*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS III ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Destroying a Class XI Defense Station gave Zero Control Points.

Either engines and crew are not taking damage on AI enemy ships or the display isn't showing damage.

Edit: I think I saw a ship take crew/engine damage momentarily then the display resumed showing max/cap.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Indeed he did. Lol @ being in a rush to dump my head before forgetting. Didn't read.

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

No Control Points or XP awarded for setting off a chain reaction (the ships killed from the initial explosion give nothing).

-You aren't supposed to get XP from ship explosion chain reactions, so that is working correctly -Vesuvius

Oh geez, server booted me/reset? I just had like 8 ships coming at me... that or desynched transits showing up for ships that were already on the map.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
  4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hooray! Range boost is now properly modifying range, accuracy, AND displayed on the weapon information (during combat phase before you fire and during allocation phase).

Damage Boost display isn't working, but the boost is being applied, at least Sol Rank I is.

Anything change with enemy AI/Genari weapon accuracy?!

-Nope, nothing changed on that :)

These guys are landing almost all of their hits from 4 hex away, and I know missile launchers have terrible accuracy and range.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Rare bug (think I know how I caused it) that allowed me to repair during combat. Will post screenshots and explain when I get time. Have to run.

In the first shot, you can see my repair tag still up during combat, which I was able to spend my 2 points (but only the 2) ahead of time for the next round's repair/allocation phase. Then in the second shot, my repair tag was still up even though I had zero points remaining, forcing me to have to manually skip repairs.

I think this was caused by clicking repair at just the right time as allocation phase ends (I think I let it time out) and operating in a bit of a lag window (much greater on my current connection).

-If you're able to reproduce it repeatedly by that trick, then its definitely a fix that is needed, so it does not become an exploit -Vesuvius

Attached Files:

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

24 Hour sector lockout seems high. That or adjust the ability to extend/attack from a tile and receive AI reinforcements if that tile does not have a connection to a starbase. Too easy to just drive into the enemy from a protected tile and capture 1 of 5 adjacent tiles within 24 hours and repeat the process.

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Crash on leaving spacedock multiple times on a row.

I just relocated to the Vega system (from Wolf?) at the end of my last session.

Seems to have resolved itself with waiting and appears to be an unusual load demand from the Vega system.

Relocated to Proxima, no problems.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

All weapons on the Colossus are reporting 10 range. Some are 12 some are 16 I believe. Missiles I think are 10.

After docking and getting an upgrade, all weapons are now reporting/operating at 16 range.

Was shown a cutscene of my own repair tender Class V on transit phase instead of the enemy ship.
    -Yeah, I don't like that, its a fix that's needed when the main transit phase bug is fixed. -Vesuvius

Doctor, Heal Thyself! Repair supports don't appear to be repairing themselves.
    -Not only that, they should be able to heal an additional 2 points -Vesuvius

Repair ship still moving 1 tile when old hold position.

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Remember how I was saying hits were doing weird things? Here's another example where the wrong shield arc was hit. The ship is clearly not riding the line to hit two surfaces, but is on the frontal arc yet hits the port fore arc.

-It happens to me too once in a while, and I don't understand why. Strange bug, but how to reproduce it? -Vesuvius

Attached Files:

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

AmishJoe had higher init in a fight, passed, I did part of my turn, passed, he then went before me instead of the last-option as expected.

Is it possible this is the result of having the same initiative?

Same initiative means player choice is random -Vesuvius

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Just got nailed for 43 damage in one hit at random, tried to ss it. This is what made me think that all my repairs were ignored in a previous post on this thread.

A class VI Light cruiser.

59 hull
    48 engine
    348 crew

Looks like a Guardian type I

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Mind you this was AFTER 20 points of shielding were absorbed. I just barely missed the damage count on my screen, but you can see a large chunk of my Hull bar still red and draining (much larger than the usual hits I take), from nearly full hull... BLAMO down to 135

PS - That dead Orchis was AmishJoe, I got him blown up from a nearby reactor explosion ><

PPS - Hooo Leee Foook 320 CP MASSIVE SECTOR after the one just conquered.

Attached Files:

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Would like hit chance display and ship Make/Model fixed. Can see what class, hull, engines, crew, and type of ship (light cruiser, etc) but not what make and model (Agile Flier III)

-The hit chance is being fixed as we speak; that's right though, the Make/Model has gone missing too. Will make a ticket for that. -Vesuvius

Extremely difficult to locate anything on the huge maps.

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Can't read info panel when hovering over turn order bar icons because of UI (timer, buttons, CP bar)

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Confirmed, Guardian I Class VI ship is hitting WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HARD.

Just got clocked for 51 TWICE

-Found the problem, the GSEHLB-5 weapon was set to 700% damage. A typo, so I fixed it back to 100%. It will reflect on the next build. -Vesuvius

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Are you sure none of their accuracy ratings got typo'd :p

How did that weapon get set to 700% anyway? You just wanted to mess with us didn't you?

I got slammed a few times, but never lost a ship to it.

Afterall... #DancesWithMa'Alaketh

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Highlighted and other tile behind moon should be inaccessible (may be, but is not indicated)

Attached Files:

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Able to generate 'invalid target' message by attempting to fire bugged weapons reporting range greater than actual.

Unable to fire weapons beyond reported when range is bugged less than actual.

Weapon order and range is being randomly re-assigned on Colossus within each grouping. Range is either 10 12 or 16 for all weapons (the possible ranges of each type equipped)

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I know I know, not now.

Just had to say that the juice should be worth the squeeze. A 320 CP map with a 64 faction limit should have an appropriate reward for all the effort and time to capture it. Not just 'ok you have another tile and ONE more battle count'.

I'm having a hard time locating another sector of such size, and there appears to be no strategic or other value associated with this one.

#GoingAround

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Server keeps disconnecting me.

Now seeing additional chat tabs (copies of faction and off topic), one of them returning an invalid message.

1 more enemy ship can arrive late after a sector locks if the sector was locked by time-capture instead of a kill.

Allocation not saved if timer expires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.