*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS IV ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I think I have a new and good one, how can I cause engine damage in the screen shot shown? thought I had to be at the back of the ship? I forgot to hover over to show the engine damage
    20170802191833_1.jpg

Also I am getting about 66% actual accuracy at 1 hex distance instead of 85%, or maybe I have a bad ship, lol. My Leningrad has had this issue since I bought it. Hover shows 85% but I miss about one out of three shots??

P.S. overload still bugged, worked correctly one battle (leningrad) then back to every shot(helped me capture an area with halifax,lol). Maybe a Halifax issue??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

The force field variant of the Leningrad sacrifices those plasma beams for lasers (SIWLB-9) to allow those crazy powerful force fields -- so the accuracy is going a lot worse than the standard Leningrad. But if you're just having random bad luck on hitting, sometimes it just feels like it sucks on bad rolls.
    As for the engine damage from hitting a front arc, I found out why, in the admin the Battleborn II and III had their engines assigned to the forward arc lol. I fixed it on the dev server, so it will reflect on the next build.

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

This weekend's Update:
    • New background images have been added to the loading screens. These images also provide useful hints and tips about playing.
    • The captain skill Efficient Officer Training has been changed to reduce the cooldown for upgrading officers to 6 hours. This skill stacks with Advanced Interface which reduces the cooldown to 3 hours.
    • The ship skill Advanced Interface has been changed to reduce the cooldown for upgrading officers to 6 hours. This skill stacks with Efficient Officer Training which reduces the cooldown to 3 hours.
    • The ship skill Experienced Officers will now grant 10% more XP during battles when using that ship (Eg. Swordfish).
    • Removed a redundant use of Leadership and Honor points on the Enemies Eliminated popup.
    • The Enemies Eliminated popup will now correctly display the number of repair points used.
    • Fixed a bug where in specific cases skills with multiple ranks were being added to one another rather than only using the stats for that specific skill tier.
    • Engines can now be damaged when attacking starboard rear and port rear arcs.
    • Damage chances for various ship systems and attributes have been updated to use all six arcs instead of just four. This allows for a more accurate representation of the damage chances as originally designed.
    Behind the scenes, a playable tutorial is being built, which is something that new players would do first (or experienced players can try just to get some bonus XP) and should be up next week.

AmishJoe likes this.
  4. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Like the new load screens!!!

I just reset my officer skills to take advantage of the new Efficient Officer Skill, lost 1 skill point on the reset, didn't know that bug was still around.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  5. lefty

lefty Member

I tried it too just now, I lost a skill point too. Recurring bug then!

6. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Ok, couple of unusual ones I have not seen before. Yesterday in a battle I was hit in the aft section and received both 3 hull and 3 engine hits with a 3 hit laser. Today I was fighting a firebolt and hit with both of my missiles in the aft; one regular and one with level 2 overload(100%) with damage bonus I should have dealt 7 and 12 damage, correct? Both apparently hit engines, but one caused 4 damage and the other none.

7. SirSprout

SirSprout New Member

when I hit engines I get some wonky numbers too sometimes.

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

The skill point bug is getting patched on the next update; as for the engine one, I think I've run into times where I've hit an engine, and it shows no damage; but I think maybe its the 'delay' in giving that information. The 3 hull 3 engine damage one, that is new to me; if you by any chance run into that again, give me the details as much as you can.

9. Vesuvius_SWIE

Another update/fixes for today from things reported over the weekend:
    • Moving will no longer automatically repair damaged shields.
    • When a player resets their captain or officer skills they will now receive the correct number of skill points back.
    • When a ship moves out of or into scanner/visual range it will now immediately disappear/reappear instead of it happening after movement ends.
    • A more specific allocation profile for support ships has been implemented -- repair tenders will fire now if they have an enemy in their arc, and force field powering up by AI support ships are improved.

10. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I had a firebolt fire on me at adjacent hex and when my turn came it disappeared; I could not see it, fire on it, or move into that hex. Next turn it reappeared and normal play resumed. When I damaged engines the old nasty engine bug is back, I had to wait the allocation timer out for the AI.

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

The AI stalls when its really low on power; its a bug I've reported for them to fix.

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

AHAHAHA Colossus costs 490,000 points now?! Looks like the cost of everything starts ramping up at Class V and even more so to 10x previous upon reaching class 10. So THATS what you meant about LP/HP costs were adjusted, but the rewards from combat remain the same?

