*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS II ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Take something like the Starfire III and put all the missile launchers on the front (why are 2 on port and none on starboard? 1 on aft?), then I'd say the Genari had a contender and I could officially adopt it as my favorite Gen ship (Aside from the AF II/IV, I don't like the design of any Gen ships all that much)

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

What's the mobility ratio for Class VIII? I'm having to leave 72 power to get 10 full movement points, so 7.2 ..? That seems weird. 22 power for 3 movement also agrees that it is greater than 7 but less than 8.

Class VIII is 6:1 movement ratio. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Unable to use number row = to fire weapon designated as 'P' (plus? can't send a shift-modified key?) after the 'MI' weapon, which can be triggered using the minus key '-'

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Seems like a pretty long time with a 3 month life expectancy on a 'universe'/server.

Really need the ability to buy multiple of the same ship (Class and variant) to have backups in the event of loss as well as Fleet Commander multi-ship control.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

That's a bug then because it was taking more than 18 power to get 3 movement. Can check again.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Starfire III Class VIII Has base 84 power and 12 movement. Should be 14 movement if 6:1 60 +24 = 84 (10x6 + 4x6)

Actually it says 12 movement at 84 power, but thats because it is 11.x rounding up. You only get 11 from 84 when combat phase starts.

71 power gives 9 movement, 72 power gives 10.

Seems to be `7.2:1 NOT 6:1
    Ratio lies in the interval (7.1,7.2]

Would explain why you appear to have 12 MP with full power but really only get 11.

At maximum:
    7.2 x 10 = 72 (10 MP available)
    7.2 x 11 = 79.2 (you can only get 11 MP with all 84 base power unallocated)
    7.2 x 12 = 86.4 (slightly more power required than the base 84, causing rounding)

At near minimum:
    7.101 x 10 = 71.01 (71 power is insufficient for 10 MP, 72 or some value between required)
    7.101 x 11 = 78.111 (you can only get 11 MP with all 84 base power unallocated)
    7.101 x 12 = 85.212 (slightly more power required than the base 84, causing rounding)

This all ties into my global picture of Genari being terrible with their inaccurate weapons and marine pods and missiles requiring close range but being largely unable to close the gap and leaving themselves vulnerable from doing so, etc. etc.

The movement point ratio for the Class VIII is in error then, I wonder if its the same for Sol class VIII ships. 84 power should = 14 movement points max. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
  7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Tried adding second Damage Boost rank, still no apparent increase when hovering over weapon.

Range bugged to 6 again.

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Class 7 is 5:1, I know that much from playing my favorite Montana III, Sol
    Class 9 is 10:1 (from playing with the Nova, Genari)
    Class 10 is 12.5:1 (played Colossus a lot, Sol)

1 1:8 ?
    2 1:4 ?
    3 1:2
    4 1:1
    5 2:1 (iirc)
    6 3:1 (iirc)

Do the rest of the numbers look right?

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I forget where that picture is that lists all the intended ratios :p

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

This is the proper ratios:

Class I -- 1:6
    Class II -- 1:3
    Class III -- 1:2
    Class IV -- 1:1
    Class V -- 2:1
    Class VI -- 3:1
    Class VII -- 4:1
    Class VIII -- 6:1
    Class IX -- 8:1
    Class X -- 10:1

If any of these are off, then its a bug, it is important that I report it to get fixed.

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I coulda swore I had to reserve 50 power on the MIII to get 10 MP, Class VII was 5:1

And I'm absolutely certain that the Colossus X was 12.5 :1, which I found very odd and scratched my head for awhile to determine.

100 power = 8 mp, 25 = 2, but 38 (37.5 req) or 13 (12.5 req) to get 3 or 1.

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Seems a bunch of them are off.

With increased mobility, Genari aren't as much of the dopes I see them as currently.

Report submitted.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  13. Vesuvius_SWIE

A bunch of fixes coming to the new build soon, one of which will be the movement point ratios, as well as the information in the sectors will show ships/structures' presence more accurately.
    Support ships will also be added soon, with the unlockable Captain's skill. In a sense, support ships would act as 'pets' in what we see in common RPG games.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Vesuvius_SWIE

Update now online!

