*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS II ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CpZen

CpZen Member

Thnx, keep the new builds coming! I like the fact that you can fight stronger AI now.

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

ONE OFFICER UPGRADE PER 24 HOURS! (Not one upgrade per officer per ship?)

-It should be one upgrade per officer per ship every 24 hours, so other ships can be upgraded at the same time. If its not working that way, then its another fix that's needed. -Vesuvius

Need ability to purchase multiple of the same ship. Log in once per day and train an officer from each ship once... That's what the game is becoming.... between having to dock to re-arm skills and once-per-day upgrades... a chore more than anything. That's what you wanted ><

Back to avoiding one-off skills like the plague! With the exception of my super-cor fleet when that is enabled :p

At least make it 22 hours so that we don't have a 'rolling forward' effect, causing us to have to stay up/on later and later and then eventually miss an officer upgrade cycle.

I think 22 hours sounds better to me too, I can have that changed. -Vesuvius

Wouldn't have a fully trained crew (4 weeks for 25 ranks with 'rolling forward') by the time server is reset ><

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Bug - Correcting the Genari Overload skill has de-allocated 4 skill points that are unobtainable. Trying a respec (eww 100 Credits!)

Yeah, got all 10 SP back.

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Error 224 Invalid Action upon leaving spacedock?

I probably just hit the exit button twice.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

General Error upon attempting to train an officer a second time even though the only requirement listed is XP. (no longer says 1 battle required)

After changing screens:
    Alternate officers say 'one per 24 hours'
    Same officer previously upgraded now says 1 battle required again.

-There's some bugs to fix here on this new feature, it should say that on the officer you have just upgraded. Along with the wait time required. -Vesuvius

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

After applying a Damage Boost rank to my Nova I Tac Officer, weapon range dropped from the normal 12 down to 6 !

However, accuracy still behaves as if 12 range.

-Have you seen this before? Strange for such a new bug to pop up like that. I wonder if it is for all ships, or some strange exception with the Nova. -Vesuvius

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Damage is not being reported as increased (Damage = Charge, no change from damage boost skill)

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Enemy ships becoming unresponsive after taking engine damage. At least they end their turn :p

-Its a persistent bug that really needs a fixing. -Vesuvius

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

'Only one officer promotion every 24 hours' Should display how much time is remaining.

Hours will suffice when greater than 8.
    Minutes would be nice between 1 and 8 hours remaining.
    Seconds would be nice when less than 1 hour remaining.

Again, should be a 22 hour timer to avoid 'rolling forward' effect that players with set playtimes will encounter.

Not saying I like this limiter, just giving some criticism on the system that you want.

I think a happy balance would be one upgrade per officer per 22 hours, appx 5 days to max your crew (with the exception of the Genari Tac officer, maybe make that restriction 2 upgrades per cycle to balance it out somewhat).

-Yup, 22 hours sounds more logical for player convenience. -Vesuvius

You're killing me with these limiters ><

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Game just did something really weird on transit phase attacking a Sol owned sector with our mine in it... how to explain...

-What sector was this? It seems to be a recurring issue creating random bugs when a Geanri region is captured without eliminating all the mines. I've been trying to get the programmers to reproduce this to show them that a region should not be capturable without destroying all mines. -Vesuvius

Looked like transit was beginning just fine, then right as it was going to the cut/flyby of the approaching ship, the screen jumped to a solid grey then black then kinda locked up and I cannot maximize the game window, but I hear progression of combat phases in the background.

Attempting to select the game from my task bar produces a small (80 px wide by 2o px high) black bar at the top left of my screen.

Unable to interact with client.

12. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

Combat missions # on the officer skill area doesn't show the number of combat missions, just a '-'. Unless it hasn't been implemented yet?

-It should have been implemented, a bug to report. -Vesuvius

13. Kahless

Kahless Member

I think the 1 power cost for marines was agood move!

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yes, marine pods should probably vary in size and effect, and subsequently power cost to use.

A 10 marine pod on a corvette for 4 power was like UGH to use... but the same on a Battleship?

Larger ships should also be able to use pods from longer range! They really need this to compensate for their lack of mobility. Having 100 marines is useless if you can't get close enough to use them or getting so close puts you in great danger. What good is the Genari 'compensation' of marines for their lack of tech then??

Overall, I'm still not even close to considering Genari over Sol even with Marine pod power cost reduction and their supposed different tactical advantages vs Sol (and I agree, it should be lowered btw).

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Before, adding damage boost was reflected on the information display when hovering over the weapon during combat phase. This go around, it was 5 dmg for 5 charges (no +1 for 6 damage).

So not only am I not getting the damage boost, but also the range on the ship was reduced from 12 to 6.

It may have something to do with the other ships in my hangar..?

I did not log in again to check if it had resolved itself, but you can see the 6-hex highlight in the screenshot above.

-You can update the damage boost ticket in Jira and notify Justin on this one -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

It was right near Ghazah station, there was a blue (sol) sector listed with a mine/mines on it still (you have to zoom in at least once to see what is in a sector).

I don't see it anymore. I coulda swore it was only 1 or 2 hex away on the galaxy map from the station.

May have been G-1602. Pretty sure Sol had conquered that area without clearing all mines and then we took it back..?

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

One per Officer Per ship?

Seems to be one officer per ship, requiring 25 days to max a ship!
    -Yup, a month is about right for limiting a ship's officers from maxing out. -Vesuvius

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

The range bug corrected itself after a relog.

Still not seeing damage increase though. (1 of 2 ranks, Genari)

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Randomly 6 ranged again after a relog. Seems to be unrelated to the officer upgrade event.

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Random Thought:

I'm surprised that the Genari don't have a high mobility missile boat in the upper classes. Everything is a mix of missiles, marines, and lasers with most missiles usually being on the rear of the ships and very difficult to use offensively without putting yourself in great danger.

-There's a missile assault destroyer in the books for the next Genari ship add-on. -Vesuvius

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.