*** Large Map -- Sector Discussion ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, May 19, 2017.

1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

The new, 2000 hex map is the map the game will be launching with, it is of sufficient size to allow as many as 1000 players pursue border conflicts.

This thread is to discuss any specific sector that may have a bug, lacks aesthetics, has annoying features etc... to modify. Or for any questions you may have regarding any sector.

This large map will be an ongoing build, as I will add, update, and improve it throughout playtesting to be as refined as possible before launch.

mapp.jpg

ben likes this.
  2. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

twostations.jpg I broke through the first sol sector and entered S-1303, and there were two stations near each other! Haven't seen that before. My corvette had no chance.

3. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

I think all the sectors with the light defense platforms come in pairs now.

4. Jmp2x

Jmp2x Member

I think I noticed in sector S-1307 there's a genari mine in there. Close to those red ion storms.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I've only found one so far, but there's a map with a faction limit of 64 (320 Control Point sector) that is quite large. Would be nice to be able to zoom out further and have something like tabletop miniatures as icons representing friendly end enemy ships and types from a distant view. Also, a more distinct/bold hex grid line or options to adjust those types of features.

There have been a few cases of unreachable tiles/misplaced objects as well. I'll have to keep an eye out and report them here. For the most part, they would have been encountered on any Genari tiles conquered by Sol so far.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Something is out of place here, causing an impassible tile/area.

Attached Files:

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

That spot in front of you, or the radiation regions further up?

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

The tile marked '1' in front of me as well as some other adjacent tiles. Would have to go into free flight to find them all.

9. Vesuvius_SWIE

Confirmed, there's definitely some invisible 3 hex width map object there.

10. Kuwanger

Kuwanger New Member

I noticed someone managed to take out a Genari Battlestation on the current server. Who managed that?

11. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

If you mean sector G-1408 that was me. With a pimped out Halifax, btw. Lost it but it was worth it for the kill.

12. NightWolf

NightWolf Member

Was it the explosion that killed you?

13. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Actually no, I made a mistake trying to capture the area after the kill, had the capture points in single digits. I was hiding and a cruiser popped around the planet I was hiding behind and wasted me. Bad luck that happens every now and then.

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

There is a designated impassible area with no perceived reason for such on this map and another area (where my attempted course highlight is) of unknown size that cannot be traveled to. Impassible Map Area.jpg

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

So the programmers figured out what these invisible impassable areas are, they are objects the artist haven't defined properly yet, one of them being this very strange-looking spikey asteroid. It will be probably fixed by the next server reset (need to reset server to update map).

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hmm. One invisible object has the impassable border outline. The other does not. Both area featured in the screenshot, but the later is hard to detect, obviously.

17. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Just noticed this sector, now my favorite! S-1721
    20171011173634_1.jpg

18. Kahless

Kahless Member

I don't understand? There isn't anything you're looking at?

19. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Look at the faction limit. 10 capture points, 1 kill captures the sector(class 8 or higher).

20. Nickman77

Nickman77 Member

woah.... when planets collide planet1.jpg