*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VI ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Getting Invalid Ship error when undocking. Were some changes made?

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Seems defensive structures were reset on tiles currently owned by the faction who starts with them.

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

About reducing fidelity on nebula/ion/radiation effects for 'fastest' I will bring up to the dev team for sure, I thought it was supposed to be reduced, I should try my old laptop and see how it slows things down.
    Agreed about seeing ships more easily (possibly a highlight option via keyboard) because when I'm playing on my lower res laptop, its sometimes harder to tell where the ships are (especially on zoom). I'll request a feature once we're in beta.

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Space Wars Patch Notes 11/01/2017
    • Each type of support ship now has a unique icon for indicating what nodes they affect.
    • Players will now be able to see the support ship icons of their allies.
    • The server select screen now has new icons associated to each server name.
    • Fixed an issue where sectors with structures was not properly showing the structure icon in all cases on the galaxy map.
    • Fixed an issue where credit amounts were not properly updating if a player changed their captain portrait multiple times.
    • A notification message will now be displayed in chat to a player if they post too frequently over a period of time instead of a popup.
    • When a player is muted by an administrator the notification message will now be displayed in the chat to the player instead of a popup.
    • Fixed an issue where an invalid selection error would be triggered when deselecting support ships on the Spacedock.
    • Trying to move after pressing leave map during free flight will no longer generate an invalid map error.

5. Zer0CoolAZ

Zer0CoolAZ Administrator Staff Member

Will see about gathering the specs on that old laptop and comparing the results to my two laptops as well during our conversation tomorrow. Was talking to Xeen about testing my two low end laptops that are between 5 and 10 years old each to see how they performed.

Extremely excited about the unique icons for node affects, and the basis for the other server slots is also enticing. Looking forward to the 6th!

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

V, even our NPC Sol freighters only get 6 engine while Genari ones get 26 engine for untouchable initiative! Why u hates Shit Outta Luck faction?

I'm guessing this is just a typo kinda like how I pointed out that one Starfire has 6605 crew instead of 665 :p

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

eXe, we (me as an outsider) had talked about putting in a function for end turn and pass turn, but it is also something dangerous to have bound by default. Think about hitting that wrong key when attempting to chat and BAM you stop in a really bad place half way through your turn. If it does get added, it should be unbound by default, that way the player is responsible for choosing and not accidentally pressing the key.

You can move the camera around by touching the border of the screen too, but you have to undock your mouse from the ship camera control to do it, which can be a little tricky at times and you may risk accidental movement depending on how you do it. It seems you can only pan around the battlefield while in combat, not in free-flight.

For now, if you didn't know, there are two tabs when you first run the exe (before clicking play), one of them being 'Input'. You can see keybinds and what I think are some camera control names as well as make some adjustments? I'm not 100% sure on this though.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I'm pretty sure that the UI (some parts, and the cards) visibility is entirely based on your resolution. I have the same problem on my 1366 x 768 laptop, all but the largest text on cards is unreadable. Most of the remainder of the UI is perfectly fine or good enough.

If you can, run at 1920 x 1080, see if that clears it up for you. It'll just be what you have to do until adjustments are made.

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE Gen Starfire II incorrectly has 6605 crew instead of 665. Gen Military Freighter NPC incorrectly has 26 engines instead of 6 (at least that's what the Sol one has).

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hmm, so it's not resolution? Does it look just better or does it look crystal clear on a higher graphics settings? I could try messing with that now.

Maybe it is just a LOD issue, which shouldn't be applied to static 2D cards, when graphics settings are low.

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

The 1.3 k monitors are always going to have issues with some of the GUI/text, I remember playing Pillars of Eternity and it was near impossible to read anything. The game has been optimized for 1080p, there was just no way to cram everything into smaller monitors. Since the ship cards were done manually by me, and not dynamic, there's no way around it.

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

BTW New Terra system is supposed to be 'hard to get' for Genari, I personally wouldn't want to take that region as Genari and aim for others.

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hah, you saw that bit? I just cut it off from Gen space and afk slow-cap it while I go eat :p

If only holding certain locations offered some kind of incentive/resource/benefit to the faction. That huge space full of clouds is not easy to claim via combat.

14. Vesuvius_SWIE

Exe: the skirmish mode is a bit wonky, for some reason ancient bugs persist on that mode. In the maingame you shouldn't see that bug at all. It would read 6 DMG. The 3/3 is the charges it takes to arm, so 3 power to arm.

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

BTW the server select screen, Xeen: this was the original comp I made for the programmers to follow. So you can see the 'finished servers' and the 'coming soon'. serverselection.jpg

16. Zer0CoolAZ

One thing I've just noticed is that if you press the Dock button and accidentally queue up a movement command right after, it locks the dock button until you leave map and come back in. Not sure if that's been brought up yet.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

This is probably related to some work being done to adjust the ordering of ships in the list as well as officers so that they are consistently in the same place and automatically update.

18. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Found some more invisible debris, right in front of me
    20171203212342_1.jpg

19. Zer0CoolAZ

Latest bug to post is that there was an empty transit phase during our battle to lock off a genari section. Following this, upon locking the sector and clearing the remaining ships the combat phase would not end.

Further, it stayed at 00:00 for over 5 minutes, would not allow the turn to pass even though xeen had already exited the game.

EDIT: I Alt f4'd to exit the map. Upon logging back in, the ship was lost.[​IMG]

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Can do crazy stuff like this, much worse, if lock timer is too long :p

Free territory!

Lock Shot.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.