How do the Force Field Numbers mean?

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Superman0X, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Superman0X

Superman0X New Member

I have been reviewing the stats for all ships, and when I look at the numbers given in the shipyard for Force Fields, they dont make any sense. Let me give a few examples:

Bengbu shows 3x Power and 6 Shield
    Using the simulation to check this, I see a total of 6 Shield per facing, at a cost of 4 power from 2 tiers of 2 power cost each.

Gorshkov 3 shows 3x Power and 6 Shield
    Using the simulation to check this, I see a total of 6 Shield per facing, at a cost of 2 power from 2 tiers of 1 power cost each.

Bengbu 3 shows 3x Power and 9 Shield
    Using the simulation to check this, I see a total of 9 Shield per facing, at a cost of 6 power from 3 tiers of 2 power cost each.

Oslo 2 shows 3x Power and 9 Shield
    Using the simulation to check this, I see a total of 9 Shield per facing, at a cost of 3 power from 3 tiers of 1 power cost each.

It is clear that the shield number is the max shield per facing. However, it is not clear what the power number is supposed to represent. It is also clear that having identical power numbers does not end up with the same results.

The questions I have are:
    Are the power numbers just wrong? (and should I document them so they can be fixed)
    Do they mean something I am not understanding? (if so, what).

2. MLocke

MLocke Member

3x power means 1 power to make 3 shields, so if its a 6 max shield it costs you 2 power to max it out.

3. Superman0X

Superman0X New Member

If you look at the examples above, you will see that the math you suggested would work for the Gorshkov 3 and Oslo 2 but not for the Bengbu and Bengbu 3.

4. Beernchips

Beernchips Member

Perhaps some bugs due to last update but prior to this it was always as MLocke said : 3xpower means 1 power give 3 shield

5. Superman0X

Superman0X New Member

Ok. I figured out where I made the mistake. I was looking at the INITIATIVE/Movement not remaining power. This is why the ratio was off for the T3, but worked for the T4.

6. Gazy

Gazy New Member

Some of the ship cards may not yet reflect the stats in the balance patch on 17DEC18, they aren't dynamic yet.