What's this about being able to upgrade more than once/one officer per 24 (thought it was changed to 22, back to 24?) hours? I'm reading Unit Cohesion or Advanced Interface will stack with Efficient Officer Training, but I'm not seeing either of those first 2 skills. Is one of them Genari Captain only (a counterpart to Sol Efficient Officers)? Or are they a Genari-specific hull ability? It appears you said Advanced Interface is a hull ability, but I haven't seen either on any Sol ship. I guess it doesn't matter too much. A 6 hour timer is pretty good now. That will pull the time restriction much closer to the LP/HP cost and battle credit requirements.

I'm glad you decided to put in some abilities/options to reduce this timer. Pretty crappy to spend ~30 days to max out a crew and lose a ship in 1 wrong move. Time was by far the limiting factor, with LP/HP approaching limitless quantities (now the ship costs significantly more, which balances out huge sums of LP/HP in addition to timers being reduced, hitting 2 different surfaces of a problem from 2 different angles, nice). Even getting 'battle credits' was pretty easy. Annoying, but easy.

I think a good balance would be to have battles won (was this ever changed to a sector capture instead of a single last hit/ship kill then leave a sector?), time, and LP/HP all be close in terms of limiting officer upgrades, not a massive bottleneck on one with the others being a non-factor.

-Actually battle requirements for officers upgrading are going to be boosted significantly for the real launch, its rudimentary for playtesting. Eg. 10 missions for level 5 will be about 50 missions. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I see a brand new 'very large' test universe was started up 22 days ago. I guess I have some lost time to make up for and some learning/re-learning to do.

Love the new load screens with some tips on them. Could you possibly put in a prompt 'press any key to continue' when loading in to a non-combat sector? I don't have time to read everything :p

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

YEY for that scanner update :) Was asking for that one for a loooong time, and it wasn't until I pointed out the tactical advantage or disadvantage on JIRA that one of the devs understood why.

-Yeah, that had bugged me for a long while; you shouldn't be able to see where that player disappears to. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017
  15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

What's with the different colored lasers now? Orange instead of green.

50 million questions are coming as I gather information, knowledge is power :)

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Bug: Mendi hulls have 'armored weapon mounts' -> Weapons cannot be damaged, but... clearly they can be. The hull ability says specifically 'cannot be damaged' but I suspect that is applying to weapon fire only or just plain isn't working. My weapon was damaged from a reactor explosion.

Damaged Weapon Mendi III.jpg

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Got a ghost ship/desynch issue again where the AI would phase in and out of existence. Unable to detect it on my turn or move to the occupied tile.

- I think its a synching issue with slower speed connections, and the client/server situation. But these sorts of bugs are the most critical, so as much info as you can gather on these, getting solid examples, and making that report to Jira. -Vesuvius

I was on my very reliable high speed home connection at the time. I was fighting a Class IV Genari AI using a Class IV repair tender as Sol (Lol, good times). Several turns went by as normal, then one turn when it went into the green cloud stuff (not the damaging one or radiation, the scan-block one), the enemy AI ship started behaving oddly.

This is something I have seen and reported before with other players where one client sees the AI/other target in the correct position while another client gets bugged out.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

That's totally fine. You can rack up plenty of missions in the obligatory down time. Increasing the battle requirements would further align them with the other requirements even better IMO: time vs battle credits/kills/missions vs LP/HP cost.

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

And you should also see where they were coming from as soon as they entered your scan range too! (Not when they STOPPED in your scan range, because it was quite possible for something to fly from one side, through, and out the other side of your scan range, never being detected except for a blip while firing)

Oh, forgot to add that radar hex does not update while you are moving. I would expect there to be a sweeping rotation of hexes shown and fogged as you move and enemy ships drop out of sight immediately upon moving and losing LOS/range, not when you stop moving.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Bug: Somehow or another I completed my allocation phase with no changes, had movement points, was waiting where I was and passed turn without doing anything... and then when it came to my turn again at the end of the same combat phase, I had -12 movement points.

I should have had 30 movement points (same as initiative, no modifiers active on ship/captain), it's as if my movement got reset to -42 (negative maximum) and then the 30 I was supposed to have from leftover power was added to that, resulting in -12. I was unable to move, but I could bring up weapon firing arcs (nothing in range). The enemy ship did the weird ghosting 'pop up shoot and disappear' thing, but I was able to locate and destroy it in the next turn when the movement bug and ghosting resolved itself. Negative MP.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.