*** OFFICIAL LAUNCH: December... 8th? ***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

That's great, but there are different kinds of smarts... It is your choice to take offense , but I meant I play this game smarter than you do at the moment. Obviously I do not know you in real life, so it would be stupid to attempt any kind of comparison in that scope, not to mention we likely will never meet. So yes, I'm strictly talking about in-game ability at the moment. The only thing stupid would be to not learn what you could from me when I'm willing to teach even my enemies, as I have done before in other worlds. I like chess, but I only played it occasionally and at a medium level. Maybe you could teach me that.

I will not be kind in live to my enemies. Especially considering that Genari are indeed set up to be superior early game, and my only option for victory is to suppress them as much as I can until the balance of power evens and I am able to raise a squadron of skilled pilots for station assaults.

He probably shouldn't provoke me then... I mean really, what do you expect saying stuff about someone? Of course I will look for and enjoy beating someone in the game that is going to be that way.

I've already done just what you suggest, by the way. A Gen player had a significant advantage over me and kept suppressing me for about a week (during this latest closed beta, and he's a veteran tester who started about the same time as myself) after starting days later than him. I eventually beat him with a weaker ship, then an even ship, and then eventually took a near-untouchable lead while riding out his harassment at various tiers along the way until I got so far ahead he finally decided it was pointless to 1v1 even with AI defenders on his side. Aggravated, sure, but the victory (revenge) was that much sweeter, and I expect nothing less in a game of war. You only see one side of a story though.

Equipment may change (captain, ships, and officers), but playing smart/tactics do not.

Tidbit: It would only take 3 skilled corvettes to pressure me off the field in my biggest ship (Assuming I am solo, which happens a lot). This is something that I worked out a long time ago when Fleet Commander was being brought in and I raised concerns about a wing of 3 super-corvettes being able to wax just about any target they wanted to (with game stats of the time and expecting a player would eventually be able to control all of his fleet ships, not have them piloted by AI). Much has changed since then (including mobility), thankfully, so no longer lethal, but still definitely a threat that cannot be withstood for long, especially in the presence of AI defenders.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Man, I'm gone for half a day and there's more xeen ruckus. You see how you trigger emotions on people xeen?

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Some people, yes. Very polarized reactions. Either they love me or they hate me, no in between.

I like that there is actually discussion about the issue though, not the one person who is currently capable of showing the problem, because there will be others just as good if not better and more tenacious than myself. I have given it some thought and considered some of the same of what RP is proposing.

Oh and don't forget bots and exploits (such as creating multiple accounts, using them together or farming XP off of self).

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

It's a tough call, but Sol Medical is the ONLY reason I've stuck with this faction, a sort of officer insurance IF you can survive to get 40 battle credits and all the time and XP to level the crew. If you die at any time along the way, you lose officers just like Gen.

This goes to reinforce the general theme that Sol are geared towards late game, Gen towards early game advantages.

Gen get XP insurance on their hulls through perma captain skill Honorable Death + cheaper ships to begin with + Sol ships are more expensive, so greater dmg/kill XP. Oh and their lower tier ships are just plain better, more options, more variety, easy early XP with marine pods, not to mention crippling a ship!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  5. gegener

gegener Member

back in the beta this week end, it feel good to replay the game
    some invalid target bug still present nothing unplayable.
    compare to 6 month ago its harder to up versus ia fun to up versus player (good and fun player when i was online exe for exemple is a coll guy, lot of fun on the chat ^^)

But when i come here what i see?... the same bug!
    i remeber you and your : "its useless to try it i allready done all the test just play or leave" or "i have already report it stop your beta report and take time to read me i a so important..." and onter type of harassment are still here?

You make me leave the beta (and the fact that you are still here make no sense... what about moderation or selfcontrol?) and i dont think i am the only one so

it isnt intellectual masturbation this line?

..not the one person who is currently capable of showing the problem, because there will be others just as good if not better and more tenacious than myself

edit cause i am honest: on the chat with xeen and for the first time he write :
    "sorry, and can you help me to test somthing"

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

That was in context to the discussion of 'Whales'. I am the only Whale, the only one showing this problem at this time, there will be others.

7. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix New Member

Deleted my comments because they no longer relate to the launch of the live beta. They would be better in another location but I do not have the time today to move them.

If you like table top games and or turn based co-op you should definitely try the live beta!

8. canbeen

canbeen Member

How long will a season last, seeing that Sol are more advantaged in late game. And what's the maximum number of players in a battle map? I suppose a larger number will delay the tilt to Sol advantage.

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

It seems to last until someone loses a homeworld, then they are out and the other side wins (for now with Gen head to head with Sol). This may take ~3 months. I pressed as hard as I could during this last closed beta test and was only just barely able to take down the WEAKEST Gen defense platform under the most optimal conditions aside from lacking time to fully upgrade the required ship (got pretty far though).

I think Gen's superior ships early game run through about C6, ending with the Vic III (a very nice ship that I envy, definitely superior to any Sol C6), then Sol ships are about on par from there C7-C9. Only the C10 Sol Colossus is notably superior to its Gen counterpart, the Leviathan, but there are other things that make Sol late-gamers (accumulating officer ranks and protecting them via Emergency Escape is Sol's biggest advantage imo.. IF you can stay alive and get the necessary officer experience... and pay for replacement ships - Expensive replacement ships!). I'm not really sure how more players on each side will affect the balance of power (assuming even distribution).

