*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS IV ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

A new one I think. When firing on aft section I understand engine damage. However when engine reaches zero shouldn't any further damage be on the hull? I fired two or three shots and all hit engine with no hull damage, is this correct? a bug?
    20170727211414_1.jpg 20170727211428_1.jpg 20170727211428_1.jpg

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Wow, you really got lucky on taking out all the engines with it being a 10% chance lol. Its definitely an edge case that hasn't been considered until now -- yes, the hull should go down if the engines are completely disabled. Will report.

3. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Lol, 10% I fired a total of 10 missiles; 1st round two hull, 2nd salvo 1 engine 1 miss, 3rd and 4th 3 hit engines and one hull hit, 5th round finally destroyed, or something close to that.
    .........................................................................................................................................................

Must be my build for finding bugs, here is the movement bug....again.
    I put my cursor where I was trying to move. When I was passing through the wreckage I was sent back to where I started
    20170728211605_1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  4. Vesuvius_SWIE

The bug you have above is a complicated one, which they're trying to resolve. Its got a couple of factors involved, that one. I think its the last bug when it comes to movement/popping etc...

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

Another build/update to the server for the weekend:

• Fixed an issue that was preventing players from skipping their repair phase.
    • The game will now correctly show one damage number when the player’s ship is hit directly between two hex sides.
    • The enemies destroyed popup now has a delay before it appears so it doesn’t appear before the ship explosion animation has completed.
    • The Galaxy Map will now prioritize showing the icon for the most powerful structure in a given sector.
    • Fixed an issue where the Shipyard was displaying double the number of systems on a ship.
    • Mac Players should now be correctly able to download and play Space Wars on Steam if they have redeemed the beta code.
    • In the rare case where a ship’s engine integrity hits 0 any further damage that would be dealt to the engine will now be dealt to that ship’s hull instead.
    • Skills that increase a ship's movement will now display the correctly modified movement value in combat.
    • Addressed an issue that would cause Genari stations to shift position when they were hit.
    • Addressed an issue where some Missile weapons were displaying incorrect damage values.
    • The modified Movement, Initiative, and Power values will now be displayed when the officer skill Stress Engines is activated.
    • The officer skill Stress Engines will now deal damage to the ship’s engines and hull upon the conclusion of the allocation phase it was activated.
    The next big project step is building a full tutorial, which is very important for new players, so they don't get frustrated/click around without knowing what to do in combat.

6. FrozenIce

FrozenIce New Member

After playing like one hour or so i stumbled upon several errors and bugs, tho since i didnt play much yet im not sure on how to reproduce them of course.

One Error was "Invalid Phase" at least. Some others were generic Errors without information. I might have filled your errorlogs with some stuff to consider ;)

7. FrozenIce

FrozenIce New Member

Here is a funny one. -136 Movement :)
    MovementBug.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  8. FrozenIce

FrozenIce New Member

General error 100
    generalError.jpg

9. FrozenIce

FrozenIce New Member

Yet another one insufPower.jpg

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

The general errors do get reported to the programmers, but I do wonder how that -136 movement happened. I'll do some playtesting today, but its possible that the new build that got updated last night has introduced some new bugs.
    The insufficient power one does come up often though, and is known.

11. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Crew repair not working for me on my Halifax. Also tried to take a screen shot of captain's page, froze the game.

12. FrozenIce

FrozenIce New Member

Yep. Crew repair does not repair anything, tho eats up the repair resources

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

You should get a minimum of 1 crew repaired per repair point? (used to be 5%, but its brought down now to 1% or minimum 1 crew).

14. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

used 5 repair points over three turns, nada :(

Also, should engine hits give xp? if so I ain't getting any, lol.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  15. Kuwanger

Kuwanger New Member

BTW xp from slaughter 2 doesn't seem to calculate right. For example, I had 13 enemy crew killed, but got 42 xp. I think it should give 4 or 5 xp per kill so it should be 52 xp or 65 xp?

16. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

20170730124648_1.jpg So I was able to fire my 2nd missile even when it was damaged, of course the damage bug was going on so I should have been able to repair between enemies but killed two with it that way, anyway

17. BlueMaro

BlueMaro New Member

When I fired on this Etna station, it separated into two pieces!

Attached Files:

18. Vesuvius_SWIE

Crew repair, moving platform, and slaughter II getting worked on today/tomorrow.

As for XP gained from hitting engines, that's something I purposely held off on because XP is being isolated only to damaging a ship's hull and destroying it.

19. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Ok, I was more curious about engine damage xp; what about the damaged missile firing? I fired it 2 or 3 times damaged

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

Couple of fixes added to a late night build tonight (thanks to the programmer working on a sunday)

- Fixed an issue where crew repairs were not always correctly enforcing a 1 point minimum.
    - Fixed an issue with captain skill points not being correctly refreshed when returning to a spacedock.
    - Fixed an issue with skill upgrades that prevented previous skill ranks from being removed. This would incorrectly double up on some skill effects.

Amish: the damaged missile thing is a more complex bug (that whole healing up between AI waves getting screwy) -- so that's something more comprehensive they're still working on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.