*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS V ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

lmao, just had a weapon 99.x% rounded to 100% accuracy miss :p

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Defending against the Amish :p
    You may not have XP!
    You lost a couple Halifax and didn't score a single XP-yielding hit. Can't be worth it
    No Soup For You.jpg

-Can't say a Halifax vs Nova is actually fair though! -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Alt-f4 more

You won't be able to abuse that soon enough.

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

S-2311 is riddled with map errors!

The sector looks almost empty except for one ghost outline of impassible space.... but that's far from how things really play

-Will go visit it; as a sol player right now I have to wait until its unlocked. -Vesuvius

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Who is my #1 hater 'xeenkilla'

Seriously, cracks me up.

6. Jmp2x

Jmp2x Member

looks like when you look up a enemy player rank in battle it doesn't show their rank properly. xeen is supposed to be one of the general level ranks and it showed him to be the 1st rank.

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

He left vs F3 or I3 as well :p (Class VII and V)

Constantly showing up just to waste time and maybe try to get a hit it, then alt-f4 before losing a ship. It's not like I was chasing him around. He kept coming to harass me and then cheese out :p

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Oh lame, I just full capped a station sector and left, now it is 100% Sol owned again with everything destroyed and I cannot progress to the inner world station.

-A bug or error on your part? -Vesuvius

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I warped out with ships still on the map and returned shortly after. It was 130 full swing back to Sol. Multi-map sectors do not capture properly. Ever! Even with both/all maps conquered.

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Damn Class X Vesuvius defense platform is nastier than some stations...

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Bug? You instantly lose sight of anything beyond 4 range EVEN IF IT WAS SCANNED when your scanners are damaged.

Seems to me I wouldn't forget where a freaking station is!

The station is now an invalid target.. ?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

LMFAO 10 range pot shot at me? 10 Range 1-shot counterfire. Die silly corvette.

Now if only this platform wasnt bugged.... how to beat it.... hmmm

Countered, works. Its messy taking that much damage though.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

ROFL Amish, your explosion from being countered put the baltimore in 1shot range and it got countered too for the map lock. Epic. Missed the video though.

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Himeji Defense Platform Class XI does not appear to be scanning, firing, or shielding (may only apply to some surfaces?)

It's 304 engines are reduced to a current 2, I didn't deal 300+ damage to engines and another 100 to hull yet.

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Something that's been bothering me... The wording and math of the officer upgrade time reducers.

Upgrade Time (24) / Normal Rate (100% or 1) = 24 hours
    Captain skill = 'reduced by 400% or 4', so 24/4 = 6 is fine
    +Advanced interface 'reduced by 400% or 4', so that would be (24/4)4 or 6/4 or 1.5 hours.

But technically... anything that is reduced by 100% would be... Zero, and it is impossible to reduce anything by 400%. Now to say that officers can be trained 300% faster (faster/more implies in addition to the base '1') or at 400% 'of the normal' would be acceptable.

'Reduced by 75%' would be acceptable.

I take issue with both the wording and the math and how the two stack together (only applicable for the Genari Guardian hull).

Also "Training of officers is more 'proficient': ..." When the skill name is 'Efficient'

-Fixed, made those wording changes now, which will reflect on the next update. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Fun Fact: I now own all unlocked (and some of the locked ones) Genari ships aside from one Starfire and the Levi (totaling about 360,000 points to buy! 500,000 spent)

All of them are Issue #1 Except a couple of the AF corvettes (lost a few here n there, bugs or chancing it :p). There is no one else playing on the Genari faction at this time.

Edit: I take it back, someone started in an Honorbound III and lost it, then purchased another before I got one 6 days after server start :p No other Gen ships have been purchased that I can see, and now I wont be able to tell if there is any activity because I own the whole line!

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Nova Hull has 'Darkmatter' Perk, but doesn't seem to travel the world map any faster. Is it for warp out purposes only? Does it stack with engineer skill?

-That will have the same effect as dark matter astrophysics, where the player can activate warp and leave in one round. -Vesuvius

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

What is this pretty little doodad? Almost as if it was some alien tech/easter egg that you activate by finding and clicking on it in the environment that may enable so special skill or weapon or hull :p

Probably just a doodad. Hope to see many more enriching the environment.

It just somehow seems out of place. That and the duplicate moons/planets in this area is a little breaking.
    Doodad.jpg

-That actually was one of the environmental objects that was causing those invisible interferences, because the artist hadn't placed it in properly yet. Those are hive-related entities that would be more commonly found around their borders. The one you see there is the live kind, there are also dead ones. -Vesuvius

19. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Actually looking at the data, there has been 45 Genari characters started, and 84 Sol characters started; though this is in relation to all the servers that have come and gone overall since June or so.

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I haven't seen a single Gen ally this run and only that one indicator that anyone else is even participating besides me and 2 Sol players :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.