based on damage/healing and nothing else.

But even if you decide against it the shared exp with AI is a complete disaster and must be stopped immediately!

9. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix New Member

Bug Report:

Had a movement bug on this map. There was a hidden blocker to the back left of the ai ship next to me the turn before and I barely got to move directly behind it and fire before running out of time the turn before. Next turn I could not move with mouse or keyboard, though I could fire weapons, problem persisted to the next round as well. So, I logged out and back in. Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

10. Eidolon

Eidolon New Member

I've encountered many movement bugs on different maps. I will try to move into position behind an enemy ship and find out I cannot move to that hex. Wether I clicked on it, or tried using WASD, I was unable to move into a completely open hex showing no debris or obstacle of any kind. This has happened a few times now.

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

A Mini Update to the Server:
    -With all the improvements to gameplay speed and movement enhancement, turn timers are now being reduced from 60 seconds to 50 seconds. (Allocation Phase, Combat Phase).
    -Single Player missions now are available up to Captain Level 5 (up from Captain Level 3).
    -Region Capture Lock timer now reduced from 12 hours to 7 hours.

12. Onifrk

Onifrk New Member

Thanks for all the updates and hard work.

13. Beernchips

Beernchips Member

A few bugs to report :
    For first honor frigate : laser have the same bonus damage as heavy laser (so +2 at 1-2 range / +1 at 3-4 range) whereas tooltip says +1 at 1-2 range
    When you or an ally kill a ship and die in the blow up it gives control point like if you did 2 kills

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  14. Halcyon

Halcyon New Member

Found an issue with the T6 Sol Mercury III. It's passive ability says it is Dark Matter Astrophysics, which is written the same as the engineer officer ability, does not appear to work.

20171223050340_1.jpg
    20171223042857_1.jpg

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

Quick Christmas Patch:
    All locked ships are now unlocked!
    In addition:
    -Mercury Class VI Light Cruiser ship skill is now Armored Intrinsic Beam Mounts: Beam weapons cannot be damaged.
    -AFK players are disconnected after 5 minutes of no keyboard or mouse input.

Before people ask for other fixes/patches, remember that the programmers have lives (not me though), aka holidays, there's no patches or updates from them until the holidays are over. This quick patch/update is something I could do in my server admin.

ben and MungFuSensei like this.
  16. Onifrk

Onifrk New Member

Thank you good sir. Wish them all happy holidays and you as well.

ben likes this.
  17. Suno

Suno Member

Thanks for the patch man, don't push yourself too hard enjoy the holidays with us! in space wars.

ben and Onifrk like this.
  18. Halcyon

Halcyon New Member

Yes, no need to push yourself. It is incredible that you try to address every minor issue as it pops up, but we are enjoying the game, and when we do find issues, just reporting them to let you guys know about it, not necessarily expecting them to be addressed within hours. Happy holidays, and seriously, take it easy and make time for yourself as well.

ben and Onifrk like this.
  19. MungFuSensei

MungFuSensei New Member

Thank you for unlocking the ships. Even if you plan on putting the locks back eventually, the unlocks are good for testing/balance purposes. I vastly appreciate you listening to your community on this issue.

I had been holding off on reviewing until this issue had been addressed, and now that it has, I have no problem submitting a positive review. Hell, I'll even pick up some credits.

ccX, ben and Onifrk like this.
  20. Vesuvius_SWIE

Update!
    • The available factions on the character creation screen will now be randomly ordered instead of Sol always being on the left.
    • When the server is down for maintenance clicking quit will now close the application.
    • The ship roster on the Spacedock now outlines the currently selected ship in addition to displaying the ship’s name.
    • Officers will now display their level on the Spacedock.
    • All officers for a ship are now selectable on each officer's screens.
    • The officer screen will now display the level of each officer on the ship.
    • The ship skill Dark Matter Astrophysics will now function the same as rank 1 of the officer skill of the same name.
    • Fixed an issue where sometimes debris would be invisible to players.
    • The skill Honorable Death will no longer award Honor Points in Skirmish simulations.
    • The skill Honorable Death will now only give Honor Points.
    • AI ships should no longer be receiving a share of the XP awarded from a ship’s destruction in combat.
    • The Advanced Med Bays ship skill will now double the amount of crew repaired per repair point used.
    • Officer sector defenses will now be displayed as a decimal point.
    • XP earned from destroying NPC ships will now be reduced based on the player’s captain level.
    • The AI director has had its aggression level adjusted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.