General Q&A? Ask here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Sep 30, 2016.

1. gegener

gegener Member

here is my noob question :

Is this game a hardcore one xhen your ship is destroy you restart at 0 (or at what you have in bank ^^)?

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

If its a starter ship (Class III Corvette) you get the XP back for it if your ship is destroyed. However, any ship beyond that, when you lose it, its gone for good.

3. gegener

gegener Member

just to be sure ^^
    if you give 28k for a level X and i destroy it very stupidly i can do hara kiri :p

thx for the fast reply ^^

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Looking forward to giving this a shot.

I always wanted a RTS that took elements from Tribal Wars and Galaxy Online while giving the player active control over combat and greater customization of your assets (ugh how dumb is AI...). Interested to see how the TBS aspect works amidst the RTS 'overview' star map.

I believe I signed up for the beta, waiting hopefully for an email.

PS - I'm good at breaking things so you can fix them :p

5. Apex Predator

Apex Predator New Member

That's pretty cool.

6. Coser

Coser Active Member

Apex, check out the thread "Vehicle Skins" in "Shipyard". On the last page you can see that in action on a Sol ship.

[Sorry Vesuvius, couldn't resist.]

And how come the Genari get all the fun? I hope that when you name a ship, the profanity filter looks at the name in English, or the Genari players are going to end up with a load of ships named "I.G.S. F*** Y**" or similar with all the Sol players wondering what all the laughter is about.

Apex Predator likes this.
  7. Apex Predator

Apex Predator New Member

Will do thx.

8. Apex Predator

Apex Predator New Member

Having fun so far. Learning how to fight and move. Was having trouble with allocation and combat phase but figured it out. I did a few of the missions, which are pretty easy. I noticed xp doesn't update immediately but when you log out and log back in. Went on the battle royale board, that looks to be fun. Discovered not to blow up a ship too close because I can damage my ship. Overall great time so far. didn't get any bugs as of yet.

9. main

main New Member

Besides steam ports what are the required ports to play this game? Asking cause I can't connect to server.

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

That sounds like a strange bug to me, because every one who has accessed the game through steam hasn't had any access issues. I bet if you tried any other computer/connection it would work...

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Was playtesting off and on all morning without any trouble, just checked again and no problems right now. The worst I've ever seen is maybe a minute where I'm unable to connect from the server (and forcibly disconnected from the game, verified internet connection was still good too). If you can't connect for more than 5 minutes straight, something weird is going on.

Perhaps try running Steam and Space Wars as Administrator and check your firewall/other security settings to make sure you didn't deny access.

12. So is early access is done, until mid december. Or is new comers welcome to demo the game.
    from what i can see, Space wars is going to be awesome !

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

You're welcome to demo the came, its still internal beta access. I'll message you one.

14. Thank you, for responding to my message. Question is how do i gain access, are is that something you have to grant.

15. Rafkin

Rafkin New Member

Are your officers unique per ship you own? If I have upgraded officers and swap ships, will those officers come with me to the new ship?

16. Vesuvius_SWIE

The officers are always specific to the ship they originally belong to, they cannot be swapped with other ships.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

*With the exception of Sol Medical Officer ability - Escape Pods (If that's still going to be a thing), allowing officers to escape safely in the event of a lost ship. They will then be able to operate on an identical ship when purchased.

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Now :p

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE Hahaha here's another 'remember when I said...' posts that makes me laugh. I delivered on my promise to break things and get them fixed :)

20. TheMaster

TheMaster New Member

Any chances to get an early glimpse on the beta before it hits on steam in 2 days.
    I have this big urge to test this baby asap. :)