*** OFFICIAL LAUNCH: December... 8th? ***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Invites will be going out to people who signed up for the beta, starting Saturday the 4th of November. Should see new players joining up.

2. TommyBZ

TommyBZ New Member

Just started playing again after a few months hiatus, looks like a lot of fun :)

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

A warning to new beta players who choose the wrong faction: I will be kind by teaching you cruel lessons :) I've got an XP itch that needs scratching in a bad way these days. Muahahaha.

Better to learn now and be ready for live!

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Next wave of invites: Saturday Nov 11th.

5. Makevelian

Makevelian New Member

I've been back to the border for some skirmishes. Enjoying the game some more with all the updates.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

The small team is pretty good about regular and useful updates!

Is there a reason you are gating people in? Keeping an eye out/easing into a larger population for potential server load issues?

- Only got 4000 beta signups to send out, want to keep the flow with staggered invites through this month, until they all run out -Vesuvius

I forget, was your target appx. 1000 concurrently active users per faction per server (so could be several thousand per faction, expecting they wont all be on at the same time)?

It's going to be a whole different game once the other factions are in, no longer a head to head between Sol and Genari, politics come into play and ... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2017
  7. NightWolf

NightWolf Member

Just started playing now. Maybe its when most US players are sleeping, but I didn't run into any players. Got myself up 160xp on the border though!

8. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Opened a new account. Playing as Genari. Doing the tutorial 1st.

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Welcome, I'll try to be nice at least during beta :)

There's a chat system in game, expand the tab at the lower left to pop it out and view the channels. Off-Topic is cross-faction if you want to talk to someone on the other team (or teams in the future!)

V says I get 50 dkp minus if I don't behave.

10. SirElric

SirElric Member

Had some computer trouble/steam issues but I'll be in shortly.

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

More Gen meat for the grinding!

Until you all learn to play and work as a team, then I'm in trouble over here by my lonesome most of the time :p

V up and left me, traitor!

12. dLow

dLow New Member

Hey @Vesuvius_SWIE

Long time no see.. Congrats on building up a game. Several of us that used to play with you back in the day just got wind of what you built here. Might be joining to see how it goes and dominate like we used to. :)

dLow

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@dLow :mad:

You better pick Sol if you plan on dominating :p Otherwise... To Arms!

14. Vesuvius_SWIE

Would be nice to see more Heroes of Might and Magic players join up, since the game is partly inspired by Homm, as well as Heroes Kingdoms!

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yunalesca likes this.
  16. Yunalesca

Yunalesca New Member

To Arms indeed. I know you’ve been causing quite the ruckus, but us Genari will get a force together for a karmic retribution.

I’ve been waiting until the launch to give this game my full attention, and believe me it and the Genari will have it.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Why does that name seem familiar??

I shall enjoy doing battle with you!

I get the feeling that there is an old crew of people moving in together all playing on the Gen side, good, good :)

18. Yunalesca

Yunalesca New Member

Oh don’t let him get to you Phoenix. We can do this! Everyone gets a fresh start when the game launches and I’m hoping to build a solid team.

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yeah, you totally could if you knew what you were doing.

Hanging on the edge of a map is very smart, ya know. I do it plenty when I'm in a newly purchased and vulnerable ship.

I don't know where you get risk-less from though.

I think if you watched "Sword Art Online" and learned about the term 'Beater', you would understand. That is me. I simply have more knowledge and practice and have worked out some really fine details (on top of being gifted with certain things and 30+ years gaming experience of all types). I play a league ahead of you in the smarts department, so advanced that it looks like mysticism, cheating, imbalanced, etc.

You really just need to learn the game, and fortunately, I'll teach you everything I know if you are willing to learn.

I am doing nothing that you don't have the same (or very similar) opportunity to do.

PS - Quit drinking the Oni cool-aid. The guy is convinced I tell people to buy bad upgrades, fly into radiation fields, details about my personal life, etc. that he has entirely Bass Ackwards on for every count and has ZERO proof of his claims.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  20. Yunalesca

Yunalesca New Member

Hahahaha oh my god Xeene, with that haughty behavior you’re going to run every player off before the game even has a chance.

Not everyone has as much time to devote to a game as you do. This game hasn’t even launched yet, but you want to claim Mister big shot because you have the advantage? That’s not called being smart, it’s called being an ass because you have nothing better to do. If you want to prove your smarts, lay off the game for a few months and come back once everyone else has had the advantage. No one wants to learn from a guy who already thinks he is better than everyone else over a game that’s just starting out- which means that the players are just starting out btw. Check your ego or I will request a ban on you for your behavior.

AmishJoe likes this.