Space Wars Patch Notes 5/12/2017

General Changes
    • The lockout period for a sector has been changed from 10 minutes to 24 hours.
    • The Mission Icon has been updated to better match the visual aesthetics of the Galaxy Map.
    • The character panel that indicates the player’s position on the galaxy map has been reduced in size to make it easier to see adjacent sectors.
    • When ships are destroyed they will now be correctly removed during the explosion animation not before.
    • The class III corvette that the player chooses when they create their captain will now always be available to purchase for Free. This is to prevent a situation where a player does not have enough Leadership Points to purchase a ship.
    • Leadership Points will no longer be refunded when the player’s ship is destroyed. This change was made to address an LP/HP farming exploit.
    • The Captain Creation screen will now also show the LP/HP value as XP for the starting ship.
    • Structures will no longer display a captain.
    • The Structure and Ship count for the each sector is now being correctly updated on the Galaxy Map.
    • Resolved an issue where the Power to Movement ratios were not correct for every ship class.
    • Resolved an issue where the Allocation Phase movement points displayed were not the same as when in combat.
    Officers
    • The officer upgrade lockout time has been reduced to 22 hours instead of 24.
    • Once an officer has been promoted and the promotion lockout timer is active the promote button will now be disabled if the officer meets the battle requirement for the next promotion.
    • A cooldown timer will now be shown for the officer promotion lockout period if the battle requirement for promoting that officer is met.
    • Battle Requirements for officer upgrades for each level has been changed to 1, 3, and 7.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

24 hour lockout is far too great on our current map. May be fine on full sized map.

-Full sized map is coming soon, I just want a few more fixes and features added to the galaxy map before I have the large map uploaded. -Vesuvius

Especially if we could fully capture station sectors, it would be very possible to create a 'front' of locked sectors, impossible for one side to advance, only able to defend.

-The large map has about 50 contestable sectors per row, so it would be tough to do; and lets not forget when there's hordes of activity, sectors aren't going to get captured by lone wolves playing by themselves alone on a map with no human interference. -Vesuvius

Good call on the free corvette :p I had noticed the ability to blow up a cheap ship and get more XP back than what it cost, didn't seem worth doing to me though. Minor.

Max count 1 at a time free? We still need to be able to purchase multiple of the same ship and have different (or mirrored) crew.

-There's a potential for abuse in getting multiple copies of the same ship to build up, hence why I haven't implemented a fix for that (which is a simple fix, allowing players to buy more than one copy of a certain type of ship). -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2017
  16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I think it is absolutely required for Fleet Commander though. You need to be able to buy 3 of a ship. You could run 3 ships that are not alike, but meh... Not what I'd want.

If 1 or 2 of the 3 can get in and strike while the other cannot because you can't get enough mobility, what's the point?

Additional ships would also be great so that you could train additional crew in the event of a loss.

-Definitely something to consider, but low on priority for now. Support ship option should be available by the end of this week, and then its all about making sure they work properly and bug-free. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Did you change the watermark in the lower right to say 'alpha' or was it never changed to say 'beta'?

Easy answer, go look at my oldest screenshots :p

Looks like it's always said 'alpha'

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Still getting 6 range on the Nova IX's 12 range weapons sometimes, accuracy remains unchanged. For the most part I wouldnt want to fire at more than 6 anyway, but you know, a bug is a bug.

-Those are GSEHLB-5B heavy lasers, ships like the Starfire type I and Guardian type II have the same. If they also show the same bug, then it would be weapon-specific, if not, then something very strange with the Nova... -Vesuvius

AI still becoming unresponsive sometimes. May have to do with a certain class of ship being controlled or damage state or changes to power, unknown.

-If there is a way to reproduce it and make a video, it would be good for Justin to know. -Vesuvius

Ship destruction/Reactor explosion damage seems to be reduced if the reactor was damaged (possibly intended, I think it's actually a good thing and a neat feature).

-Its not intended, but agreed, I think its fine if that's how it works now. -Vesuvius

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Movement calculations and allocation display are beautiful now btw <3

FINALLY!!!!! -Vesuvius

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Please define a 'battle' or 'combat mission' within the context of officer upgrades:

I sat in a sector that was contested, fully re-established our dominance. That appears to count for nothing. Didn't really expect it to, but technically this is a combat mission for gaining/maintaining control of my faction's space even if I did not engage an enemy ship! IMO, this is an utterly thankless task that is important and should have a measure of reward OR have control of the sector automatically progress back towards the owner when only defenders or NO ships are present. Currently, I think progress towards owner halts when there are no defenders, AI or otherwise.

-Actually the XP gains via capturing regions hasn't been implemented, but it is another feature before launch (there's also medals for that as well). -Vesuvius

I then went to a sector that was occupied and conquered it after defeating 3 individual high class ships (30 point sector, ~12 points per ship or so + 5 or 10 points from time bonus sitting there). 3 'Battles' with 3 separate score screens/summaries and a free-flight in between each.

I get back to base and I still need 1 (previously 2) battles to upgrade my Tac Officer..?

Do we have to exit to galaxy map and then fight again for each 'battle' to count as a battle? Do we have to return to spacedock? Do we have to capture a sector?

-Combat Mission/Battle defines as entering a sector, fighting/killing at least one ship, then returning to base. -Vesuvius

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.