*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS III ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I still see a few oddities with the nameplate information (predictive damage when ending turn? I'm not sure what's going on, not a very big deal atm, also seems like some weapons hit harder than they should and then another may hit lighter than it should as reflected by hull changes.. in the end, total damage is as expected, best I can tell), but as far as the updating goes, seems to be great. Kinda funny to watch a Class XIII station blast through 48 repairs, the nameplate kinda flickers as it updates with each singly-applied repair point.

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I thought I did report this one already, will check. Might not be strictly multi-map sectors.

Yeah SW-966

It's not just multi-map sectors that do this, but this bug happening on those kinds of sectors + no map locking makes it VERY difficult to progress through the homeworlds and next to impossible to capture Saneth (I wanted to test that after destroying all stations didn't trigger end-game)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  3. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I am having some major problems when trying to upgrade officers screenshot attached. After this happened the game froze. First screenshot. 20170605220355_1.jpg 20170603002622_1.jpg

Second screenshot happened a few days ago I couldn't move to any other sectors?

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I've been having some issues with galaxy transit too, multi-transit arrows (as seen above), dropping off into the wrong sector, wrong transit path (Deviation from arrows), unable to enter some sectors easily/at all, going to the sector I am currently at when attempting to engage.

I have noticed that in many cases, I simply have to wait about 10 seconds. If I spam click the engage button, it will throw a bunch of errors at me when the command is finally resolved (correctly or not). Especially when trying to enter homeworld or other alternate maps, I have to engage and wait.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Suggestions:

Chat input cursor and text sits a bit high on the chat bar interface, move it down/center it.

Have the blue arrow button that collapses/expands the chat interface be always visible (never fades out) on the lower left of the screen even while collapsed and flash blue when there are any unread messages or remain the lighter color if not.

-The chat still needs a lot of fixing, and right now I still need it to pop up or flash when someone writes something, so people actually realize there's a chat box there. New players would be oblivious to its existence without it showing up. -Vesuvius

Need to move the arrow out to the right a bit as well, otherwise its just a short vertical line a few pixels wide on the side of the screen with no apparent function/easily missed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2017
  6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Seems that if a Genari Mine is the last entity destroyed on a map [resulting in free flight but not necessarily fully captured control], all reinforcements stop coming.

I've been sitting here several minutes since a client restart, map re-entry, and collecting CP.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Question: Do AI actually manage their power resource dynamically based on how much they have factoring in any damages or boosts and the circumstances of the battlefield or is it rather primitive and only uses one of 2 or 3 power presets for a given ship?

-I think its pretty basic AI for now, so it doesn't do much of any different moves if they have damage. -Vesuvius

What happens if I take my repair tenders into combat and level them up? Shield Overcharge? Power Boost? Maneuvering? Do they benefit from upgrades when slaved to AI as a support? I've never seen one use it's ass-blaster laser, so leveling weapon skills seems pointless (except when manually controlled).

-AI definitely does NOT use any special officer skills if you have them on your ship. The best ones would be the passive types like power boost, evasive, & advanced repair. -Vesuvius

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Adv Repair Tender Class V

Power Boost Rank 1 (+5% rounded up)
    Base power 36
    Modified power 37

Should be 38 power (37.8 rounded up)

Has wrong icon on turn-order bar (showing a Bengbu oultine)

-Bengbu outline is the default outline, which means that the Klondike hasn't had an icon set for it. Will report. -Vesuvius

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Server disconnect?

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Minor: Location/order officers (and sometimes the skills on each officer page I believe) move around from time to time (client launch?) like hotkeys for ships with multiple weapon types on a single arc

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

This might be related to a new fix, where you cannot travel to a region that has become an 'island' - ie. surrounded by enemy regions. I had this implemented recently -- that way you need to have a clear path through to warp to a region. So there might be a bug fix needed to block you from being able to click/travel line there.

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I've been getting a little interest from some acquaintances in other games. If we were further along, I'd definitely bring them over :p Not everyone can tolerate a development project with few people to be found on a large scale game.

Heck, I still haven't run into a single Genari since reset (aside from PCC).

-Yeah, once I'm statisfied at the level of stability, then I'll be inviting a batch of those who signed up for the beta for more internal playtesters. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2017
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Suggestion: Allow Captain Support skill to also grant the ability to assign power distribution and priority for support ship AI for selected behavior.

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Might want to offer some minor incentive(s) for playtesters at that point like free 500 credit to account/when game launches.

-There will definitely be some incentives or medals for the early playtesters. -Vesuvius

Btw, are the credit purchases we make now permanent on the account or is that all being reset for live? And if it is reset for live, will it be a one-time purchase for the account or will it be per server/instance of the game?

-The credit purchases are only for internal playtesting only and would reset when game goes live, since its not actual money. When the game goes live, a purchase affects the entire account, not just a server/instance. So if you unlock Bengbu II for example, it remains with your account indefinitely. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2017
  15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Something seems wrong with XP tracking. It may be that Sol Leadership is showing the increased # but not actually recording increased XP now and the bug was only partially fixed.

Example:
    50 point sector
    12 points per kill (Class VIII)

It takes me 4 kills at appx 2000 x per kill (full modified bounty, 4 kills = 48 cp + 1 time tick of 5 to capture zone)

I started at a little over 470k xp

I ended the zone at 476.6k xp

Expected XP ~8000
    Apparent XP ~6000

6000 x 1.30 = 7800 (right on target)

It could just be my imagination. XP doesnt really matter to me at this point, but you know, a bug is a bug. I'll try to look into it more.

Seems fine for a single kill, reported 2090, gained 2090, persistent after relog. Now to try multi-kills and conquering a sector.

Looks like it was just my imagination. Maybe I had my starting value off.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

3 problems in 1:

-Map Error, impassible area located at highlighted tile and surrounding tiles on far side of large moon (tile near me is fine)
    -Scanner Error, can see through obstacles and detect enemy on white tiles (no LOS, pretty sure this is a known isue)
    *-It took me awhile to figure this one out (still not 100% cetain), but it appears that 'bumping' an impassible/bugged tile causes some kind of client-server desynch or other issue which is responsible for 'ghost' ships.*

Definitely last but not least (in fact the greatest!) I have observed this phenomenon with other players on the map where they could see the target normally that I could not see. In fact, this has happened several times for reasons previously unknown and I think it has happened both with player ships and with AI ships.

What I am calling a ghost ship is when a ship is in front of you in known space, sight, scan range, etc. and they are only visible when attacking then immediately go invisible. You have no opportunity to ever detect them or fire upon them normally. Your only option is to use counter-fire weapons or leave the map/restart client!

Attached Files:

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Now that I have an idea of what is causing ghost ships, I can attempt to reproduce and video capture later.

-Definitely a ticket for jira if you can reproduce. -Vesuvius

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Any chance I'm the first?

-Yup, you'd be the first lol -Vesuvius

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.