*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS III ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Some minor flaw with Power Boost/Maneuvering interaction and 'Rounding Up'.

Colossus at 120 power (of 195, max Rank 5 Power Boost) with 10% bonus movement (Rank 1 Maneuvering) should go to 12 + 1.2 ->2 = 14 movement points, but only getting 13 MP.

Seems to be the rounding up is 'normal rounding' and goes up at 1.5 bonus MP (15 base MP required to see +2 instead of 11 MP)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Either unable to damage enemy engines/crew or display is not updating.

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Engaging Genari homeworld sectors seems to have some issues, very delayed. Also saw a Class VIII Sol here when no apparent player online? I keep seeing this phantom 8 ahead of where Im going each time!

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Actually, I'm on my home connection now. The oddity I have here on this good connection and machine is that my mouse is very old/worn and can send many near-instantaneous left click commands, causing weird things to happen like double movements and translocation preceding a set movement path.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Bug: If you move to/conquer a single map in a multi-map sector, upon returning to the galaxy map, you cannot travel to an alternate map of the same sector without first selecting another sector. No engage button present.

Scratch that, may just have something to do with which map you are allowed to go to. Have to manually select Logha (default is Shov) and the button will appear for travel to that one map only even though the station is destroyed. It appears that control reverted to Genari, may need to reclaim it? Can't lock it though.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

They've been fixing all these multi-map sector bugs, along with control issues, but I guess there's still problems -- whatever issues you see make a report -- I want to see you capture Saneth, and trigger the endgame, its important that it works properly.

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Was able to properly enter Shov after re-capping Logha

Believe me, I'm trying :p

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Class XII station fired 6 lasers at range from rear (too far for missiles), Class X fired 3 lasers and a missile to rear, and repaired 13 points. They seem to be firing and repairing now!

Class X isn't worth much XP though. Like 10 xp per hit (big hits too) and 640 xp on the kill (I have some Leadership bonuses)

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yeah... just lost a Colossus because of a double movement bug.... A colossus with 10+ days of officer upgrades and 50 battles on it...

It's all on video too ><

49,000 XP lost is nothing, but 10 days of officer upgrades... OUCH

Rank 5 power boost, +dmg +range, +1 shield charge, +1 maneuvering and I forget what else...

#Demoralized

Now I have to take a shitty 0-upgrade Dread to finish Shov and then fight all of Saneth

Funny thing is, went down 3 CP with the Class XII station blowing up - Class X ship's worth of points.

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Just got a double move again. AmishJoe was here for it as well, but wasn't recording.

I think it may be my worn mouse.

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

multi-sector control can flip progress and start accumulating time-bonuses for the enemy time while combat continues as well as enemy kills giving control back to the enemy!

-Another possible bug to report then! -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2017
  12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Class XIII 354 -> 402 hp, repairs 48/round + 20 or so shielding.

372 after next round's repair, net gain of 30 damage. at 503 hp, it should take ~16 rounds to kill.

Current power config allows for about 100 out of 110 possible damage per round.

Shielding + tactics, not really taking any damage (from the station, odd defender shot may hit me).

And yes, it is firing like 6 lasers and 5 missiles to the rear!

-Its about time they retaliated properly, I wonder what happens when you destroy the station. It should trigger endgame. Of course, in a real game situation you could have 15 people defending that station against you. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2017
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Saneth station has been destroyed (all 3 are now downed). Several minor stations, mines, and defending ships remain. No CP was awarded for a Class XIII Main Homeworld station kill!

No CP awarded for ship kills either.

No CP for minor station (Class XI I think).

No CP awarded for killing mines.

Seems this sector is uncapturable for some reason. Maybe has something to do with the other zones swapping control and progressing back to owner once conquered.. I dunno.

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Only getting +7 initiative. Should be getting +8
    Captain Skill Rank 2 (+5)
    Helmsman Skill 1 Rank (+3)

Was previously getting 5 from Captain skill, so it seems the helmsman skill is the one in error or some interaction between the two.

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

All Genari Homeworld Stations and Mines destroyed.. Seems to be an infinite stream of defenders at Saneth because I cannot progress the capture bar.

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Have now cleared all remaining defenders (no new ones arrived?) and nothing happens.... oh wait a 5 CP tick from sitting in an empty zone. Going to have to repeatedly clear the zone and time-capture it!

Ugh, after several rounds of nothing, the defenders are really starting to spool up. This is becoming impossible simply due to the large map and random spawns. Can't cover this much ground fast enough to kill the new defenders.

18. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

The actual rule of the game for this sector is that if you destroy the homeworld station, the server is won -- no need to capture the sector itself. So its good to know that it does not trigger endgame yet, and its something I will report to the programmer in the morning. Basically it should trigger the Sol victory video -- which none of you have seen yet :)

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I had my shadowplay ready too!

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

JIRA created for weapon range issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.