[Poll] Week of 17DEC18 Server Reset

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Gazy, Dec 18, 2017.

?

Reset the beta server on 22DEC18 to fix the current balance issues

Poll closed Dec 21, 2017.
  1. Yes, reset it

23 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. No, leave it alone

21 vote(s)
    47.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026062536/recommended/574070/

yup, this is the straw that broke this camel's back. Server reset tonight.

The perception of Genari OP will be reality, as long as this keeps on snowballing, and we will get more and more negative reviews (from only Sol players of course).

Advanced players will get the first legacy medals & awards to their account.

2. Suno

Suno Member

It's probably going to be the same in like in a week it's just going to be the same shit again? New player will join people are in t5's they get shit on they quit. This game is never going to be able to be played casually to any great result.

You are just about to implement exp share, why would you reset the server without giving time to see how it works? What if you reset add all these changes they completely imbalance the server after making so much progress with it and you have to reset again.

The easier accumulation of experience might be what turns negative views into positive ones, I almost had a t6 :) now i don't even get to pilot it(little bit salty)

As one of the few players on the SOL leader board I can say that the Snowball is not out of control.

To clarify, i'm not 100% against the reset but it's too early in my opinion.

NOTE: I absolutely think this game is great and has an amazing amount of potential. I respect what you have done with it and what you hope to achieve. It will probably still retain my time and attention no matter what you do.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    petlahk likes this.
  3. Korsun

Korsun New Member

I voted against the reset but either ways, I love this game and will continue to support it:)

4. Narfi

Narfi New Member

i vote for a fun event of getting everyone a million exp or so if thats not to much work.
    lets do some high tier testing with some fun befor the reset :)

(im neither pro or against the reset, although i would have liked seeing the next balance patch befor it)

5. obnosis

obnosis New Member

it's an early access game, so a complete wipe is to be expected. even if i'm genari now. one question tho. will you also bring up costs for c3s? i really think that SoL was overrun because they chose a bad tactic of suiciding and giving more XP to the enemy than they could get from one or two shots vs a higher tier. Higher costs to c3 will make suicide tactics less common.

-T3's will be increased in cost, but only double of what they are now. Aka 20 will become 40, but not the full 200. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2017
  6. Gant

Gant Member

I feel sorry for you that you cannot learn from your mistakes...hopefully you just need more time and the cost won't be too high.

Wish you all best.

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

ALSO: all players will be given credits based on their XP score. AKA the following:

Total XP level/20 rounded up to 100s. SO eg. Revinance at 43633/20 = 2200 credits.

I will be doing this all manually based off the top50 page, so players under that leaderboard would PM me to get credits.

Why will credits matter? Because the variants will be locked on server reset.

8. Suno

Suno Member

So anyone who bought credits doesn't get them returned!?!?!? I spent 10$ feeling a bit jibbed out of my money.

9. HeyitsStew

HeyitsStew New Member

I did buy the 1000 credits as well.
    As long as the tier 4 Pred is still unlocked for me and my profile I spent credits on is still open I'm fine with the other credits I spent to reset my captain skills

If not I would hope the 600+100 would be refunded since its not a complete War/Server cycle

10. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

As well spend some Money on credits and Feeling a bit buzzed now. Hope you sort it out .I hope the best for the game

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Why always the harsh response with everything? Of course steam holds your credits, it does not disappear. That is set to your steam account. And anything unlocked gets re-unlocked by yours truly... manually. I will serve.

Korsun likes this.
  12. Dalwin

Dalwin Member

I think raising the price of corvettes from approximately 20 to approximately 40 does more harm than good. My thoughts on raising them to their full price was to take the suicide swarms of high initiative corvettes out of the equation so that a normal progression to T4 ships was viable. We will still see many people use the better T3 to farm directly to T4 or 5 or in extreme cases even T7. The only thing a cost of 40 does is hurt the efficiency of doing that somewhat. Thos ewho want to farm will still do so but it will take them longer. T4s will still mainly just be juicy targets and so on. If you were looking for a compromise, a cost of 100 might have been better.

In any case regardless of the price of corvettes, the three free models should all be available to everyone on their faction. That makes those models more viable.

13. Suno

Suno Member

Sorry, the prospect of losing money seems kinda lame. That's reassuring to hear thank you.

14. HeyitsStew

HeyitsStew New Member

I agree with Dalwin. In a Ag flyer 3 I can get enough to replace the 19H it costs in one attack run verse a player.
    If that was higher 100-200 id have to play smarter and not risk my ship as much as I do now.

15. petlahk

petlahk New Member

Thank you Vesuvius.

Edit: You'll get better at coding as you do it. Just keep plugging away.

16. cinnamon

cinnamon New Member

Can we all give Vesuvius a break. How many hours do you work each day making this game what it is? You spent $10 on a free game, play for hours, and can't wait a couple days to let the dust die down? I hope we can all work together to make this work. We have a great community so far and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

fox, AmishJoe and petlahk like this.
  17. obnosis

obnosis New Member

the game is absolutely lovely. in concept and execution. it might need some minor number tweaks here and there, but that's it. i don't get the hostility.

cinnamon likes this.
  18. petlahk

petlahk New Member

I agree 100% Cinnamon. I think it's amazing how well-knit this community is, even with the slight animosity between SOL and Genari.

With what I've said in mind. Vesu, you need to keep in mind that when you post a community vote and have an end date on it you have to wait for the vote to close then decide based on that. Right now the community is small and a lot of people are willing to roll with your decision. But you gotta keep in mind that when you do something like this you might ruffle some feathers. If the community were larger and a large portion had voted for not resetting then you could have lost a small to sizable portion of the players. Same goes for bringing T3s up to 50LP. Even though the vote was for full price you should have had another vote.

I love you Vesu, I love your game. Just keep that in mind for the future.

fox and cinnamon like this.
  19. Vesuvius_SWIE

looks like server is up now, just waiting for the patch notes to kick in.

cinnamon likes this.
  20. Veryan

Veryan New Member

If you don't mind a suggestion...

In the patch notes on steam you mentioned giving people credits for progress... But you didn't actually say how you would do that.

It meant I was very surprised when I created a new account and it was completely fresh.
    I eventually thought to check the forums here, but there's probably a bunch of people on steam who won't bother...

You may want to post a follow up explaining how its a manual process... Of course there is also the problem of they probably didn't take screenshots or anything of their progress...

I look forward to seeing the new balancing changes! Keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.