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yes, I estimate a server run to be 3 months, but we will know more on this first real full run. I've balanced the XP gains and ship cost values to pretty much get us there around then.
    The border maps max out at 6-8 players per side, but deeper into enemy territory they can be as high as 20 per side. Homeworld areas and defense station areas do have the biggest regions, where micro battles can be happening in different parts of the map.

11. canbeen

canbeen Member

@Xeen
    Agreed n mostly matches my own analysis of tiered ships in both factions.. It's sad, cus I'm Gen mentality player.

If only at C7-9 level, the developers buff engine/nerf hulls of missile based Gen ships and increase lasers at the expense of pod removal n weaker engines of energy based Gen ships, Gen will be able fight a respectable endgame.

C10-wise, I think Levatian isn't designed to PvP the Sol counterpart, so it should be fine.

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

Just some heads-up:

Our build has been sitting in their approval queue for almost a week and we just got the notice below a few hours ago. We’re not sure why it didn’t work for them since it works for everyone here. The only possibility that I can think of is that they used a currency we didn’t support (which seems unusual since they are based in the US). I just added conversions for all of the Steam supported currencies (even the really obscure ones) so hopefully that fixes the problem. Unfortunately the message is a little light on detail so we're forced to speculate. We will resubmit the build tonight as soon as the next update goes out.

Blocked: Your build's review has been blocked because your game appears to have in-app purchases, but we are currently unable to verify their Steam Wallet integration. After entering the server and reaching the main menu, clicking the "Add Credits" opens an empty "Purchase Credits" window. Please note that Steam and Steam Wallet are expected to be the only means of payment for all in-app purchases.

I won’t lie though, since this is partly out of our hands, I am a little nervous we won’t receive approval in time. The turnaround for resubmissions is supposed to be a lot quicker though, so I’m hopeful we’ll make it. I’m also emailing our contact to see if he can provide any additional detail or help move the process along. It would be annoying if the game doesn't launch on Dec 6th, even a day later would affect the announcements that have already been sent out.

13. canbeen

canbeen Member

Seems like they received the beta build the last time which has no actual purchase interface? Good luck, Vesuvius.

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

No I was saying the C7-C9 are about even with each other Gen vs Sol. I really like the Nova I's design, performance, and perk, for example, and the Firestorm series is nice too. Gen tend to have much lower operating costs for the damage they deal with more or less engines than Sol ships in the same class, so even if they are equal or less, the reduced operating cost from a 2 power missile for ~8 to 10+ dmg gives them some good movement and options.

Gen tends to have better ships C1-6

Sol has a good C10 (good, but not amazeballs 'gg we win now')

The Levi can be used as a base-crusher, but I still prefer the Nova I

Don't forget Gen ships are mad cheap (like ~20-25% cheaper for comparable performance ships in same class in a lot of cases) + Sol ships are more expensive, which also means more XP for Gen attacking Sol vs Sol attacking Gen. A double whammy cuz Sol earns less and has to pay more. Leadership XP boost helps Sol while Honorable Death is a 'lose 2 get 1 free' for Gen :p

Gen will have more players with a higher average class level vs Sol because of the pricing.

15. canbeen

canbeen Member

The cheaper cost is why no outright buff is suggested, only rebalancing of stats, to cover the job their C10 boss can't do. Right now, all Gen capital ships are either good at base crushing or scouting, no one at pvp.
    Even with a rebalancing, it's still C7-9 vs C10 in endgame pvp, so Sol still holds final advantage. It's just more respectable fight, because there is something to fight against, not a clown fight against missile ships that never reaches, or energy ships that never hurts.

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Well see, there's your problem. You don't respect the missile!

So much damage for only 2 power, and a guaranteed 95% hit chance at 1 hex. You have to get in close (1-2 hex is about all I ever fight from anyway, with 99% of the ships given that I have enough MP to reach target and take aim) to use most of them up through C6, but then those Firestorms I mentioned, some of them have quite accurate LRM's.

Ask anyone who saw me with the Yamato II during test where I fought from. RIGHT on target if at all possible. It has 8 plasma missles (typically lower yield but higher range and acc than Gen Fission warheads, but still, I rather not miss at all) and only 2 long range beams.

The Nova is deadly in PVP, able to crush a C5 even (Sol's C9 Yamato can't) in 1 round. All in how you use it!

17. Veryan

Veryan New Member

Howdy,
    I was wondering what would happen when the game launches tomorrow.
    Will it still be the same server, just open to the public?
    Will it be wiped to give the steam players a fresh slate?
    Thanks in advance!
    I've enjoyed what little of the closed beta I got to participate in and look forward to dragging my friends into the game.

18. Vesuvius_SWIE

Hi Veryan, if the game launches in time (hoping so, still waiting on Steam) it will be a new server, but same map and rules -- open to the public. Everybody starts fresh.

19. Veryan

Veryan New Member

Excellent.
    I wasn't able to dedicate enough time to it as I would have liked... So I welcome a fresh start ;)

Hopefully things will go smoothly for you! I had hoped last night's patch meant the issues were resolved... Sad to hear I was mistaken.

Good luck!

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

So I've changed the release date to the 8th, it seems that Steam has taken their time to review the new build -- and we're waiting on that. So my hope is that Friday we have our launch now. However, if we get our approval earlier, I will notify you guys of the time and such. It is unfortunate, but we are at the mercy of steam right now -- and I'm not a bigshot developer/publisher to push anything with them.
    Also, the test server (orion) will continue to run until we do get the approval from them. So enjoy fooling around on there, experimenting with things, changing races, planning strategies, and meeting new players.