*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VI ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canbeen

canbeen Member

Perma allocation phase bug similar to the one reported by Verazon in discord's technical difficulty. He has a screenshot there.

I met the same allocation phase error yesterday during a battle royale battle with themaster. Same symptom: it started after many rounds when it should have been battle phase. But it is allocation phase instead with 0 repair points. Skipping/ending buttons are greyed out. After countdown, there is some fast screen jumps that I can't catch, before bugged allocation phase again. Meanwhile, opponent can move and attack.

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Dunno if it's because of my low resolution on the craptop, but only the center 1/2 (vertically, cant click on the upper 1/4 or lower 1/4) of the medals, stats, leaderboard, legacy medals buttons are clickable as indicated by highlight when hovering over them.

Also seeing something weird here, probably because of a weak connection or something going on right before launch?

PS - the '.' for 10th rank is still out of place and being kicked to next line to preserve left-hand character alignment of faction icon and start of player name.

Loaderboard.jpg

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Maybe the leaderboard is working correctly and that's just a bunch of test accounts. I'm the only one with more than 40,000 XP.

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that is the reset about to start, but because nobody has over 40k xp but you, you appear on top. Looks like they are finally re-aligning the XP columns on the leaderboard.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

You mean this whole time I had access to some ninja commands I never even knew about?! :p

So official sounding.

I'm 100% joking for anyone who might possibly get the wrong idea. I have had no access to admin level or any other commands greater or lesser, no advantages over what anyone else can do in the game (aside from a head-start in the knowledge department). Anything I've done/achieved in-game has been purely through good old-fashioned playing the game.

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator

Notice: The BETA server will be shutting down at 4 PM PST (7 PM EST, 12 AM UTC) and will not come back up until the official launch tomorrow December 8th.

7. canbeen

canbeen Member

Support ship does not follow main ship when leaving a map with battle, even though command given is "follow". When i got to the dock, its blacken out. Only a restart of the game seems to bring it back into the dock.
    I've seen someone disappear from a map during a battle without zoning out during allocation. His icon in action bar is immediately gone. Not absolutely sure, so just want to ask if the beta feature is removed.

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Support ships are very slow, and sometimes take longer to get back to base, simply because they aren't at the border when you've left on the border. Sometimes in combat its best to order them out while you're still fighting. They will leave on their own.

9. canbeen

canbeen Member

Oh thks yea, need to be careful when being routed :S

I'm trying to be unbiased, but it really feels the marine support is too weak.. A full replenishment is definitely too OP, but 1 pod per turn, and must end it beside the ship? It really feels too underwhelming compared to little geisha. Would like to suggest either 2 pods per turn or 1 pod per turn, but only need to 'touch' the support for marine transfer.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  10. Bug report.
    Assault T3 weap. damage.
    (from a ship explosion)

Attached Files:

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Good to know. Yes, Mendi ships should not ever have their weapons damaged. Will report the bug.

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

My bad, the ship skill does work as it should. The weapons are immune to enemy weapons fire (not explosions). The skill info will be updated when you mouse over the skill.

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

another comp for programmers -- to help clarify what all the officer upgrade stuff means for new players
    officers.jpg

14. Vesuvius_SWIE

officer.jpg

Attached Files:

15. canbeen

canbeen Member

I know this is designed to be a niche game, so the player based is not expected to be as large as other MMOs. But I think the design of "start all over again" when your ship is destroyed is going to lose us alot of good players.

In other MMOs, the is some sort of death penalty but by and large, players are able to recover after some time and won't quit because of that. My suggestion is 'defeated' players will be offered to buy back the exact destroyed ship with officers at a fraction of the price. The 'price' should include time of officer training. This is to be fair to both Sol n Gen traits. Not directly reimbursing points (leadership/honor) serve to prevent abuse.

Not saying this because I want to recover any ship, but because I think someone already rage quit on the other side, and more will do so in the future. This is not a healthy symptom for a fledgling MMO in the long term, is it?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  16. Vesuvius_SWIE

Unless players get 100% of their stuff back, there will always be rage quit unfortunately. Do you mean Kerim who lost his Swordfish Destroyer?
    However, I'm open to the suggestion, but what kind of system/return would you say would be appropriate? The price I assume is XP.

17. canbeen

canbeen Member

My gut feeling says the paying 2/3 the price for everything (including officer training time) to get it back is the upper end. 1/2 price is the lower end I suppose.

Actually maybe no one quit because of this yet, I'm not the best guy to ask for grapevine news lol.. But the feeling it generates now is already absurd. When everyone has capital ships later, n people lose their C9-10.. lolz.. Tell them to start with C3 in that environment. I would say a large portion will quit without rage? Some will go full time into another game while waiting for server restart. But many of those will probably not return.

Strategy MMO games that do not have death mechanics either are instanced, where u get to match up against weaker kingdoms in the next war in a few days, like utopia. Or do not lose anything because of separation of pve n PvP, like dreamlords, or most mobile games, like coc's war.

This game has RPG elements, so comparing to RPGMMOs is more appropriate. I've played guild wars2, lineage 2. Abit of experience in others.. If any of those games say start over again to their players, they probably won't last long, that I'm sure, lol.

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Gen Honorable Death/Sol Medical

19. canbeen

canbeen Member

Yea, are they good enough without being built-in, or at least made a pre-requisite of the advanced warship skill. ie. lvl 1 advanced warship require lvl 1 honorable death. Hey Xeen, I thought u would understand the frustration, oh well..

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I don't mind the economy model so much with the last change doubling pvp xp again. Slow/uncooperative/zero communication players are the worst to have on your team, so I only 'group' with people in comms. XP reward system needs to be moved off of last-hit centric too. The list goes on, but those are at the top for me.

I find C4-C6 to be a waste of time and/or too vulnerable to a coordinated strike team of corvettes, especially with how strong Rally is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.